BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, May-22-2010, 08:49:40 PM   #11
M3 It Is

United States

running RE 15/10 with 235/265 no issues
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Apr-27-2011, 08:49:11 PM   #12
2mchpwr

United States

Default Re: Quick question about ZCP and spacers

some udpated info on my setup.
OEM ZCP wheels (245 front and 265 rear) on eibachs.
I put 12mm spacers all around.
The fronts are still sunk in; I would recommend 15's.
The rears were rubbing; I would recommend 10's.
Jump to top 2mchpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-27-2011, 09:45:45 PM   #13
nnacpil
Filet-peno

Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mchpwr View Post
some udpated info on my setup.
OEM ZCP wheels (245 front and 265 rear) on eibachs.
I put 12mm spacers all around.
The fronts are still sunk in; I would recommend 15's.
The rears were rubbing; I would recommend 10's.
I've been wondering about this since I plan to buy OEM ZCP wheels and lower with Kw V2. I plan to run 245/275 tires. So 15f and 10r would be perfect flush and no rubbing?

2006 BMW lllM3 SilverGrayMetallic/Cinnamon/OEM 19"
llHPF Stage 2 w/6766 and Open Dump
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!
Jump to top nnacpil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-27-2011, 10:29:08 PM   #14
Cleveland
///M POWERED

Reputation: 0 Cleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland Porsha

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnacpil View Post
I've been wondering about this since I plan to buy OEM ZCP wheels and lower with Kw V2. I plan to run 245/275 tires. So 15f and 10r would be perfect flush and no rubbing?
Should work...

But keep in mind that manufacturing tolerances on any mass produced vehicle, will allow fender clearances of a few mm either way. (tight or loose)

The closer your wheel tire setup gets the fender the more uncertain you can be whether or not it will fit any particular car. Been burned on that at the wheel shop more times than you can imagine. Fender clearances vary from car to car. There is no such thing as a guaranteed aggressive wheel & tire fitment these days.

As soon as you think you have it all figured out...an irate guy (who listened to your advice about spacers) pulls up at the shop and cusses you out...because his wheel tire combo is now rubbing on the fender!

There is no guarantee that a 10mm spacer in the rear will work 100% of the time.

No one (myself included) can guarantee that, because the fender clearances on each car will be just a little bit different, and you are lowering the car with coilovers. That's a game changer right there. (KW V2's)

The tire dimensions within a given sizing category can also run wider or narrower by 1/4" or more. The DOT doesn't force tire manufacturers to build a tire within a certain size category (275/30/19 for example) to some very strict set of measurable parameters. Tire manufacturers are pretty much allowed free reign to decided what measurable tire parameters that tire size will posses.

Any they all seem to have their own opinions, as to what that should be. (ask me how I know this)

Again, it should work, but no guarantees. If I were you, I'd have a backup set of 5mm spacers warming up in the bullpen. (just in case)

This is exactly why you never see OEM automotive manufacturers (like BMW) putting super wide, aggressively offset wheels, with huge over sized tires from the factory. Their complaint line would be lit up 24/7.

Just sayin...
True leaders are not those who strive to be first, but those who are first to strive and give their all for the success of the team. They can be identified by the clarity of their vision, the strength of their actions, and the integrity of their intent. A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, and the courage to make tough decisions. A true leader has compassion, and is willing to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but he becomes one by the confidence that he inspires in others. He commands the respect of his peers, and is humbled by the admiration of his followers. True leaders are first to see the need, envision the plan, and empower the team for action. By the strength of the leader's commitment, the power of the team is unleashed.
Jump to top Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-27-2011, 11:42:03 PM   #15
nnacpil
Filet-peno

Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland View Post
Should work...

But keep in mind that manufacturing tolerances on any mass produced vehicle, will allow fender clearances of a few mm either way. (tight or loose)

The closer your wheel tire setup gets the fender the more uncertain you can be whether or not it will fit any particular car. Been burned on that at the wheel shop more times than you can imagine. Fender clearances vary from car to car. There is no such thing as a guaranteed aggressive wheel & tire fitment these days.

As soon as you think you have it all figured out...an irate guy (who listened to your advice about spacers) pulls up at the shop and cusses you out...because his wheel tire combo is now rubbing on the fender!

There is no guarantee that a 10mm spacer in the rear will work 100% of the time.

