BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Wed, Oct-29-2003, 07:21:25 PM   #1
astan100

Default Can I be a mod/can we work on the FAQ section?

I seem to spend an exorbitant amount of time of the forum, so can I a moderator? If not, its coolbut Ill help clean up the FAQ section if you let me.

As for that, I have a suggestion. Can we disallow members to post there initially? Is that a feature or not? Its fine allow people to add onto it, but its annoying having people post stuff like, how much did you guys pay in Chicago for your M3.

There have been far too many threads recently asking about how to buy used M3sI feel like I answer one every other day.

Can we just start a bunch of those threads with descriptive titles and just post every bit of info and links to previous threads and stick them in the FAQ Section?

This is a forum effort here, but it will really cut down on the same questions over and over. Then instead of saying search, we can just say, its in the FAQ-and we know itll be there and it will be true.

I'll wait to hear back, but we can just title the threads stuff like, "How to buy a used e36 M3--For FAQ".
Recently installed: New set of Rear Bilsteins with RE RSMs
To be installed: UUC Red TME's, Alpine Head Unit/Sirius
Current annoying M3 problems: wind noise from badly aligned windows
Jump to top astan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Oct-29-2003, 07:25:20 PM   #2
97BLKM3COUPE

Reputation: 0 97BLKM3COUPE has a reputation beyond repute97BLKM3COUPE has a reputation beyond repute97BLKM3COUPE has a reputation beyond repute97BLKM3COUPE has a reputation beyond repute97BLKM3COUPE has a reputation beyond repute97BLKM3COUPE has a reputation beyond repute

United States

astan, you have been here for a while and probably should be a mod already.

No one seems to know where the admin went who can change our status.

You are correct, the FAQ section should be controlled by mods and only threads where the info is complete should be put there for read only. I will do some cleanup there right now and move some threads to where they should be.
Jump to top 97BLKM3COUPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-29-2003, 07:27:30 PM   #3
astan100

Haha, okay thanks. I'll start posting threads tonight for the FAQ section. It'll take a little time on everyone's part, but think of the time and annoyance it'll save.
Old Wed, Oct-29-2003, 07:34:00 PM   #4
97BLKM3COUPE

Reputation: 0 97BLKM3COUPE has a reputation beyond repute97BLKM3COUPE has a reputation beyond repute97BLKM3COUPE has a reputation beyond repute97BLKM3COUPE has a reputation beyond repute97BLKM3COUPE has a reputation beyond repute97BLKM3COUPE has a reputation beyond repute

United States

Just PM me when you think a thread has been exhausted and it is time to move it to the FAQ section.

We probably need one for Exhausts but I am no expert in that area.

General things, like:

Exhaust
Intake
Airbag light
Check engine light
RSM
Wheels
Audio
Performance Specs
Which oil to use and how to change it
How to reset service lights
etc.

seemed to be asked on a daily basis and should be answered in a FAQ section.

Thanks for helping out.
Old Wed, Oct-29-2003, 07:36:59 PM   #5
da3bous
Restricted

In the garage:

Faroe Islands

lol we do need more mods.....

how bout a thread on abbreviations.....like CAI and all that....

the thing is we need to remove all the other threads and then start pinning the FAQ's so they always show when you go into the forum and close the threads so people don't post in them.....
Old Wed, Oct-29-2003, 07:40:55 PM   #6
97BLKM3COUPE

United States

That can easily be done. Maybe we can do 2 or 3 at a time, and when everyone feels they are complete in the required information, I can move it to the FAQ section and pin it there.
Old Wed, Oct-29-2003, 08:38:30 PM   #7
da3bous
Restricted

In the garage:

Faroe Islands

well...since this is one of the few areas of the site that i can't "moderate" just tell me how I can help in other places....
Old Wed, Oct-29-2003, 09:20:35 PM   #8
astan100

Well, if you can get the PostWhores in your section to calm down and add to E46 FAQ threads, we can all work on this.

The FAQ section could be split into two sections...one for each body style. We have complely different problems, so it might be easier for N00B's to come in and look at only the model they are interested in.

I'll start the buying a used M thread right now...that thing has gotten thrown around so much. You might want to start this in your forum too da3bous. Yours is more about what options are and aren't worth the money though.

So it begins....
Old Wed, Oct-29-2003, 10:13:38 PM   #9
95RogueM3
^Needs More Garage Space..

United States

how can i help?
i pmed purple a week or so ago asking to be a mod and was hoping to get a response at some point. Let me know if thats a possibility.

-Richard

Jump to top 95RogueM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-29-2003, 10:18:41 PM   #10
astan100

Purple has been MIA for awhile...he just hops on now and then. I haven't seen Roadrunner in like a year...seriously.

Time for fresh blood (and keep the old of course).