BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Wed, Feb-01-2017, 08:39:40 PM   #11
fiveightandten
He'll save children, but not the British children...
 
fiveightandten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,010
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 fiveightandten will become famous soon enough
Location: Connecticut

United States




Default Re: Are these worth it?

I paid $900 for my squared set of 4 rears, and I felt like that was on the high end. Granted, they're not refinished and polished. But as time goes on, I'm less of a fan of polished lips on these wheels. It looks different, but it sort of makes the wheel look smaller, and there is some level of upkeep to it if you actually drive the car.

Personally, I'd strongly lean toward a square set. The car looks and drives so much better with something wider up front. $2K is a lot of money for something that provides no functional benefit and may not even make you happy aesthetically.

Here are mine when I got them in 2010. The barrels needed some cleaning and the clear coat isn't perfect, but they're pretty nice.





Front vs rear.
__________________
-Nick

1986 325es || 2003 330ci || 1998 M3/4/5

Last edited by fiveightandten; Wed, Feb-01-2017 at 08:46:33 PM.
Jump to top fiveightandten is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Feb-01-2017, 11:06:06 PM   #12
SQ13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,688
Reputation: 0 SQ13 is on a distinguished road
Location: U.S.

United States




Default Re: Are these worth it?

James, I can get 15% off anything through my local dealership, and they can ship (but would have to confirm that they'll ship wheels). If interested, I could try to get you the discount through my name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-technik-3 View Post
Is it chrome or have they been stripped and polished up? Me I don't like chrome plating but polish is ok.Would I pay 2k for light weights No
Let me rephrase... OE finish or GTFO.
__________________
Jump to top SQ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-02-2017, 03:30:59 PM   #13
StJamesM
Store Bay
 
StJamesM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 6,631
Reputation: 0 StJamesM has disabled reputation

Trinidad and Tobago




Default Re: Are these worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveightandten View Post
I paid $900 for my squared set of 4 rears, and I felt like that was on the high end. Granted, they're not refinished and polished. But as time goes on, I'm less of a fan of polished lips on these wheels. It looks different, but it sort of makes the wheel look smaller, and there is some level of upkeep to it if you actually drive the car.

Personally, I'd strongly lean toward a square set. The car looks and drives so much better with something wider up front. $2K is a lot of money for something that provides no functional benefit and may not even make you happy aesthetically.

Here are mine when I got them in 2010. The barrels needed some cleaning and the clear coat isn't perfect, but they're pretty nice.





Front vs rear.
thanks for sharing - yours look perfectly ideal and I think i agree that for LTWs the squared setup is better looking generally..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ13 View Post
James, I can get 15% off anything through my local dealership, and they can ship (but would have to confirm that they'll ship wheels). If interested, I could try to get you the discount through my name.
.
that would be excellent - im in DC. I'd def be interested if the price is reasonable - in no major rush, as i am still looking at which tires to get if I make the switch.

appreciate the thought -- shoot me a PM when you get a chance
__________________
'99 e36M-5mt
'12 e92M-6mt

Akrapovic Evolution Titanium Exhaust [no Cats], GruppeM Intake, Evolve-R ECU, Eriscsson front bumper, Ericsson Amuse trunk lid, Strasse forged SM8, Bilstein B12 sportline
past
- F355GTS-6mt
- JCW CooperS

Quote:
in a perfect world i'd have a singer and a fully restored goat, period
Jump to top StJamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-02-2017, 06:24:44 PM   #14
EY84002
Registered User
 
EY84002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 189
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 EY84002 is on a distinguished road
Location: Hershey

United States




Default Re: Are these worth it?

Those exact wheels, from the same seller were for sale last year for $1350. I am a fan of the polished lips.
__________________
Jump to top EY84002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-02-2017, 07:18:42 PM   #15
StJamesM
Store Bay
 
StJamesM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 6,631
Reputation: 0 StJamesM has disabled reputation

Trinidad and Tobago




Default Re: Are these worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EY84002 View Post
Those exact wheels, from the same seller were for sale last year for $1350. I am a fan of the polished lips.
does the guy restore wheels generally? he looks to have some custom finishes of classic designs
__________________
'99 e36M-5mt
'12 e92M-6mt

Akrapovic Evolution Titanium Exhaust [no Cats], GruppeM Intake, Evolve-R ECU, Eriscsson front bumper, Ericsson Amuse trunk lid, Strasse forged SM8, Bilstein B12 sportline
past
- F355GTS-6mt
- JCW CooperS

Quote:
in a perfect world i'd have a singer and a fully restored goat, period
Jump to top StJamesM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-02-2017, 08:12:44 PM   #16
Solaris99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 245
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Solaris99 is on a distinguished road
Location: NC

United States




Default Re: Are these worth it?

For you guys looking for LTWs, have you checked out any used/reconditioned OEM wheel vendors? I just searched quickly and found a few places with them in stock. You may have to order from a few places, but you could probably put together a squared set for a more reasonable price than what's in this ebay ad.
__________________

1999 BMW M3
2009 Chevy Cobalt SS turbocharged coupe
2000 Ford F350 7.3L 4x4
Jump to top Solaris99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-02-2017, 08:37:20 PM   #17
Jim E.
Registered User
 
Jim E.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 528
Reputation: 0 Jim E. is on a distinguished road





Default Re: Are these worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StJamesM View Post
^ noted - thanks Chris; always helpful

edit: yea, ECS is ridiculous on some OE parts.. i think the "rears" were $530 each as opposed to $520 for the fronts
I can get the rear for about $510. Fronts for $300 each.

Today, for the front ECS shows about $401 and fronts about $597 rears.

Crazy!
__________________
http://www.pbase.com/dandoun/image/164706869/medium.jpg

Last edited by Jim E.; Thu, Feb-02-2017 at 08:40:53 PM.
Jump to top Jim E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Feb-03-2017, 12:22:08 AM   #18
EY84002
Registered User
 
EY84002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 189
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 EY84002 is on a distinguished road
Location: Hershey

United States




Default Re: Are these worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StJamesM View Post
does the guy restore wheels generally? he looks to have some custom finishes of classic designs
HE always has nice wheels. I think the LTW's in question would look great on a silver car. The polished lip really pops when compared to the OEM tone/tone silver
__________________
Jump to top EY84002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Feb-03-2017, 12:53:07 AM   #19
SQ13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,688
Reputation: 0 SQ13 is on a distinguished road
Location: U.S.

United States




Default Re: Are these worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StJamesM View Post
that would be excellent - im in DC. I'd def be interested if the price is reasonable - in no major rush, as i am still looking at which tires to get if I make the switch.

appreciate the thought -- shoot me a PM when you get a chance
PM sent.

I would recommend Pirelli slicks.
__________________
Jump to top SQ13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Feb-03-2017, 02:05:59 AM   #20
Pierre i am
ranch me brotendo
 
Pierre i am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,658
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 Pierre i am has a spectacular aura about

United States




Default Re: Are these worth it?

how much does a set of stamped squared run now?
__________________
Sam 2/23/16

https://m.imgur.com/r/funny/vrjdqZ4
Jump to top Pierre i am is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 03:37:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing Are these worth it? in the E36 M3 (1992-1999) Forum - {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999 at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)