BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Jul-09-2018, 11:53:58 AM   #41
stash1

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: SGT CSL Bumper What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieE46M3 View Post
Saw this on Facebook to. A local guy bought one of their bumpers with dual holes and received a single hole bumper after a long weight. Supposedly they sent him another funnel fitting and told him to cut a hole and fit himself if he wants two holes.

Any feedback on their 1-piece carbon lip spoilers? Fitment decent? I was about to buy an unused SGT one from a club member here in Aus. Could I buy the exact same part for less off Ebay?

would also be curious to see the painted rear diffusers mentioned if anyone has a link to the Ebay add?

If you're looking for a quality 1 pc front spoiler, I would hit up Dee514 in this thread!

CSL OE Bumper Carbon Fiber bits

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...3&share_type=t

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Jul-09-2018, 12:15:58 PM   #42
BMWjunkie11
That guy

In the garage:

United States

It's really a shame that SGT quality has gone down. I've emailed Mike and messaged him on here several times regarding questions on a part with no response. I bought the Scorza mold FRP trunk back in 2014 from them, response was great, turn around time was just over a month from order to delivery and as you can see the fitment is pretty spot on, I had to make nearly no adjustment. Shame to see them stop caring.

2002 Jet Black/Grey ///M3

Full Supersprint Race Exhaust l PSDesigns Velocity Stack Kit l TMS Pulleys l TTFS Custom Alpha-N Tune l Work Brombachers

"Bags are for dead hookers"

Jump to top BMWjunkie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-09-2018, 12:16:51 PM   #43
bigjae1976

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo M View Post
Because members love to hype up new ďpotentialĒ producers for our cars. Then other members follow blindly and give biased innacurate reviews to justify their purchase. Proper csl bumper looks better than the more bubbly oem bumper imo. New csl bumpers are selling for $4.5k, if you can even find one, no thanks.

Thatís why I bought my Sgt bumper/parts years back, all positive reviews and hype from other members (to be fair my Sgt bumper isnít bad at all). Nowadays I take into account whoís giving the review more than the actual review itself.

True. I remember Vorsteiner was the rage. Every part is saw had some flaw in it that was easy to spot. I remember Euro Spec...I liked them because they were clear on what you were getting.

I now have a VIS Racing CF hood (donít judge...donít ask why) and it was heavier than the OE aluminum hood. I took a grinder to it to install my N15 hood vents and itís clearly an 1/8Ē thick layer of FG with 1-2 layers of CF on top. Itís a top and bottom half which is bonded together...no wonder itís so heavy!

Itís a track car so Iíve lightened the underside and gotten the weight under the OE hood. Still have some more grinding to do.

Besides the hideous exposed CF look, figment is...well it bolts up to the hinges. I would never, ever, ever, ever put this on my daily.

I think of CF and other aftermarket parts like the movie Multiplicity. The first couple are good copies and then it gets progressively worse as time goes on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jump to top bigjae1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-09-2018, 11:53:51 PM   #44
Maxima SE
445 FTW

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
Unfortunately I agree. I currently have a Vorsteiner CSL Bootlid. I sold my OE bootlid for it since it was already painted in OG and it was much lighter. Honestly, for having such a high reputation on here (I can only assume this is from nostalgia, from a time where the market was fresh and early and now they are nolonger produced) mine (which I was told was the last one they made, but can't confirm) is 85-90% at best in terms of replicating the original. Honestly. It's leagues better than the SGT SCRZA bootlid I reviewed, but even the Vorsteiner is not exact or nearly as perfect as OE. If I am being honest, I don't even think it's entirely made from CF, even though it's marketed as CF. I think likely its a sandwich of fiberglass and an exterior carbon fiber laminate (based on how it looks internally, looking where the wiring cutouts are. It just doesn't seem as stiff as what you would expect from a thick proper carbon fiber layup. My race shop thought it was a cheap fiber glass bootlid (I think they still think it is lol *que embarrassment* when he mentioned it.). Flat out said "that fiberglass trunk you have is way too flimsy for real downforce on the track." ("Fiberglass!?!?!?! No sir, this is a Vorsteiner 1x1 Carbon Fiber bootlid" *face-flushed red from embarrassment*. Yet, around here other than OE, Vorsteiner is revered as the "best". I'll have to take a video of what I am talking about. Honestly, it could be made much better in both carbon quality and fitment. There is no reason a carbon fiber bootlid should be "flimsy" it should be built to be just as stiff as it's steel or aluminum counterpart. If it wasn't for the fact that this was pre-painted and I made money on my OE bootlid selling locally, I would have kept the OE bootlid. Eventually this will get replaced, but it's a bit lower on my list of priorities (I irrationally rationalize it as "lightweight" for the time being lol)...

...And alas I still own it.

My Vorsteiner doesn't fit this well (just being honest):
(After installation):

you didnt install it correctly. it sits way too low. the bottom edge of the inner lights are 2-3 mm higher than the outers. and once you get it to sit here, the edges of the trunk are slightly lower than the quarter panel.

I have an OEM CSL trunk and even that took me 6 hours or more to adjust and it is still not perfect. I had to align it countless times and compare it to HD pictures of actual OE CSL rear ends to figure out. mine kinda looks perfect to a random person but I could show you many areas that still do not line up.

