BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E30 M3 (1986-1991)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E30 M3 (1986-1991) {Euro 86-892.3L: 200hp @ 6750} {1990 2.3L Evo2/Cecotto/Ravaglia: 220/215/215hp @ 6750}
{1991 2.5L Sport Evo: 238 @ 7000} {US -- 88-91 2.3L: 196hp @ 6750, 170tq @ 4750}
Total produced: 5,280 US, ~13,300 Europe/world

Old Fri, Dec-23-2011, 03:59:53 PM   #41
chutrain

China

Default Re: $6k paint job gone wrong !!!!

I guess you were wrongly banned on R3V. And I guess this other customer is lying as well...

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=231083
Old Fri, Dec-23-2011, 05:57:05 PM   #42
white-hot
is lurking around the corner

In the garage:

United States

First off, as a former avid E30 owner I have read many posts over the years concerning Vlad, both good and bad. Regardless of what he might say here in this post and the other posts concerning this issue, driving a customers car to a car show is beyond explanation. His cavalier attitude towards this only lend credence to all the unsavory things I have read about him over the years. I also find it odd that he has such a bad attitude about this issue and towards his customers in general. The reason he does as much business as he has thus far is predominantly due to word of mouth on the forums. Not many body shops get people to ship car hundreds or thousands of miles to be worked on. I would suggest that his business will take a rather large and deserved hit due to this issue.

Secondly, I would say to the owner of the car that I find it sad that you would attribute your lack of desire to pursue this issue legally to “Gods Will” and to even quote scripture. I find this type blind religious adherence to be much of what is wrong with this world we live in. This type of thing strikes a personal cord with me, as my mother was also of this bent, and there was no talking reason to her. When she was diagnosed with cancer she stated that she would not be seeking treatment but would instead “trust God to heal her, if that was his will”. Well, sadly for myself and my family it would seem that “He” was not much interested. I would ask the owner of the M3 if he would also use the same illogic to agree with my mother that it is “not right” to allow a man to do what God would not. You have been wronged in a “worldly” way, and you should be made whole by the same means. God could not care less about your car.

As for Vlad, bad business soon leaves you with none, and I can only hope that he gets what he deserves. It is sad, as I have seen many fine examples that have come out of his shop.
Jump to top white-hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-23-2011, 06:05:04 PM   #43
MasterShake

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-hot View Post
Secondly, I would say to the owner of the car that I find it sad that you would attribute your lack of desire to pursue this issue legally to “Gods Will” and to even quote scripture. I find this type blind religious adherence to be much of what is wrong with this world we live in. This type of thing strikes a personal cord with me, as my mother was also of this bent, and there was no talking reason to her. When she was diagnosed with cancer she stated that she would not be seeking treatment but would instead “trust God to heal her, if that was his will”. Well, sadly for myself and my family it would seem that “He” was not much interested. I would ask the owner of the M3 if he would also use the same illogic to agree with my mother that it is “not right” to allow a man to do what God would not. You have been wronged in a “worldly” way, and you should be made whole by the same means. God could not care less about your car.
Condolences to you and your family.

You must understand that people deal with things differently, I agree that following religion blindly is not the best thing you can do, especially when it turns into extremism.

In this case however, I believe the owner is using his religion to help him accept reality, such is the case sometimes with people. It is sometimes much easier to face uncertain future with a forgiving and accepting attitude. While I myself would pursue legal action, I don't think the owner deserves the comments left here in this thread about his decision.

Obviously we can agree to disagree and argue about this all day, but that's not the point of this thread.

cheers
-shake
Jump to top MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-23-2011, 06:50:30 PM   #44
white-hot
is lurking around the corner

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Condolences to you and your family.

You must understand that people deal with things differently, I agree that following religion blindly is not the best thing you can do, especially when it turns into extremism.

In this case however, I believe the owner is using his religion to help him accept reality, such is the case sometimes with people. It is sometimes much easier to face uncertain future with a forgiving and accepting attitude. While I myself would pursue legal action, I don't think the owner deserves the comments left here in this thread about his decision.

Obviously we can agree to disagree and argue about this all day, but that's not the point of this thread.

cheers
-shake
Thank you for you sentiments, however I think it would be far more accurate to say that he is using religion to deny reality (as was my mother), but you may feel free to look at it any way that pleases you. I do agree that this thread and the others concerning this issue are not about his religion choices but about how he was taken advantage of with regards to his car.

And as to the issue of "deserves", since he has placed all this out in the public he should expect and in fact deserves to receive comment, either for or against his case. I am for his case against Vlad, but also against his choice of not handling it.

I will say this, the owner may not have much of a choice because since he has failed to put any of this in a legal pleading Vlad can, should he choose to, file a suit against him for libel. I guess it simply remains to be seen where this will all go.
Jump to top white-hot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-23-2011, 06:59:30 PM   #45
MasterShake

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by white-hot View Post
And as to the issue of "deserves", since he has placed all this out in the public he should expect and in fact deserves to receive comment, either for or against his case. I am for his case against Vlad, but also against his choice of not handling it.
You're right. I guess I only meant not in this thread, this is just my opinion and people are free to post whatever they want.

-shake
Jump to top MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-23-2011, 08:51:45 PM   #46
SteveTVM3
Techno Viking

In the garage:

Canada

I don't understand how a shop can give a car back to a customer in this condition and think they can get away with it. This is disgusting especially for the amount of money he paid and not to mention you ruined an E30 M3. I'm glad people like the OP bring this information forward because you look up to these people who are supposed to be meticulous in their work. I've seen Vlad's project cars and they looked good but when things like this happen it really makes you question their business strategy and respect for others.

E36 ///M3 S54
Jump to top SteveTVM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-24-2011, 09:54:21 AM   #47
teknoswede

In the garage:

United States

wtf, is that ish for real? he must have done that on pupose for some idiotic reason. How the fukc can someone do such crappy job?

Really hope the e30 m3 owner got his money back. There should be NO other option or exceptions!!!!

Power: EVOLVE, ROUGE ENGINEERING, AGENCY POWER
Suspension: KW, GROUND-CONTROL, TMS
OUTS: VOLK [SQUARED], DOWNFORCE USA, ÜMNITZA, SCORZA, VORSTEINER, STRASSENTECH
INS: AUTOPOWER, OMP HTE, VAC
Swag;-) MFEST, PLATTE FORME A.G.
Jump to top teknoswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-24-2011, 05:10:16 PM   #48
Bimmer 3

United States

this is a crazy ordeal!!!
Jump to top Bimmer 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-24-2011, 07:06:00 PM   #49
Schalldampfer1
///Mmmmmm8

In the garage:

United States

Makes me want to vomit. I remember back in the early 90's my dad had our car repainted and when we got it back the entire surface of the car was tacky like sandpaper. What a waste of money! I think he made the Earl Scheib mistake...

Schalldampfer1
1996 e36 M3 Coupe 5 Speed Cosmos Black over Black
Chitown ///M www.chitownm.com
BMW CCA Member #411543
Jump to top Schalldampfer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Dec-24-2011, 07:37:38 PM   #50
Watchcame36

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPowerdinNY View Post
Let's be honest here. The shipping company did not paint that car. They may not report simple small damage that is fixed on a common car. But they damaged the entire car so it needed a full new paint job? How does anyone even know the car at the car show is the same one? Owner should have flown in to see the final finish and make the last payment. That would have avoided all of this. Crappy situation.
I believe he paid up front. One cheque to his company and one to vlad himself. Surely you would normally pay after service had been rendered? Not like he was going to leave his car there and not pay?
Jump to top Watchcame36 is offline   Reply With Quote