BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > M3 Frequently Asked Questions > E36 FAQ
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Old Tue, Dec-28-2004, 09:48:08 PM   #31
A2ThaK

Thanks for the quick response and the info. Yeah it is true I need to get an M3 first, and I wasn't going to turbo it the very min. I got it, it would have been a while for me to save up 9K as I'm a broke ass college student. Thanks agian.
Jump to top A2ThaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Jan-25-2005, 12:01:17 AM   #32
95RogueM3
^Needs More Garage Space..

United States

I wanted to add this to the thread. As many have known for a long time RMS has always had good hardware but the software has always been seriously lacking. (as well as customer service)

http://www.rms-sucks.com/links.html

This is a compilation of complaints (mainly from m5 board members but it was posted in bimmerforums and I thought it should be shared here as well.

-Richard

Jump to top 95RogueM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Feb-25-2005, 04:27:24 PM   #33
n00b
Speed Addict

Hey, I just found this thread and have been looking around. I think 95RogueM3 is extreemly helpfull in answering everyones questions and he's extreemly fast. But reviewing the websites and boostlogic.com I was looking at their kit and it says:

"The details of the kit:
Boost Logic has started to develop turbo kits for the M50, S50, M52 and S52 BMW engines in E36 and E36/7 and /8 chassis. We feel that there can be huge improvements made in current available manifolds. The only offerings we have seen are cast manifolds that only fit smaller T3 and T4 on-center turbos."

That is right from the site, and on the first line it says they have a kit for S52 which is OBD II 96+ unless they mean it has an OBD I conversion which they did not state. Please correct me if I am wrong.
Jump to top n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Feb-25-2005, 04:48:24 PM   #34
95RogueM3

United States

Good to see you found the FAQ.

The Boostlogic kit currently in production (there are 2 kits out...)

One is an s52 being currently built, but he is going with an AEM standalone system..so essentially he is negating the obd2 in his car.

The second kit is on an MRoadster, an employee of boostlogic, and I believe he is converted to OBD1 with a Greddy E-manage fuel system (kind of like an SMT-6 piggyback)

There are details about the kit being circulated on www.bimmerforums.com and their use of a tubular exhaust manifold is HUGE...and said by BL to possibly gain an extra 50+whp over a cast manifold.

As of right now I am kinda waiting to pass judgement on the kit..I think it will be very very nice when out in production kit form.

Any more questions..please dont hesitate to ask.

Old Fri, Feb-25-2005, 06:18:10 PM   #35
n00b
Speed Addict

Thanks for the fast reply! So, as for the S52 kit they are basically making it for OBD I conversion engines then?

I'm not really big on the F/I forum in bf.c because I'm still learning and trying to understand how all of it works before I go posing in there too much. Because the guys in there know so much about it I'm afraid they flame me or somthing they always seem to get in aguments about stuff. But I personnally know a couple of the guys down at eurosport, and they have taught me alot but I don't live in UT anymore so I don't get to hang around there anymore.

(P.S. My sig pic is one from last time I was in UT when Ben had Byzanz and stuff, I have more.)
Old Sun, Mar-06-2005, 11:59:27 PM   #36
crankinpedro32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleM3Pursuit
if u got the money.. turbo.. active autowerkes
i agree with that. good choice.

Last edited by Sirius; Sun, Mar-20-2005 at 07:58:38 AM. Reason: No spam
Jump to top crankinpedro32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Mar-20-2005, 07:19:06 AM   #37
n00b
Speed Addict

Technique Tuuning's Kit is said to be the best one out there (He built it to prove that AA's wasn't all it's made out to be.)
Old Sat, Apr-02-2005, 03:16:29 PM   #38
m3zx

Default supercharger help

hi does anybody know where i can order an idle pulley and model # of the K & N filter for the supercharger setup? i have a 95 m3 with vortech vs/1 supercharger setup from european racing technology but i think ERT is out of business bc i cannot find them anywhere online..pls help..thanks

Last edited by m3zx; Sat, Apr-02-2005 at 03:21:21 PM.
Jump to top m3zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-02-2006, 03:14:37 PM   #39
///Dead_Methany
///M3 Powuhhhh

Sorry, I hate ressurrecting dead-threads, but i didn't want to create another topic on it.

I've read through all the posts, and I know that I shouldn't be planning out parts before I even own the car. I'm in the process of searching for an E36 M3, and I'm not set on a certain one at this time.

In the line of performance, what steps should I take to getting a Supercharger installed? As in, what parts should I replace before dropping the money on a supercharger? I see that I'll have to replace the clutch and flywheel with better ones, so what clutches and flywheels do you recommend? I've seen people mention new pulleys and such to give it better performance? I'm new to the world of F/I and upgrades, so be gentle with me :p

And a second question, I'd be looking to add about 6psi of boost (safe for stock engine, correct?), so does anyone have a particular supercharger to recommend??? I'm not looking to drop 8 grand on one either, so I'm looking for a balance between quality and price if at all possible.

Thanks for any information you can give me!

.Bill.

Donate money.
Bill needs an///M3.

Money saved: $400 (Little closer).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric BMW
Methany needs wife/girlfriend delete mod. Reduces nagging by 100%.
Jump to top ///Dead_Methany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Oct-02-2006, 05:22:22 PM   #40
95RogueM3

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Dead_Methany
In the line of performance, what steps should I take to getting a Supercharger installed? As in, what parts should I replace before dropping the money on a supercharger?
This will depend upon the state of whatever M3 you buy. A general list might include (above and beyond general maintenance items):

-New Suspension
-Cat-Back Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Dead_Methany
I see that I'll have to replace the clutch and flywheel with better ones, so what clutches and flywheels do you recommend?
I personally have and love a Rogue Engineering LTW flywheel and clutch kit which has been tested to nearly 400rwtq, which is plenty for a CF supercharger kit.
Quote:
I've seen people mention new pulleys and such to give it better performance? I'm new to the world of F/I and upgrades, so be gentle with me :p
The pulley they are talking about is the pulley that connects the supercharger to the crankshaft and which determines the speed at which the blower spins. The faster it spins, the more boost it will produce. However, as you say you want to limit yourself to 6psi, you should stick with the pulley provided in whichever kit you choose.
Quote:
And a second question, I'd be looking to add about 6psi of boost (safe for stock engine, correct?), so does anyone have a particular supercharger to recommend??? I'm not looking to drop 8 grand on one either, so I'm looking for a balance between quality and price if at all possible.
If you are looking for ~6psi (which is safe on the factory motor), while not spending too much look to:

~$4500-$5000
- www.aatuning.com
- www.vfengineering.com

~$6k,
Look to www.dinanbmw.com

All of the above kits will push very near to 6psi out of the box with no other modifications, and all will produce roughly 275rwhp. Personally, I would go with Dinan or VF, as their kits are upgradeable should you desire more boost, whereas the AA blower is nearly maxxed out (though still effiicient) at its 6psi.

Hope that helps.