No one (myself included) can guarantee that, because the fender clearances on each car will be just a little bit different, and you are lowering the car with coilovers. That's a game changer right there. (KW V2's)

The tire dimensions within a given sizing category can also run wider or narrower by 1/4" or more. The DOT doesn't force tire manufacturers to build a tire within a certain size category (275/30/19 for example) to some very strict set of measurable parameters. Tire manufacturers are pretty much allowed free reign to decided what measurable tire parameters that tire size will posses.

Any they all seem to have their own opinions, as to what that should be. (ask me how I know this)

Again, it should work, but no guarantees. If I were you, I'd have a backup set of 5mm spacers warming up in the bullpen. (just in case)

This is exactly why you never see OEM automotive manufacturers (like BMW) putting super wide, aggressively offset wheels, with huge over sized tires from the factory. Their complaint line would be lit up 24/7.

Just sayin...
Thanks for the input. I know the variations can be difficult with this setup. Tire size/brand, wheel offsets, spacers, etc.

It's been talked about since forever and it will never end unfortunately. There won't be an exact answer until you do trial and error but most ppl want to get it right the first time.

I bought 15f/12r spacers for my OEM 19" that I want to rock out before the ZCPs. I'm debating to put them on on stock suspension cause I think they won't look right without a drop. I am running stock size tires 225/255.

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!
Old Thu, Apr-28-2011, 05:23:19 AM   #16
Cal M3

In the garage:

United States

I was on stock suspension with 15mm front/10 mm rear macht snells with no problem. Running 275 in the rear. I am now lowered on KW V2s. Driving down for Mfest with rear passenger and gear in trunk, I was rubbing really bad. I will see if I could have the fenders rolled or switch to 5 mm rear spacers. The fronts have no issues and look great!

Old Thu, Apr-28-2011, 06:47:46 AM   #17
Jumbosock

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnacpil View Post
What you mentioned is the most aggressive I was able to do on stock suspension without any rubbing. Anything more and it rubbed. If you lower it all bets are off. As Cleveland mentioned it depends on your car but for me that left about 3mm clearance in the rear. The fronts I had CSLs so my wheel width is a bit different. 15mm is very popular. Don't get greedy on the tire sizes. Any bigger than what you mentioned and it WILL rub.
Old Thu, Apr-28-2011, 08:26:24 AM   #18
JClopes
Registered Loser

In the garage:

United States

I plan on getting spacers but what options are there besides stud conversion for wheel lock? Or am I the only one that parks outside.
Old Mon, May-16-2011, 03:53:02 AM   #19
bmwJohhnyD
user formerly known as bmwbob

United Nations

i have csl wheels... 8.5 front et 44 9.5 rear et 27

i put rs technik spacers 15mm up front
i put rs technik spacers 12mm up back

tires are ps2 fronts 235/35/19 no issues what so ever
rears are ps2 265/30/19 i didnt think i had rubbing but i saw some rub marks on the outside most part of the passenger rear tire..

i put my hand further up the wheel weld... and sure enough i couldnt even fit my fat fingers between the tire and the inner upper most part of the fender.. a slight roll will probably eliminate it altogether.. but i was thinking of going with a 275 30 19 on the rears.. but it aint happening with the 12mm spacers...

i thought i was good to go with the 12mm but i didnt flex the rear suspension enough when i test fitted it i guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineEcstasy View Post
You could make any wheel work with enough fender work, the right tire, and enough camber. Whether you are willing to go through that though is up to you. just say no to wheels that dont fit.

Last edited by bmwJohhnyD; Fri, Jun-17-2011 at 01:50:07 PM.
Jump to top bmwJohhnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-16-2011, 04:38:19 AM   #20
nnacpil
Filet-peno

Philippines

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwbob View Post
i have csl wheels... 8.5 front et 44 9.5 rear et 27

i put rs technik spacers 15mm up front
i put rs technik spacers 12mm up back

tires are ps2 fronts 235/35/19 no issues what so ever
rears are ps2 265/30/19 i didnt think i had rubbing but i saw some rub marks on the outside most part of the passenger wheel..

i put my hand further up the wheel weld... and sure enough i couldnt even fit my fat fingers between the tire and the inner upper most part of the fender.. a slight roll will probably eliminate it altogether.. but i was thinking of going with a 275 30 19 on the rears.. but it aint happening with the 12mm spacers...

i thought i was good to go with the 12mm but i didnt flex the rear suspension enough when i test fitted it i guess
What kind of suspension you running on?

You think 15mm up front will be alright and 10mm back since you are rubbing a little? I want to run 245/275

SOLD!!!!!!!!!!