BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Fri, Apr-19-2019, 10:06:47 PM   #11
IggyP

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Alpine Double Din Install

Yes Enfig has great stuff and reasonably priced. Only issue i have is that my aftermarket radio will not catch a good FM signal even with the antenna adapter.
Jump to top IggyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Apr-19-2019, 10:26:42 PM   #12
dothraki

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by IggyP View Post
Yes Enfig has great stuff and reasonably priced. Only issue i have is that my aftermarket radio will not catch a good FM signal even with the antenna adapter.
If using Carplay/AA, just use TunedIn or Radio.com app and get better than FM quality radio.
Jump to top dothraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-19-2019, 11:14:52 PM   #13
IggyP

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothraki View Post
If using Carplay/AA, just use TunedIn or Radio.com app and get better than FM quality radio.
I'm trying to use just the regular FM function of any radio.
Jump to top IggyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Apr-20-2019, 01:42:10 AM   #14
Paulo M

United States

Your interior pulls off that headunit very well. Black seats and trim makes it look uniformed. Must be nice to have new tech in this car.
Old Sun, Apr-21-2019, 01:04:16 AM   #15
aerpelding
///M Driver

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo M View Post
Your interior pulls off that headunit very well. Black seats and trim makes it look uniformed. Must be nice to have new tech in this car.
Thank you. When i swapped the black dash into the car i almost replaced the trim with CF from Karbonius, however the piano black i think offers a nice gloss to break up the black dash. Plus the rarity of the piano black made me want to keep it.

The pictures don't show, but the seats are actually cinnamon.

I just had a buddy of mine, who knows car audio, tune the radio for me, as this Alpine comes with a parametric EQ built in. With the Alpine Type R components, i'm amazed at how well he was able to make everything sound with the stock OEM HK amp powering everything. Plus having the microphone and Waze, and all the modern music tech, it makes driving this car that much more fun all over again.

I highly recommend to anyone looking for a functional, quality unit. Just don't cheap out on the bezel like i did. That's getting replaced ASAP.

Laguna Seca Blau | Full Cinnamon Interior Swap | KW v1 | GC Street Camber plates | OEM e92 19" ZCP 359M w/10mm Macht Schnell rear spacers | 245/35, 275/30 Michelin PSS | OEM 330d shifter | ZHP Leather weighted shift knob | Ledermanz Alcantara wrapped steering wheel | Coby Alcantara e-brake handle & Alcantara e-brake boot | Macht Schnell intake elbow | Macht Schnell air filter | OEM Fender Gills painted Gloss Black via iND | OEM Hood Grills painted Gloss Black via iND | OEM LED Taillight retrofit | Bi-Xenon D2S 4.0 Projector retrofit by Kustom54 Lighting | Streamline CF CSL Style rear diffuser | SuperSprint LTW Race |
Jump to top aerpelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-13-2019, 02:31:51 AM   #16
rilla

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerpelding View Post
This unit is perfect and very aggressively priced for the exact functionality that i was looking for.
Wow I just looked up the price, 300 isnít bad at all. How much are you into the project with the harnesses, mics, bezel and all?
Jump to top rilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-13-2019, 08:24:26 PM   #17
aerpelding
///M Driver

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilla View Post
Wow I just looked up the price, 300 isnít bad at all. How much are you into the project with the harnesses, mics, bezel and all?
With the current setup, i'm only $450 into it. $300 Radio, $130 for the harness, mic, parking brake override, etc., $20 for the bezel on amazon.

However, one thing i've mentioned above that i'll be changing this month and that i highly recommend is a higher quality bezel with install kit.

The one from:
http://www.janus-design.net/english/...edin/index.php

I've reached out to him and he sells a custom bezel which will fit 100% flush with the dash, as well as an install bracket so you don't have to cut up your oem plastic piece. It will also screw the radio securely into the dash.

Laguna Seca Blau | Full Cinnamon Interior Swap | KW v1 | GC Street Camber plates | OEM e92 19" ZCP 359M w/10mm Macht Schnell rear spacers | 245/35, 275/30 Michelin PSS | OEM 330d shifter | ZHP Leather weighted shift knob | Ledermanz Alcantara wrapped steering wheel | Coby Alcantara e-brake handle & Alcantara e-brake boot | Macht Schnell intake elbow | Macht Schnell air filter | OEM Fender Gills painted Gloss Black via iND | OEM Hood Grills painted Gloss Black via iND | OEM LED Taillight retrofit | Bi-Xenon D2S 4.0 Projector retrofit by Kustom54 Lighting | Streamline CF CSL Style rear diffuser | SuperSprint LTW Race |
Old Mon, May-13-2019, 08:59:33 PM   #18
rbg

United States

Have you done any comparison to alpine ilx-207, 107 and 702?
The model line of this company is not very transparent to me .
Jump to top rbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-13-2019, 11:33:23 PM   #19
aerpelding
///M Driver

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbg View Post
Have you done any comparison to alpine ilx-207, 107 and 702?
The model line of this company is not very transparent to me .
I haven't done a comparison, however the ilx-207 won't fit in the e46 without cutting into the airbox.
The ilx-107 is Apple Car Play only
The ilx-702 is a UK only head unit that also would require you to cut into the airbox.
The ilx-702e46, again is a UK only head unit. However can be purchased via ebay or amazon for $1,000. Which isn't worth it.

You can find a bunch of reviews and stuff on you tube to show you all the features.

Last edited by aerpelding; Mon, May-13-2019 at 11:39:31 PM.
Old Mon, May-13-2019, 11:42:00 PM   #20
rbg

United States

Thank you so much!
Jump to top rbg is offline   Reply With Quote