BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Tue, Nov-14-2017, 05:30:07 PM   #401
Dferreira

United States

Default Re: Streamline & Dr M3an M3's CSL Airbox Development Journal Collaboration

I don't think people care much about the CSL flap. In my opinion I think people would be much more interested in something that rams the air directly into the manifold via either a CSL front bumper or maybe something that is more GTR style.
Jump to top Dferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Nov-14-2017, 06:32:27 PM   #402
deejayILLusive
SubliM3 Driver

United States

Default Re: Streamline & Dr M3an M3's CSL Airbox Development Journal Collaboration

Mega. I'll be keeping an eye out for final build details and pricing. I currently have the Dinan airbox right now but have always wanted to go with something "prettier" and more effective.
Jump to top deejayILLusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Nov-14-2017, 06:43:17 PM   #403
kippers4brkfast

In the garage:

United States

Really interested to see where this goes, the M3 engine bay is already good looking but with a CSL style airbox its incredible looking.
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 05:56:38 AM   #404
jchan112

United States

Count me in on the GB! Was just about to pull the trigger on eventuri + tune on Black Friday sale until I saw this
Jump to top jchan112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 12:49:04 PM   #405
Bubblegunz

Bulgaria

Hi Guyz,

Small update here, no flashy pics or anything, but still improtant I believe.

The set date for the first Carbon prototypes to come out is 15-17th of December. We will show pics of them therallly.... After NY we will reserve the dyno that we have tested our car on so far and do the testing.

You guys will get a comparison from:

Fully Stock EURO Car

ALPHA-N OEM STYLE CSL BOX

UNTUNED ALPHA-N TEST BOX 1 - LONGEST TRUMPETS

TUNED TEST BOX 1

(as the car will be tuned for TB 1 there is no reason to show untuned versions with the ones that follow)

TUNED TEST BOX 2 - SHORTER TRUMPETS

TUNED TEST BOX 3 - SHORTEST TRUMPETS

All dyno graphs will be shown with corrected and uncorrected figures.

Every following graph will be shown on top of the previous, so you guys can see the changes in the torque/hp curve.

We will try to be as theral and transparent as possible, so that you guys can basically know exactly wat to expect.

For the guys that are not as intrigued by the small plausible HP gain, we might open a poll for the GB before the tests or the actual GB if there is enough demand, a.k.a sometime in December when we can show you pictures of the final product. The final price looks to be even lower then expected, we are hoping with the GB discount the price to be arround the 12xx mark for just the box although I can't promise for sure yet!

As I said - a full kit will be availiable from us, as we are official partners of Daru-Car (the bmw dealer) in Bulgaria. So a plug and play kit will be fully availiable from us, including an OEM Snorkel (which includes the flap as well). When buying the full kits, you guys are getting a discounted price on the BMW items as well!

The Airbox is almost finished. A couple of points we are currently adressing:

- Aesthetics. We are changing some of the edges on the box, smoothening out other edges, to make every detail on the item simply - perfect...

- Fittings. Basically every plug-in and fitting is being designed so that every sensor/adapter etc. fits 100% tight as it should on such a premium item.

- Materiality. We are also still deciding on the materiality for a couple of things, such as the TEMP sensor plug, other plugs and other details. This is connected to aesthetics and functionallity as well.

This is the update for now, I will have some more interesting pictures/videos development process stuff soon! I know many of you are waiting on this item - so are we! We are almost there!

I wish you guys an awesome rest of the week, and expect more updates soon. Thank you for the support!

- Antony

Last edited by Bubblegunz; Wed, Nov-22-2017 at 01:15:09 PM.
Jump to top Bubblegunz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 03:33:17 PM   #406
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Awesome! I'm excited
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 04:59:20 PM   #407
Brian N
wubalubadubdub

In the garage:

United States

Sounds good!

What about a tuned “oem csl style box” dyno to compare to the rest while your at it? Also do you know who is doing the tuning at this time? I don’t know if possible but having someone independent like Paul on here that has experience with tuning boxes would really make the results credible. I think he is in the UK though, but seems to be a very talented guy and has no skin in the game to influence the results. (Not saying that you would at all.)

-My Journal-
Jump to top Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 05:32:01 PM   #408
Bubblegunz

Bulgaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian N View Post
Sounds good!

What about a tuned “oem csl style box” dyno to compare to the rest while your at it? Also do you know who is doing the tuning at this time? I don’t know if possible but having someone independent like Paul on here that has experience with tuning boxes would really make the results credible. I think he is in the UK though, but seems to be a very talented guy and has no skin in the game to influence the results. (Not saying that you would at all.)
We are using a separate tuner - KBD Remap. He is not related to us in any way, but he is the best current tuner for BMW's in Bulgaria (at least regarded as such). The same guy got 305 whp from a pheonix yellow m3 with a Karbonius box, no cats, CSL camshafts and a SS backbox. Our car for reference gave 270 whp on the same dyno, and the OEM CSL 291. We will compare our results the PY car as well as the standard OEM CSL which was tuned on the same dyno.. I will need permision from the owners to obtain the graphs, but as both of them I know, we might be able to post their graphs as well. This way you have many other references, before we have evan began tuning... that means we cannot make claims.

Also please realise that as we are posting overlayed graphs as well, and we cannot apply corrections to one graph, and not to the other. If we decide to do dodgy things, it will probably show... But we wount . And since we have the std car with std tune already as a reference and an OEM CSL as another, tuning the OEM STYLE BOX badly, will not be an option either... since it has to add at least 10 whp to be believable (on this dyno at least, as you see the numbers are pretty conservative as it is a Mustang one).

That means that the CSL Box used as a control will be Tuned (your first question), there is no way for it to not be... we do not have the OEM CSL Tune and even if we did, we do not have a MAP sensor and our car is pre-2003, so it will be a pseudo alfa-N, meaning, the base map will still be the most optimised possible version for the OEM STYLE CSL BOX, not off-the shelf tune. And we will compare the results of that to the OEM CSL as well just for an extra reference.

I hope this clarifies this .

We are planning to work with Paul, but not innitially... We cannot just send airboxes left and right and England is arround 4000 km away from Bulgaria, so it isn't close at all. Also this will probably result in 1 month delay at least if we decide to do that before the launch. We will be sending a box to him later on probably, once we figure it all out as I have spoken to him already. However he has his own schedjule and his own priorities, and as I said - we will need to figure it all out . With that said, I wouldn't dare to influence the results. There is no point in doing so anyway. The design either makes gains or it doesn't... in which case, it is still not an issue, as we will then have a great replica on the market

Best regards,
Antony

Last edited by Bubblegunz; Wed, Nov-22-2017 at 05:41:45 PM.
Jump to top Bubblegunz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 06:25:03 PM   #409
delvin
Water Champion

United States

This all sounds amazing! Guess I'll be working all the OT now lol
Jump to top delvin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 09:42:00 PM   #410
Brian N
wubalubadubdub

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblegunz View Post
We are using a separate tuner - KBD Remap. He is not related to us in any way, but he is the best current tuner for BMW's in Bulgaria (at least regarded as such). The same guy got 305 whp from a pheonix yellow m3 with a Karbonius box, no cats, CSL camshafts and a SS backbox. Our car for reference gave 270 whp on the same dyno, and the OEM CSL 291. We will compare our results the PY car as well as the standard OEM CSL which was tuned on the same dyno.. I will need permision from the owners to obtain the graphs, but as both of them I know, we might be able to post their graphs as well. This way you have many other references, before we have evan began tuning... that means we cannot make claims.

Also please realise that as we are posting overlayed graphs as well, and we cannot apply corrections to one graph, and not to the other. If we decide to do dodgy things, it will probably show... But we wount . And since we have the std car with std tune already as a reference and an OEM CSL as another, tuning the OEM STYLE BOX badly, will not be an option either... since it has to add at least 10 whp to be believable (on this dyno at least, as you see the numbers are pretty conservative as it is a Mustang one).

That means that the CSL Box used as a control will be Tuned (your first question), there is no way for it to not be... we do not have the OEM CSL Tune and even if we did, we do not have a MAP sensor and our car is pre-2003, so it will be a pseudo alfa-N, meaning, the base map will still be the most optimised possible version for the OEM STYLE CSL BOX, not off-the shelf tune. And we will compare the results of that to the OEM CSL as well just for an extra reference.

I hope this clarifies this .

We are planning to work with Paul, but not innitially... We cannot just send airboxes left and right and England is arround 4000 km away from Bulgaria, so it isn't close at all. Also this will probably result in 1 month delay at least if we decide to do that before the launch. We will be sending a box to him later on probably, once we figure it all out as I have spoken to him already. However he has his own schedjule and his own priorities, and as I said - we will need to figure it all out . With that said, I wouldn't dare to influence the results. There is no point in doing so anyway. The design either makes gains or it doesn't... in which case, it is still not an issue, as we will then have a great replica on the market

Best regards,
Antony
Sounds good Antony! Thanks for the response. Really looking forward to this and just want all the data possible. Then also no room for people to question the results.

Also really looking forward to you working with Paul. I know he is over in the UK and people want their boxes sooner than later. I highly value his opinion and excited to see what he says.

-My Journal-
Jump to top Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote