BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Cars for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Cars for Sale/Wanted Place to list your private cars for sale. ONLY BMW's.

Old Sat, May-06-2017, 07:23:45 PM   #1
johnnyboi1016

Default 1997 BMW e36 M3 - fully loaded lux pkg black/black 5-speed - $8500 - Laurel, MD

I will be available this weekend thru next Tuesday - the car will be sold by then.

I also have an ebay posting - you can get a free VIN / car history check there: http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/162506004364?

**Hey all I tried adding pics to this post but not sure if there's something wrong with the attachment manager on this site.. I tried 2 different browsers. Either way my ebay posting above has pics.

-Qualifies for historic MD plates: perfect timing since I just got the emissions notice and you can be exempt. Also save a ton on insurance, esp. if 2nd/weekend car.
-Clean title, no accidents, 2nd owner. Garaged the entire time I have owned it. Was not my daily driver, averaged ~4k miles / year.
-Bought car in 2005 with 105k and newly rebuilt engine: butter smooth, full compression, burns zero oil - switched to semi synthetic many years ago.
-Factory clutch was replaced about 2 years / 10k miles ago, clutch delay valve was also removed. Engagement is very fast. I rev match and skip gears all the time so the wear and tear on the syncros/transmission should be very minimal. New shifter.
-Brand new battery; alternator and water pump were replaced about a year ago, A/C compressor about 2 years ago. Tires are around 50%.
-All stock except for Eibach springs and UUC front/rear swaybars and front strut bar. Added the keyless entry system after I got the car so it doesn't have the integrated FOB/key but if you care about that I think the dealer or specialty key places can do that (the few places I asked said they can't do the electronic chip programming in the key).
-Fully loaded from factory with luxury package, sunroof, auto everything, leather, heated seats, dual climate, 6 cd changer in trunk.
-Interior/exterior I would rate 8/10, rear seats are in almost perfect condition, most wear/tear on the driver's seat. Wood trim has some cracks/chips, standard wear/tear around center console/dash. Exterior has some minor chips.
-Rims are stock and pretty chewed up when I got the car; I meant to swap them out but never got around to it. I can't lie, I've been lazy recently about interior/exterior upkeep so it could use some loving detailing.
-Suspension might need a refresh if you want to restore some comfort to the ride (springs are about 2 years old and shocks <1 year old) - I would look into the multiple bushings that could be replaced. I did the basic front/rear bushings and rear shock tower reinforcements when I first got the car. Chassis creaks here and there (not sure if certain joints can be oiled or if you just chalk that up to metal fatigue over time) and there seems to be a small clunk appearing around the front passenger side (my guess is ball joints - when my mechanic tried to troubleshoot it he didn't notice but I'm very keen to any new noises the car makes).
-Car is being sold as is and should pass inspection fine unless a fog light being out is an issue. One of the angel eyes stopped working but the headlights/high beams work fine.

Hopefully that should cover it.. I want the next owner to be as informed as possible with no surprises and wish for it to go to a good home. She's a classic and I consider the body style / generation timeless. Enthusiasts should never forget that 1997 was the year that this car won the best handling shootout in Car and Driver!

Last edited by johnnyboi1016; Sat, May-06-2017 at 07:28:12 PM.
Rate Seller View Rating
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads