BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Parts for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Parts for Sale/Wanted Post your Parts Wanted, and non commercial bmw related items for sale. We ask that companies selling goods become a Sponsor to advertise your goods.

Old Tue, Feb-19-2019, 12:16:54 AM   #551
Sandeep1212

In the garage:

Canada

Default Re: 2017 SuperSprint Header Group-Buy Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
Talking to Supersprint about the possibility of running a limited group-buy run on these, but I am just not sure how to make that work for everyone, as it requires the section 2 to be enlarged where the muffler is, requires all new custom gaskets (standard BMW gaskets won't work since they are too small), and will lock people in to both the muffler and section 2 setup. No other off the shelf muffler will work with this section 2 and no other off the shelf section 2 will work with this muffler. So it would need to be packaged together. But it's something we are exploring.

EDIT:
Probably would have made a whole lot more sense to ask for the ends to be V-banded. Could have avoided the gaskets that way. Truthfully didn't think about it at the time and I have never had any issues with their standard connection design. The easiest way for a group buy, and I'll ask them about this, would be to offer a V-band system that could replace the neck-down on the existing twin-pipe section 2s, so that guys interested could replace the existing neckdown (cut off the neckdown and weld on the V-band) with one that would accommodate the larger muffler design.
Ahh, yea I didnt that of that.

But good idea on the edit. Then less resistance from people who already got the new SS 2.5 sec 2.

2003.5 TIAG Black 6MT Gone
2003.5 Carbon Black Laguna Seca Blue SMG Current
Supersprint V1/Supersprint straight pipe sec 1/ Supersprint X-pipe/OEM Muffler/Eventuri Intake/TCKline Single Adjustable 500lbs Front 600lbs Rear/TCKline Camber Plates/Turner Adjustable Rear Control Arm/Turner Monoball RTABs/Turner Monoball FCABS/ Whiteline Front Sway / Brembo GT 6 piston Front 4 Piston Rear/OEM CSL Trunk/ CSL rep 1 piece lip
Jump to top Sandeep1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Feb-19-2019, 12:20:42 AM   #552
empty

United States

Default Re: **GROUP-BUY: 2017 SuperSprint Header Mega Thread

Wish I would have known about this when I just recently bought the muffler…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top empty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Feb-19-2019, 02:14:26 AM   #553
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: **GROUP-BUY: 2017 SuperSprint Header Mega Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by empty View Post
Wish I would have known about this when I just recently bought the muffler…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't want to give the wrong impression here...What I ordered was not intended to be a Group-Buy product...I ordered this for me and over 6 months ago back when Paul-Claude was the only one to have received the first of the testing units. I was originally supposed to receive the second testing unit for this Group-Buy thread, but let that spot go to Obioban first while I had them build me these two parts at my specific request. Then the new M5 development took precedent with regards to Supersprint's R&D team, so I patiently waited for this to arrive at their convenience (there was never any rush on my end). It actually came as a total surprise when I found out they were finished and had it shipped. My intention when ordering this was not to further aid in the development of another future Supersprint product (but I am happy to assist if interest is there), it was purely and selfishly because I wanted something particular and different for my own car. The reality is, these two parts are very niche and come with limitations. An oversized muffler requires an oversized section 2, meaning that this muffler will never work on the majority of cars without having this particular section 2 or a custom one made (no off the shelf section 2 will fit it) and likewise, this section 2 will not work with any off the shelf muffler aside from this particular one or a custom one. So from a product stand point, the audience is incredibly limited and limiting (something I am completely okay with). You wouldn't be able to run this muffler on a stock H-Pipe or any other section 2 on the market that I am aware of and with this particular section 2, you wouldn't be able to run a SCZA muffler, Dixis muffler, Magna flow, RE, *Insert muffler brand here*...or even a standard Supersprint muffler for that matter. So with this in mind, it does have a limited audience and one that more or less has to be okay that these two parts are more or less locked in with each other. And on the flip side, based on the data thus far, we didn't see any indication that the current offering and muffler options presented any sort of restrictions....even on a 288/280 cammed car. I ordered this before those results were even in. At the moment I don't have cams and thus I don't anticipate any extraordinary gains with this spec until the time comes that I do add cams. Will those gains be significantly better? I am not sure...and honestly, I am skeptical that the difference will be significant...At least, they should have no reason to flow worse. But this is what I wanted in order to future proof my car. I think any differences observed (if any) will necessitate cams though. ....And that brings me to another point, I am not really in a position to collect valuable data on this that would be directly meaningful; too many variables will be changed all at once. Going from a tuned Resonated X-pipe and RE El Diablo muffler (reported to rob power) and then going to a retuned custom oversized section 2 and custom oversized muffler (and I don't have any baselines to compare to)...add in the possibility of cams soon...and there are so many variables that I don't think I could confidently say any one part performs better than anything else...let alone the standard muffler and twin-piped section 2 (which I don't own)...So I am not sure how much value a dyno will even be (other than the value added from needing to really dial these in on a dyno to maximize their potential and drivability for my personal car compared to the current tune on it).

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Both Karbonius and Streamline CSL Airboxes, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized HJS Race Catted section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized Custom section 2, Custom Oversized Supersprint muffler, Catcam's Billet 280/272 cams, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Brembo GT6 (front) + GT4 (rear) BBK, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, SMG Pump Relocated.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested):
OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2, HTE Tuning Group-Buy OE CSL Wheel
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-25-2019, 07:32:55 PM   #554
itsrichierich
Got pho?

United States

Anyone know the part # for the HJS or GESI cats I would need to fit them into the SS section 1? Looking to buy the catless section 1 and having my own cats installed. Just not sure what part #s I would need (Or if I'm correct, I would need 2.5" for inlet and outlet?)
Old Mon, Feb-25-2019, 07:57:41 PM   #555
Jaredomin

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsrichierich View Post
Anyone know the part # for the HJS or GESI cats I would need to fit them into the SS section 1? Looking to buy the catless section 1 and having my own cats installed. Just not sure what part #s I would need (Or if I'm correct, I would need 2.5" for inlet and outlet?)
YW

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=603297
Jump to top Jaredomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Feb-25-2019, 08:54:49 PM   #556
itsrichierich
Got pho?

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredomin View Post
Old Mon, Mar-11-2019, 11:44:18 PM   #557
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

BUMP.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Both Karbonius and Streamline CSL Airboxes, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized HJS Race Catted section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized Custom section 2, Custom Oversized Supersprint muffler, Catcam's Billet 280/272 cams, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Brembo GT6 (front) + GT4 (rear) BBK, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, SMG Pump Relocated.
OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2, HTE Tuning Group-Buy OE CSL Wheel
Old Wed, Mar-20-2019, 08:34:19 PM   #558
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Bump still offering these!

Old Fri, Mar-22-2019, 02:28:15 PM   #559
ts111

In the garage:

United States

Could I get a list of header prices to 30044?

curious on price
Old Tue, Mar-26-2019, 08:38:33 PM   #560
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

BUMP!