I ultimately concluded that the latches might be worn out and not as stiff and therefore it doesnt sit perfect and gets pulled to one side.

pay attention to the bottom edge of the acutal inner lights.. its higher than the outer
the crease that goes across lines up perfectly with the top edge of the clear outers
the edge of the trunk is slightly lower than the quarter panel. this is what you need to aim for. yours is sitting way too low !

Last edited by Maxima SE; Mon, Jul-09-2018 at 11:59:36 PM.
Jump to top Maxima SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-10-2018, 12:08:36 AM   #45
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxima SE View Post
you didn't install it correctly. LOL, I didn't install this bootlid nor do I own it. These were the pictures that were sent to me by a happy costumer. it sits way too low. the bottom edge of the inner lights are 2-3 mm higher than the outers. and once you get it to sit here, the inner edges of the trunk are slightly lower than the quarter panel.

I have an OEM CSL trunk and even that took me 6 hours or more to adjust and it is still not perfect. I had to align it countless times and compare it to HD pictures of actual OE CSL rear ends to figure out. mine kinda looks perfect to a random person but I could show you many areas that still do not line up.

I ultimately concluded that the latches might be worn out and not as stiff and therefore it doesnt sit perfect and gets pulled to one side.

See red.

pay attention to the bottom edge of the acutal inner lights.. its higher than the outer
the crease that goes across lines up perfectly with the top edge of the clear outers
the edge of the trunk is slightly lower than the quarter panel. this is what you need to aim for. Yours is sitting way too low ! This isn't my bootlid mate. Just a customer that sent me the pictures. I can assure you, that unfortunately my car has a Vorsteiner bootlid and it fits even worse. When I have time and when the weather allows for me to detail my car, I will take a detailed video and pictures of my personal (Vorsteiner) bootlid. If it wasn't for the fact that it came pre-painted, was lighter than the original, and if it wasn't for the fact I was offered more money than I paid for my OE CSL bootlid, I would have kept my OE bootlid instead of the Vorsteiner. Honestly, we can split hairs to infinity, even with an OE bootlid. I've had 2 or 3 OE Bootlids in my hands, personally. I am convinced there is no such thing as "perfect" fitment, only as good as you're willing to spend time fitting it. There will always be one guy to say "you're a couple thousands of a meter off." depending on where you are looking.
See red ^

Mods: Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, .
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jul-13-2018, 03:43:50 AM   #46
Status Gruppe Manufacturing
M3Forum Sponsor

Reputation: 0 Status Gruppe Manufacturing is on a distinguished road

United States

Hey guys wanted to jump in to finally clear this up.
1. You cannot buy this bumper from air or anyone else. The links posted are very old.
2. This was originally a AIT product and they make it exclusively for use. We have spent a ton of time and money to make it fit and are continually updating and refining it.
3. We sent the customer who started all this a picture of our invoice to show we pay over $465 for this bumper shipped. Yes we sell them for more that is how business works.

I also want you guys to know we are still making new products and have redesigned some to be a better product. Our quality has never suffered and won’t. We are also working with better factory to start getting our lead times down and even lower prices.
There is a lot of other products out there that may look similar but our products are all pre-fit or fully made in the USA and we will actually help if you have issues.
Needed to get that off my chest. We have gotten a little lost and are definitely not who we were when we started in this market and but I promise we will be be better than before really soon.
Mike Migs
Owner Status Gruppe

Mike Migs
Status Gruppe Manufacturing INC.
7636 Miramar Rd, Suite 1100
San Diego, CA 92126
Phone. #619-887-6006
Email | Paypal Info@statusgruppe.com
Website.StatusGruppe.com
Like us on Facebook!
Instagram
Jump to top Status Gruppe Manufacturing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Jul-13-2018, 04:48:44 AM   #47
JuicyM3
Popopopop

In the garage:

Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Gruppe Manufacturing View Post
Hey guys wanted to jump in to finally clear this up.
1. You cannot buy this bumper from air or anyone else. The links posted are very old.
2. This was originally a AIT product and they make it exclusively for use. We have spent a ton of time and money to make it fit and are continually updating and refining it.
3. We sent the customer who started all this a picture of our invoice to show we pay over $465 for this bumper shipped. Yes we sell them for more that is how business works.

I also want you guys to know we are still making new products and have redesigned some to be a better product. Our quality has never suffered and wonít. We are also working with better factory to start getting our lead times down and even lower prices.
There is a lot of other products out there that may look similar but our products are all pre-fit or fully made in the USA and we will actually help if you have issues.
Needed to get that off my chest. We have gotten a little lost and are definitely not who we were when we started in this market and but I promise we will be be better than before really soon.
Mike Migs
Owner Status Gruppe
I'm still happy with my prepreg diffuser and RHD CSL center console (Who no one else makes btw) To be honest if you guys didn't offer the RHD CSL console I wouldn't have bought another M3...
Old Fri, Jul-13-2018, 04:15:13 PM   #48
Jaredomin

In the garage:

United States

Jump to top Jaredomin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-15-2018, 01:04:47 AM   #49
RynoS54
wuuut wuuuuuut

United States

IMO....even that Gpower trunk is not “perfect”....I’d rather have the inner and outer lights and the duck bill line up than the horizontal line...it’s all about which parts you’re willing to put up with and luckily there is no standard