BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Mon, May-15-2017, 12:13:27 PM   #81
M-technik-3

In the garage:

Default Re: My 99' Hellrot intro

Nice lot of toys there, i'm sure you will enjoy they new car feel blasting on the roads. Ouch 3500 for just the Clubsports? That is some serious chunk of change.
Jump to top M-technik-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, May-15-2017, 06:14:33 PM   #82
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

Feels pretty good so far, the brakes are not broken in yet so I'm just putzing around town for the next few days. Alignment on Wednesday, track day Friday. Unfortunately I don't think I will have my hub centric rings by then so I'll have to track on my stock wheels but it's alright.
Old Thu, May-18-2017, 12:59:48 AM   #83
cracky
Next level beats

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate047 View Post

I'm a little unsure about the sway bars to be honest, the front bar is a LOT bigger than stock. Rear is also bigger but not as staggering. I like loose cars so yea, we shall see how she shakes down after dialing in ride height and having the alignment done.
These cars want a big FRONT bar and camber.

Take your honda knowledge and reverse it for this car. the car will not be loose and with the rubber you are on will be quite controllable if it does step out on you.

For the front bumper you can pull the black trim off. Loosen the nuts and lift it up/tighten.
Old Sat, May-20-2017, 06:06:00 AM   #84
Nate047

In the garage:

United States

^thank you for chiming in, you could not be more right about the front bar and camber. Here's one from today, a bit blurry but hey. Front right tire's lifting lol.

I did a 1:34.xx at Streets of Willow, not fast but who's counting First day with the refreshed suspension, brakes and corner balancing... Impression is WOW. Much much improved. I need to tweak my damper settings but today I was just having fun, I only took a transponder because it was free and curiosity would have killed me otherwise.

The car understeers still, but the tire is the shortfall of the car now, where as before it was the entire braking and suspension so the tire was not as immediately noticeable. The sidewalls basically collapse under hard cornering. After a full day of laps they look like they are gashed from rubbing on the body but they weren't at all, no rubber to be found anywhere inside my fenders or on the body. Just a super soft sidewall getting crushed under the weight of the car under load. I maintained a solid 34psi throughout the day. Long story short, the S.Drive is fine for an every day tire and if you don't drive hard, you won't hate it, but it's definitely not a track tire no matter how you slice it (Captain Obvious)

Alignment wise, I have -2.5 up front and -2 in back, with 0 toe in front and whatever the stock rear toe in setting is. Conservative, I know. I like to start easy and work into things. I am going to set my front sway to full stiff and relax the rear bar. I will also be increasing the negative camber up front and going with a new wheel and tire sometime soon-ish. I'm kind of back at square 1 with the wheels and tires, I may go with the Bimmerworld TE:AL in 17x8.5 and hopefully 245 AD08Rs. I found myself wishing a lot today that I had more power to help throttle me out of understeer but alas, such is the motor. Powering out is not the way to solve the problem of understeer anyway even though it's fun in some cars LOL. Hopefully a wider front wheel and tire with a proper sticky compound will help alleviate the understeer. Also to be fair, I am a bit rusty at Streets, I turned in early a lot at the beginning of the day until I got the line back.

Overall though... Super pleased. Off to Germany tomorrow, my wife and I are doing our annual Nürburgring 24H trip so I'll get some updates in mid June hopefully. I'll post up any cool BMWs I see, there's no shortage usually...

Last edited by Nate047; Sat, May-20-2017 at 06:14:52 AM.
Jump to top Nate047 is offline   Reply With Quote