BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Nov-11-2017, 03:58:14 PM   #1
maynard423

United States

Default Megan Racing Headers

Anyone know anything about these? Are they new? Just ran across them and curious. A friend of mine was thinking about the eBay route until I stumbled upon these. I would be helping with the install, so Iím inquiring about quality along with fit and finish for the price.

http://www.meganracing.com/product_d...d=2759&catid=8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by maynard423; Sun, Nov-12-2017 at 04:53:07 PM.
Jump to top maynard423 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Nov-11-2017, 06:40:01 PM   #2
icecream
Registered Apples

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Megan Racing Headers

Quote:
Originally Posted by maynard423 View Post
Anyone know anything about these? Are they new? Just ran across them and curious.

http://www.meganracing.com/product_d...d=2759&catid=8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmm. $300 and don't necessarily look like the eBay knockoffs, might be okay. Wonder where Megan stuff is made. Nice looking welds too.
Jump to top icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Nov-11-2017, 07:32:27 PM   #3
erickrayos

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecream View Post
Hmm. $300 and don't necessarily look like the eBay knockoffs, might be okay. Wonder where Megan stuff is made. Nice looking welds too.
I got Megan exhaust (Muffler) and it sounds great, and so far after owning it for about a year no issue of any corrosion so it really is stainless steel. Manzo from what I've heard was bought out by Megan. I ended up buying ebay headers "Manzo" and haven't tried fitting them, since I can weld if it ever was off I can cut and reweld it myself.

My experience with Megan, I had it installed by a muffler shop and they have said that the muffler was the best fitting aftermarket muffler he had experienced with a BMW so far, everything lined up almost perfectly and he only needed to adjust a little bit to make the tips line up good with the diffuser.

I say these should be great alternative. if you don't wanna spend 1k for a headers but don't wanna gamble on Manzo headers out there that seems to be 1 of 3 won't fit right this should work.

And I like the price, its in that middle part where the ebay manzo headers and the cheapest euro headers would cost, well not really its still in the cheap side.
Jump to top erickrayos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Nov-11-2017, 08:14:34 PM   #4
icecream
Registered Apples

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by erickrayos View Post
I got Megan exhaust (Muffler) and it sounds great, and so far after owning it for about a year no issue of any corrosion so it really is stainless steel. Manzo from what I've heard was bought out by Megan. I ended up buying ebay headers "Manzo" and haven't tried fitting them, since I can weld if it ever was off I can cut and reweld it myself.

My experience with Megan, I had it installed by a muffler shop and they have said that the muffler was the best fitting aftermarket muffler he had experienced with a BMW so far, everything lined up almost perfectly and he only needed to adjust a little bit to make the tips line up good with the diffuser.

I say these should be great alternative. if you don't wanna spend 1k for a headers but don't wanna gamble on Manzo headers out there that seems to be 1 of 3 won't fit right this should work.

And I like the price, its in that middle part where the ebay manzo headers and the cheapest euro headers would cost, well not really its still in the cheap side.
Good feedback on fitment, may be promising for these. Any idea where they are made? I may sell my ceramic me3n ones and pick these up just to see the gains.
Jump to top icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Nov-11-2017, 08:29:46 PM   #5
erickrayos

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecream View Post
Good feedback on fitment, may be promising for these. Any idea where they are made? I may sell my ceramic me3n ones and pick these up just to see the gains.
Not sure "where" they are made but the quality of the welds are great and the material is good. fitment is great and looks sexy (although muffler wise you really can't see the whole thing LOL) and the muffler is really light. most likely half the weight of my previous AC schnitzer (or however it is spelled) muffler.
Jump to top erickrayos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Nov-11-2017, 08:56:33 PM   #6
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

If u can source euro headers go for euro.
Modified stock airbox,afe plastic intake elbow Afe prodry drop in, electric fan conversion,SSV2 catless headers, custom 2.5" dual sec1, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3,tms pulleys,Cat Cams 280 272, custom dyno tune, csl box pending
348.4 whp 283.5 wtq
Jump to top HassanEido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Nov-11-2017, 09:17:38 PM   #7
Paulo M

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanEido View Post
If u can source euro headers go for euro.
You can find euro headers for not much more. Pretty easy to find online or even craigslist. At least with these you wonít have to ask/wonder if itíll fit ok.
Old Sat, Nov-11-2017, 09:32:20 PM   #8
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Let me know if you ever pull the trigger on this. I'm curious how it turns out.

2003 BMW M3 Steel Gray/Cinnamon - Current
2011 BMW 328i E92 Tasman Green/Oyster - For Sale
Jump to top Kwakjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Nov-11-2017, 10:00:44 PM   #9
kippers4brkfast

In the garage:

United States

Cheap headers would worry me but for $300 its almost worth the risk. Its just a lot of work to swap them in and out so if they turn out to be a bust it sucks. I feel like getting cheaper parts from the header back isn't a big deal but the headers are much more of a pain. Then again they could be great so who knows.
Old Sat, Nov-11-2017, 10:02:27 PM   #10
95bullet

Canada

These appear to be copys of the active autowerks headers. Might be a good budget solution if fitment isn’t too bad.