BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Wed, May-03-2017, 08:05:57 PM   #151
Braymond141

United States

Default Re: E36 GT (LTW) and GT2 Wing Wickerbill (Gurney Flap) Reproduction and Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHawkRacing View Post
Just to make sure I understand, you plan on making an underpanel kit that will work in conjunction with the factory LTW splitter and retain adjustability?

I would be very interested in that.
For now, no. I am however going to assemble the hardware required to modify a Motion Motorsports panel. You can slot the panel yourself for adjustment, or just use static mounting. The tray strut kit I make ties it all in ensuring it doesn't rip off the panel, but one could try to run without the struts.
Jump to top Braymond141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, May-03-2017, 08:53:33 PM   #152
BlackHawkRacing

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: E36 GT (LTW) and GT2 Wing Wickerbill (Gurney Flap) Reproduction and Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
For now, no. I am however going to assemble the hardware required to modify a Motion Motorsports panel. You can slot the panel yourself for adjustment, or just use static mounting. The tray strut kit I make ties it all in ensuring it doesn't rip off the panel, but one could try to run without the struts.
Understood, thank you. Looks like a great product (the struts)!
Old Wed, May-03-2017, 11:36:18 PM   #153
ExclusiveAuto

United States

I gotta say, this is awesome.
Jump to top ExclusiveAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, May-03-2017, 11:52:12 PM   #154
tripitz

United States

What is the process for acquiring one of these kits? I'm a few weeks away from needing it.

Does running the splitter in the front without an offsetting spoiler change the aero on the car negatively?
Jump to top tripitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, May-04-2017, 12:49:34 AM   #155
propchef
Toodle-oo Motherf**kers

In the garage:

United States

Quote:

WTB: OE rear wing for a sedan. Estoril preferred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllwaysLow View Post
x2 and some Chicago style pizza
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Dom View Post
He's suffered enough.
Jump to top propchef is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-16-2017, 05:48:24 AM   #156
Braymond141

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripitz View Post
What is the process for acquiring one of these kits? I'm a few weeks away from needing it.

Does running the splitter in the front without an offsetting spoiler change the aero on the car negatively?
The strut kits are available now, but yes you should run rear aero (or front aero with rear) per BMW's recommendations. That recent Nurburgring record setting E36 is running a high rise GT wing with only the front splitters on though.

Here is the finalized fitment of the GT tray mounted to the Motion Motorsports panel. For now I've decided not to add the ability to slide the tray as it significantly reduces the underpanel strength and making it stronger the right way just puts you into OE bracket territory. You can however setup different positions to install the tray which are very easy to adjust if you use the rivnut mounting method.

And for news on the wickers. There is none. We're exactly one year into that project as of today and still nothing. I'm still pushing them though.
Old Sat, May-20-2017, 07:59:48 PM   #157
Braymond141

United States

And finally some wicker updates...

A newborn gurney flap

They fixed the bulging issue, but the machinist somehow decided to make one dimension larger (I do not know why). A third die has to be made, however I kind of like the thick version and will getting a small batch done. It actually looks really good. Material is SPOT on and acts just like the OEM part. No wavy China rubber here!

110cm length on the bottom of a GT2 wing.

Same 110cm on the top of the GT2 wing

Playing with the idea of making the thicker variant into a factory spoiler option. Needs the length chopped and the edges profiled for a better fit.

Last edited by Braymond141; Sat, May-20-2017 at 10:06:23 PM.
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 11:48:06 AM   #158
twentyseven
I probably hate your car

United States

Looking good Brett!

Quote:
Originally Posted by propchef View Post

WTB: OE rear wing for a sedan. Estoril preferred.
I have a high-arch Estoril wing (coupe) i'll part with.. should work on sedan.

'99 Estoril Blue + Dove Grey ///M3 coupe
Technique Tuning Stage 1 Turbo, TCK DA, Rallyroad Brembo BBK, Recaro SRD, ZF 6spd, BMW Traffic Pro 4771, ZKW FX-R
Jump to top twentyseven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 01:38:59 PM   #159
Bimma360

United States

Quote:
Playing with the idea of making the thicker variant into a factory spoiler option. Needs the length chopped and the edges profiled for a better fit.
I have actually been trying to think how it would look on a factory high arch spoiler. I don't know about anyone else, but for my purposes I would rather install it with the shorter edge up. I am not sure if that would make a difference for you design wise.

Jump to top Bimma360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-22-2017, 04:41:56 PM   #160
Braymond141

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimma360 View Post
I have actually been trying to think how it would look on a factory high arch spoiler. I don't know about anyone else, but for my purposes I would rather install it with the shorter edge up. I am not sure if that would make a difference for you design wise.
My brother's Artic has a high arch I can play around with that. I'll demonstrate all the edges soon.