BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Wed, Apr-26-2017, 10:35:26 AM   #21
haines
Registered User
 
haines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 18
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 haines is on a distinguished road
Location: Chandler

United States




Default Re: Intro to E36 M3 ownership

Like the color combo. I live in PHX and saw that AZEuros was shipping her out. Hope to see more post on it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top haines is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Apr-26-2017, 01:14:23 PM   #22
MMMGP
retired
 
MMMGP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,982
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 MMMGP is on a distinguished road
Location: Bay Area, CA

Poland




Default Re: Intro to E36 M3 ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettiM3 View Post
Anything you've had first hand experience with?
I had AB send me a sample and compared the color.

AB left, OE right


AB top, background is front seat


AB top, background is rear seat


Maybe AB has updated the color over the years. I'd request a new sample before pulling the trigger.
__________________
'11 335is vert Alpine/Schwarz (1 of 168)
'12 X5 35i Premium Alpine/Schwarz (1 of thousands)
Jump to top MMMGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-26-2017, 02:46:35 PM   #23
spaghettiM3
Registered User
 
spaghettiM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 121
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 spaghettiM3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Denver

United States




Default Re: Intro to E36 M3 ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by haines View Post
Like the color combo. I live in PHX and saw that AZEuros was shipping her out. Hope to see more post on it.
You'll definitely see more posts on it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMGP View Post
I had AB send me a sample and compared the color.

Maybe AB has updated the color over the years. I'd request a new sample before pulling the trigger.
That helps out a lot! Thank you for the pictures and advice. I'm going to contact them today and request a sample. Once I receive the sample, i'll take pics with my seats.
Jump to top spaghettiM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-26-2017, 02:50:52 PM   #24
MMMGP
retired
 
MMMGP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,982
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 MMMGP is on a distinguished road
Location: Bay Area, CA

Poland




Default Re: Intro to E36 M3 ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettiM3 View Post
That helps out a lot! Thank you for the pictures and advice. I'm going to contact them today and request a sample. Once I receive the sample, i'll take pics with my seats.
If you do decide to go for the refresh, you should re-skin the fronts, rears, and the door panel inserts. You may be able to purchase extra leather from AB and then have an upholstery pro recover the door panel inserts.
__________________
'11 335is vert Alpine/Schwarz (1 of 168)
'12 X5 35i Premium Alpine/Schwarz (1 of thousands)
Jump to top MMMGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-26-2017, 04:27:19 PM   #25
spaghettiM3
Registered User
 
spaghettiM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 121
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 spaghettiM3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Denver

United States




Default Re: Intro to E36 M3 ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMGP View Post
If you do decide to go for the refresh, you should re-skin the fronts, rears, and the door panel inserts. You may be able to purchase extra leather from AB and then have an upholstery pro recover the door panel inserts.
That might be the route I go but i'd most likely sell my backseat to another Modena owner that could benefit from it and i'll recover a beat backseat.

Speaking of beat backseats -- i've thought about looking for a backseat or doorcards that I could repurpose that leather and recover the bolsters.
Jump to top spaghettiM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-26-2017, 05:16:19 PM   #26
MMMGP
retired
 
MMMGP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,982
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 MMMGP is on a distinguished road
Location: Bay Area, CA

Poland




Default Re: Intro to E36 M3 ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaghettiM3 View Post
That might be the route I go but i'd most likely sell my backseat to another Modena owner that could benefit from it and i'll recover a beat backseat.

Speaking of beat backseats -- i've thought about looking for a backseat or doorcards that I could repurpose that leather and recover the bolsters.
I have a spare backseat bottom in storage just for that purpose... Found it on eBay a couple of years back. I will be selling my sedan in the coming months and will be unloading all my E36 inventory shortly after. PM me if you're interested.
__________________
'11 335is vert Alpine/Schwarz (1 of 168)
'12 X5 35i Premium Alpine/Schwarz (1 of thousands)
Jump to top MMMGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-26-2017, 05:28:50 PM   #27
spaghettiM3
Registered User
 
spaghettiM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 121
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 spaghettiM3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Denver

United States




Default Re: Intro to E36 M3 ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMGP View Post
I have a spare backseat bottom in storage just for that purpose... Found it on eBay a couple of years back. I will be selling my sedan in the coming months and will be unloading all my E36 inventory shortly after. PM me if you're interested.
Thanks and PM sent
Jump to top spaghettiM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-27-2017, 02:48:27 PM   #28
spaghettiM3
Registered User
 
spaghettiM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 121
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 spaghettiM3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Denver

United States




Default Re: Intro to E36 M3 ownership

I have a set of 17x8 ET20 Style 5's I was going to throw on the car but after doing a lot of research, it sounds like I'd have to run stretched tires. My plan was 225's front and 245's rears, but that doesn't sound possible with style 5's.

Also have a set of Style 68's I can throw on instead. I'm just not a fan of the wheels that came on the car.

Coilovers will be going on the car this weekend.
Jump to top spaghettiM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-27-2017, 03:04:53 PM   #29
egebhardt
Registered User
 
egebhardt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Age: 44
Posts: 2,519
Reputation: 0 egebhardt is on a distinguished road
Location: San Carlos, CA

United States




Default Re: Intro to E36 M3 ownership

Spaghetti,
MMMGP's back seat is an EXCELLENT option. Using original leather for repairs is the best and cheapest option. You can even go as far as to buy extra seats and steal cushions.
Use that back seat as stock leather for the left side of the driver seat.
Then swap driver and passenger cushions. That puts the repaired panels on the inside of the passenger side.
Does that make sense?
__________________


96 Boston on Grey 2dr - New 5.17.13 (1 of 62)
98 TiSilver on Black 4dr - Sold 7.19.17 Jono driving it
97 Byzanz on Magma 4dr - Sold 7.7.17 Jerad in CO
98 Estoril on Grey 4dr - Sold 9.23.13 Garrett driving it
98 Arctic on Grey 4dr - Sold 3.18.13 Brandon driving it
98 Estoril on Grey 2dr - Sold 8.6.12 Thy sold it
99 Estoril on Sand 2dr - Sold 7.31.12 Eric modding it
98 Arctic on Grey 2dr - Sold 3.10.12 Kyle driving it
96 Techno on Black 2dr-Sold 6.13.09 Ross totaled it
Jump to top egebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-27-2017, 04:11:46 PM   #30
spaghettiM3
Registered User
 
spaghettiM3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 121
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 spaghettiM3 is on a distinguished road
Location: Denver

United States




Default Re: Intro to E36 M3 ownership

Quote:
Originally Posted by egebhardt View Post
Spaghetti,
MMMGP's back seat is an EXCELLENT option. Using original leather for repairs is the best and cheapest option. You can even go as far as to buy extra seats and steal cushions.
Use that back seat as stock leather for the left side of the driver seat.
Then swap driver and passenger cushions. That puts the repaired panels on the inside of the passenger side.
Does that make sense?

That makes perfect sense. I'm planning on picking up that seat from MMMGP when he is ready to sell and keep it for future repairs.

For now, I found a set of Modena sport seats locally for $60 that are in okay shape but have a good amount of leather that I can use.

I've attached the seats that i'm getting for reference.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seats.jpg (397.1 KB, 45 views)
Jump to top spaghettiM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:48:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing Intro to E36 M3 ownership in the E36 M3 (1992-1999) Forum - {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999 at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)