BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Thu, Mar-15-2018, 01:42:36 PM   #41
PerkM3

United States

Default Re: Joe's 2003 Steel Gray/Cinnamon Journal

Awesome color combo and sweet on track shots.
Old Thu, Mar-15-2018, 02:28:01 PM   #42
EYEHAVEYOU
Simon

In the garage:

United States

Makes me happy to see an E46 M3 getting the love & maintenance it deserves! I have a similar spreadsheet to yours, seeing the totals is kind of scary. I don't have the "modification" vs. "preventative maintenance" column on mine though, may have to steal that idea from you.

You'll love the PFC08s, I used them on my last car - prefer them over the RS29s I have now.

2006 M3 ZCP 6MT - Interlagos Blue /// Imola Red
2005 M3 ZCP 6MT - Alpine White /// Imola Red (Gone)
Jump to top EYEHAVEYOU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Mar-15-2018, 08:11:46 PM   #43
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkM3 View Post
Awesome color combo and sweet on track shots.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYEHAVEYOU View Post
Makes me happy to see an E46 M3 getting the love & maintenance it deserves! I have a similar spreadsheet to yours, seeing the totals is kind of scary. I don't have the "modification" vs. "preventative maintenance" column on mine though, may have to steal that idea from you.

You'll love the PFC08s, I used them on my last car - prefer them over the RS29s I have now.
Go for it! Heading into this car, I had every intention to keep it for long term so my mindset was maintenance > modification.

I already can feel the stronger bite. What threw me off is how little the initial bite is. I almost want to say, my street pad has a much more aggressive initial bite, but perhaps itís because theyíre cold. Regardless, Iím super stoked to try them this weekend.

Small update v2
I updated my second post with all my maintenance log so I can keep track and if other people want to follow what I did, they can also see it as a reference point.
Old Wed, Mar-21-2018, 08:29:56 PM   #44
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Big decisions to make coming up. Potentially trying to sell my cinnamon interior, someone offered 2300 + shipping for it. Might look into getting the new Recaro Sportster GT and a bolt in cage like a Kirk bar or something around there. Trying to decide what to do. This interior is so clean, but being a serious double duty car does make me get a quarter chub.

I also found a local shop that will do a full 6spd swap for really cheap. Contemplating pulling the trigger on that as well.

If anyone can give me insight/ideas on either of these options, much appreciated

Also recently purchased my cooling system overhaul. I'm so glad I work at BMW and can get these kinds of discounts

Old Thu, Mar-22-2018, 12:43:39 AM   #45
maksezzy

United States

I've heard those sporster seats are really nice and comfortable but don't really hold you in, in terms of using for the track. That's an awesome price to sell the Cinnamon at. I sold mine off my silver car for $2100, but i would be regretting it if my steel grey didn't come with imola. I'd keep it and get some bucket seats.

How much was the quote for manual swap? I just finished doing mine this weekend, If you're willing to have a Notchy direct shifter like an RTD or CAE, there's a way for you to save a lot of money and I can recommend someone to do the job that is local.
Jump to top maksezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Mar-22-2018, 02:04:57 AM   #46
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by maksezzy View Post
I've heard those sporster seats are really nice and comfortable but don't really hold you in, in terms of using for the track. That's an awesome price to sell the Cinnamon at. I sold mine off my silver car for $2100, but i would be regretting it if my steel grey didn't come with imola. I'd keep it and get some bucket seats.

How much was the quote for manual swap? I just finished doing mine this weekend, If you're willing to have a Notchy direct shifter like an RTD or CAE, there's a way for you to save a lot of money and I can recommend someone to do the job that is local.
I would end up running harnesses if I decided to sell.

The shop quoted me 3300 for turn key. Sent PM
Old Sat, Mar-24-2018, 09:55:29 PM   #47
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

I saw the prices for Turn one Trophy-S' and I ended up pulling the trigger for two of them LOL. Gonna look to sell my Cinnamon interior now! In the market for bolt-in roll bars!
Old Tue, May-01-2018, 06:39:48 AM   #48
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Joe's Street/Track build thread

A lot has happened since the last update. The biggest decision was making my car more track oriented in order to successfully transition into a track/street car. I was able to sell my Cinnamon interior to a forum member in Houston.

All out and ready to go. The hardest part had to be taking out the rear headrests (those spring clips are a pain the ass).

Saying good bye

Then I bought Turn One Trophy-S seats from buildjournal's recommendation. They fit a little snug on me (5' 9 160lbs), but definitely a big improvement over stock seats. I also went with BK seat mounts so I was able to retain power seats How the interior looks now:

I also ended up buying DanAvon7's TCKline D/A's with upgrades for a price I couldn't pass up. For the suspension specs, check out my first post on the thread.

While I was there, I got some maintenance done.

Also sent an oil analysis to blackstone. So far so good.

Might as well get corner balancing done!

The weight is with driver and 3/4 tank. This is also on my 219 wheels + the back portion of rear seats still in. 1 gallon of fuel is 6.4lbs and the difference with 219s to my ARC8's is approx 21lbs and the back portion of the rear seat weighs in approximately 30lbs + subtract 160lbs for driver. This makes the total weight at 3260lbs at no driver and half a tank.

Some other stuff I did that I don't have pictures of is a set of wheels I picked up from a forum member ARC8 18x9F, 18x10R. I was also able to grab a set of NT05's 255/35 and 275/35. Which all tied into my first shakedown at Thunderhill (west configuration).

[/url]

Car did awesome and I was able to set a new PB with all the changes. NT05's feel great and give a lot of feedback through the turns. I'm excited to try these out at different tracks.

Now I'm just waiting on the Kirk bar to come through. I already have a 6 point harness from Schroth sitting in my room. I also will be throwing on black grills to compliment my new wheels

Last edited by Kwakjoe; Tue, May-01-2018 at 06:43:13 AM.
Jump to top Kwakjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-01-2018, 01:07:56 PM   #49
CrookedCommie
Captain Slow

In the garage:

Bulgaria

Nice suspension that rear spring position looks familiar haha. Is that a sheet bearing in the front under the coil? I'm about to throw one in.
Jump to top CrookedCommie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, May-01-2018, 04:37:36 PM   #50
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedCommie View Post
Nice suspension that rear spring position looks familiar haha. Is that a sheet bearing in the front under the coil? I'm about to throw one in.
I wish I had enough tolerance to run your spring rates. Yup! Swift spring sheets.