BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > M3 Track: Racing and DE
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

M3 Track: Racing and DE Best mod for speed is learning to get the most out of what you currently have. Tracks and DE's is the place to start!

Old Wed, Mar-18-2009, 07:13:29 PM   #1
silber

United States

Default Bluegrass Motorsports Park -- 4/13/09

Looks like they might be canceling the 10/10ths event due to the track not being ready. Just received an email from Bill Neal that they will make a decision on 3/27. Looks like if they cancel I'll be signing up for the PCA event at the end of the month.

Just a heads up in case someone is planning to go and didn't see the email.
Jump to top silber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Mar-19-2009, 02:45:13 AM   #2
GTFrank
Track Jack

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by silber View Post
Looks like they might be canceling the 10/10ths event due to the track not being ready. Just received an email from Bill Neal that they will make a decision on 3/27. Looks like if they cancel I'll be signing up for the PCA event at the end of the month.

Wow that is not good news. I got an email today from Bluegrass because our Region is doing a DE in Oct and they listed the schedule and did not say anything about a delay??. If you are going to sign up for bluegrass I would not wait to much longer. I am instructing they were at like 96 students 10 days ago and I know they are closing it at 120. Keep me posted if they close 10/10ths. I sent an email to the track to find out status of facilities like paving in paddock and so on. No reply as of yet.
1999 Spec Miata #35
997 GT3 lost at sea
996 TT sold
Boxter sold
Jump to top GTFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Mar-19-2009, 03:07:07 AM   #3
silber

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTFrank View Post
Wow that is not good news. I got an email today from Bluegrass because our Region is doing a DE in Oct and they listed the schedule and did not say anything about a delay??. If you are going to sign up for bluegrass I would not wait to much longer. I am instructing they were at like 96 students 10 days ago and I know they are closing it at 120. Keep me posted if they close 10/10ths. I sent an email to the track to find out status of facilities like paving in paddock and so on. No reply as of yet.
Let me know what they say about the status. I'm going to wait until I hear anything before signing up for anything else in April. Will update the thread when I hear something.
Old Fri, Mar-20-2009, 01:58:14 AM   #4
GTFrank
Track Jack

United States

Quote:
Let me know what they say about the status. I'm going to wait until I hear anything before signing up for anything else in April. Will update the thread when I hear something.
I noticed the schedule they mailed out has an asterisk above all the April dates. I talked to the CIRPCA guys they are pretty confident they are going to be ok. The email was talking about the process they are going through, they are using tires to create soft barriers and apparently there is some rule them must be NEW tires. So they have the tire MFG's giving them rejected new tires. They are in the process of installing them. don't know if that is the delay or what.
1999 Spec Miata #35
997 GT3 lost at sea
996 TT sold
Boxter sold
Jump to top GTFrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-20-2009, 04:35:04 PM   #5
mmmpowr

United States

They need time to lay down the finish coat of asphalt.

David

2001 ///M3

OEM: 6-Speed | Titanium Silver Metallic | Imola Nappa Leather | Power Seat Package | Cold Weather Package | Width adj. front seat with lumbar | Xenon | Moonroof | In-dash CD | HK | BMW alarm | Univeral transceiver

Mods: OEM Strut brace | OEM 19" wheels (street) | RAC RS110 9.5"(f)/10"(r) wheels (track) | Brembo 355(f)/345(r) BBK | Motul RBF600brake fluid | ACS rear shock tower brace | D/A Race software | SS Stepped Headers/S-pipe/X-pipe w/resonator/Race muffler | RE pullies | aFe CAI stg1 | Bimmerworld intake elbow | Bimmerworld CF brake ducts | BMW Motorsport thermostat | TCK D/A coilovers w/#600(f)/#700(r) | GC camber/castor Race plate | Powerflex FCAB | GC front sway bar links | h-Sport sway bars | RE Tranny mounts | TCK RTAB | GC RLCA| TCK shock mounts | V-CSL CF trunk | V-CSL CF diffuser | McMahan 4pt rollbar | TMS oil cooler | RE Octane SSK
Jump to top mmmpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Mar-23-2009, 12:05:14 AM   #6
TitSprinksMcGee

In the garage:

United States

I'm going to do the DE at Putnam park on the 11-12th. That might be an option for you if they cancel 10/10ths on the 13th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALaw View Post
OP has been surprised by everything that's happened since the 13th Amendment
Coming soon to a post near you.
Jump to top TitSprinksMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Mar-26-2009, 03:40:25 AM   #7
Mvez
RS-aholic

United States

Quote:

I'll be there.

Think starsky and hutch....."do it, do it"
'12 Cayenne
'09 Ford F350 DRW - tow rig
Jump to top Mvez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-27-2009, 02:08:52 PM   #8
Mvez
RS-aholic

United States

Quote:

Not going up for the slip-and-slide at Putnam this weekend?
'12 Cayenne
'09 Ford F350 DRW - tow rig
Jump to top Mvez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-27-2009, 05:55:46 PM   #9
silber

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvez View Post
Not going up for the slip-and-slide at Putnam this weekend?
I was planning on it but I have a customer in town until Monday so it was quickly ruled out. Have fun though -- at least it won't be snowing like it was last year! I haven't heard from 10/10ths, going to send them an email to find out if they came to any conclusion on the 13th.
Old Fri, Mar-27-2009, 06:47:50 PM   #10
TitSprinksMcGee

In the garage:

United States

what's going on at putnam this weekend? (or do you mean easter weekend?) I never heard about a slip and slide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALaw View Post
OP has been surprised by everything that's happened since the 13th Amendment
Coming soon to a post near you.
Jump to top TitSprinksMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote