BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sun, Jul-08-2018, 05:37:47 PM   #31
Jaredomin

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: SGT CSL Bumper What?

Oe euro bumper>
Done
Jump to top Jaredomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, Jul-08-2018, 08:11:20 PM   #32
Maxima SE
445 FTW

United States

oh more bad reviews from Status Garbage Tuning..... what a surprise

Jump to top Maxima SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-08-2018, 09:02:51 PM   #33
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

No surprises here. Although the company they use is news to me, I've been saying this for a while now about SGT. Some people thought I was just a hater...

...But really, just look. Does this surprise you? The part that goes unseen really tells you a lot, doesn't it.
Their carbon bumper splitter looks to be made mostly of glass. Maybe a single exterior layer of the lowest grade carbon for the look? (I am not being 'hateful'...just look at the weave, or lack there of...look at the gaps in the weave). I would be curious to see if it conducts electricity. I suspect their is so much glass though that it won't conduct. Would be interesting to test and I would think, relatively easy if you could expose a piece of what ever the exterior filament is.
You're paying for "Status". It's all about "looking" the part.

For comparison, this is what one would hope to see when looking at the side that goes unseen:

Anyone have a broken splitter with the internal fabric exposed? Would be interesting to put a volt meter to it.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Supersprint LW Race Muffler, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Sun, Jul-08-2018 at 09:29:26 PM.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-08-2018, 10:21:26 PM   #34
Jaredomin

In the garage:

United States

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top Jaredomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-08-2018, 11:29:01 PM   #35
///M Dream
Real Madrid C.F.

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaredomin View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right below Leighton's comment.

Current: 2006 Interlagos Blue ZCP ///M3
Past: F80 M3. E46 330i ZHP. B8 S4. E92 M3. E46 M3.
Jump to top ///M Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-08-2018, 11:36:22 PM   #36
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Dream View Post

Right below Leighton's comment.
Do you think that was a coincidence?

This guy brings a lot of value to the forums. I'd invite you to check out his contributions. Lot's of good stuff.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Supersprint LW Race Muffler, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, ...and more to come!
Old Sun, Jul-08-2018, 11:54:15 PM   #37
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Props to Streamline for making their own shit...

·Evolve-R Alpha N · Evolve CSL CF Airbox · Eventuri Scoop · Supersprint V1 stepped 63mm · SS V1 S pipe 63mm + 200 cell HFC · OE sect 2 60mm · SS Sport 60mm
·Besian · RE pullies/fan delete · WPC rod bearings · GroundControl S/A (Koni/Eibach 440/525) + tall RSMs · TMS Camber & Subframe plates · SPC Adj alloy rear camber arms
·RE Trans Mounts · AKG poly SUB/DIFF 95a · SDW RTAB · Weighted ///M knob + UUC DSSR + delrin carrier bush · OE CSL trunk · APEX 75mm Studs
·Sportline 8S 18"x8.5/9.5" · MPSS 245/275 · Brembo 996 36/40 345mm CSL Textar FF & 28/30 328mm CSL ATE "D738" FF · CM brackets & ss/teflon lines
·Pioneer DEH-80PRS · Eclipse PA5422 · CDT HD-6 + WS-100i · CDT EX-530 · 8" Kicker

DD/Beater: 1999 Civic LX - Kenwood x998 · PPI 1600.4 · CDT HD-6 + HD-100 · CDT EX-530 · DVC 10"
Jump to top TboneM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-09-2018, 01:13:53 AM   #38
djjvr
OEM+

In the garage:

Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by jickel180 View Post
^^Their trunk fitment (at least in my case) is great. For the front bumper, it seems like OEM or a used Vorsteiner may be your best hope.
OEM or go home.

Vorsteiner was no different. Maybe not made by the exact same company, but it's a California company, pretending to be German, selling Chinese/Taiwanese parts. It's all about that marketing game.

Build Journal Instagram
Jump to top djjvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-09-2018, 01:26:15 AM   #39
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjvr View Post
OEM or go home.

Vorsteiner was no different. Maybe not made by the exact same company, but it's a California company, pretending to be German, selling Chinese/Taiwanese parts. It's all about that marketing game.
Unfortunately I agree. I currently have a Vorsteiner CSL Bootlid. I sold my OE bootlid for it since it was already painted in OG and it was much lighter. Honestly, for having such a high reputation on here (I can only assume this is from nostalgia, from a time where the market was fresh and early and now they are nolonger produced) mine (which I was told was the last one they made, but can't confirm) is 85-90% at best in terms of replicating the original. Honestly. It's leagues better than the SGT SCRZA bootlid I reviewed, but even the Vorsteiner is not exact or nearly as perfect as OE. If I am being honest, I don't even think it's entirely made from CF, even though it's marketed as CF. I think likely its a sandwich of fiberglass and an exterior carbon fiber laminate (based on how it looks internally, looking where the wiring cutouts are. It just doesn't seem as stiff as what you would expect from a thick proper carbon fiber layup. My race shop thought it was a cheap fiber glass bootlid (I think they still think it is lol *que embarrassment* when he mentioned it.). Flat out said "that fiberglass trunk you have is way too flimsy for real downforce on the track." ("Fiberglass!?!?!?! No sir, this is a Vorsteiner 1x1 Carbon Fiber bootlid" *face-flushed red from embarrassment*. Yet, around here other than OE, Vorsteiner is revered as the "best". I'll have to take a video of what I am talking about. Honestly, it could be made much better in both carbon quality and fitment. There is no reason a carbon fiber bootlid should be "flimsy" it should be built to be just as stiff as it's steel or aluminum counterpart. If it wasn't for the fact that this was pre-painted and I made money on my OE bootlid selling locally, I would have kept the OE bootlid. Eventually this will get replaced, but it's a bit lower on my list of priorities (I irrationally rationalize it as "lightweight" for the time being lol)...

...And alas I still own it.

My Vorsteiner doesn't fit this well (just being honest):
(After installation):

(During installation):

Sometimes you just have to stick with OE, ya' know!?

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Mon, Jul-09-2018 at 01:57:01 AM.
Old Mon, Jul-09-2018, 02:43:08 AM   #40
AussieE46M3

In the garage:

Australia

Saw this on Facebook to. A local guy bought one of their bumpers with dual holes and received a single hole bumper after a long wait. Supposedly they sent him another funnel fitting and told him to cut a hole and fit himself if he wants two holes.

Any feedback on their 1-piece carbon lip spoilers? Fitment decent? I was about to buy an unused SGT one from a club member here in Aus. Could I buy the exact same part for less off Ebay?

would also be curious to see the painted rear diffusers mentioned if anyone has a link to the Ebay add?

Last edited by AussieE46M3; Sun, Jul-15-2018 at 11:01:07 PM.
Jump to top AussieE46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote