BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 08:49:02 PM   #1
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Default We might all have to start paying to access M3forums!

MODS, Feel free to remove if this breaks any rules. I hope everyone here understands the purpose of this and can see past said rules if in fact I am breaking them. I know this belongs in OT, but how many people actually visit that subforum.

Do you all want to pay your ISPs extra money to access websites like M3forums? No? Me neither.

Join the Battle for Net Neutrality! Net neutrality will die in a month and will affect many websites and services, unless we fight for it!
The FCC is about to slash net neutrality protections (on December 14th) that prevent Internet Service Providers like Comcast and Verizon from charging us extra fees to access the online content we want -- or throttling, blocking, and censoring websites and apps. It's time we take a stand (again).

Why is Net Neutrality important? Here is a great ELI5 (explain like I am five):
Quote:
So, remember that time you were like "**** yeah, im going to the library!" and we all got in the car and we got there.
The librarian was super helpful in helping you navigate the Dewey decimal system, but when you went to check out some books, she started charging you more for certain books. Like, for no reason other than because she wanted to.
You were like "woah dude, this is a library, these books shouldn't be priced differently based on their content!" to which she said "Tough. Nothing stopping me. You can read these books that align with my ideological and political leanings for $5, or you can read this book that I authored for free. But these books that I don't want you reading? $20."
Sadly, your broke ass didn't have $20 so you didn't get the books you wanted and you took the books you were offered for free. The entire drive home, you were mad that you had to pay more for access to something that you didnt have to before. You then said "why dont we just go to that other library across town" to which i had to remind you "dude, we only have ONE library that services our area. There is another library, sure. And that library may even have a better selection. But the problem is that you dont live in the right area so that librarian wont even let you check out books. And even then there is no guarantee that she wont charge you whatever she wants as well."
Then you pouted for a bit.
Let's not wait until it's too late...I URGE you all to call your representatives and let them know that you will be voting against them if they don't make a significant effort to kill this bill. Our internet freedoms are at stake and it only takes 5 minutes out of your day to help.

For more information on how you can help this cause, check out:
https://www.battleforthenet.com/
...or you know...Just google it. There is NO shortage of outrange, information on this, or ways to help. I'm sure this is not the first place you are reading about this.

Don't let what happened with Photobucket, happen to the entire internet (including access to this forum).

*Disclaimer: This post has no political party affiliation...F#@* your politics, this affects us all.

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 09:04:08 PM   #2
Cha5en
Banned

United States

Default Re: We might all have to start paying to access M3forums!

Sadly there is not a ****ing thing you or I can do about this. It's going to happen, regardless of how we feel or what we sign up for. Part of it is political, as the current administration in power see's this as a good thing.

It is what it is, unfortunately.
Jump to top Cha5en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 09:08:59 PM   #3
icecream
Registered Apples

In the garage:

United States

Internet was too good to be true. Do we even need isp's? Everyone has WiFi routers and for areas without coverage we can install private routers for the data to jump through, sort of like an open source internet. Though Google controls the net and being an isp themselves, well, we are screwed. F*ck these guys for screwing up a great thing.
Jump to top icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 09:10:06 PM   #4
nasieg

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha5en View Post
Sadly there is not a ****ing thing you or I can do about this. It's going to happen, regardless of how we feel or what we sign up for. Part of it is political, as the current administration in power see's this as a good thing.

You might want to blame previous administration for this one:

On February 26, 2015, the FCC ruled in favor of net neutrality by reclassifying broadband as a common carrier under Title II of the Communications Act of 1934 and Section 706 of the Telecommunications act of 1996. On April 13, 2015, the FCC published the final rule on its new "Net Neutrality" regulations

My Journal

Besian VANOS, Euro Headers & Section1, TTFS tune, TMS under-dive pulleys, TC Kline S/A Coil Overs, Brembo 996 Calipers, ECS 2 Piece Rotors, Rally Road/P0lar Adapters, SS Brake Lines, Motul 600,Hawk HT-10 Pads, Braille Lightweight Battery, Hotchkis Sway Bars, SR2 CF Sunroof Panel,Apex ARC-8 & Sportline CS8's, Recaro Sportser CS Seats,SAP delete,Lightweight Cabin Filter Housing, SG CSL Diffuser, OEM CSL Trunk, Modified Stock Muffler
Jump to top nasieg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 09:13:53 PM   #5
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasieg View Post

On February 26, 2015, the FCC ruled in favor of net neutrality by reclassifying broadband as a common carrier under Title II of the Communications Act of 1934 and Section 706 of the Telecommunications act of 1996. On April 13, 2015, the FCC published the final rule on its new "Net Neutrality" regulations
I think you have it backwards.

That ugly little shit Plump appointed for the FCC is pushing this and, like we always do, we'll take it like the good, passive, overweight, sluggish, dim patriots we are! God bless you all and god bless 'murica

-Evolve-R Alpha N Evolve CSL CF Airbox Eventuri Scoop Euro Headers|sect 1 BMW Motorsport 4.10 Besian D/A pullies/fan delete WPC rod bearings
-TMS Camber & Subf plates RE Street Trans Mounts AKG poly SUB/DIFF SDW RTAB ZHP knob + UUC DSSR GroundControl S/A (Koni/Eibach 440/550) + tall RSMs
-OE CSL trunk APEX 75mm Studs Sportline 8S 18"x8.5/9.5" MPSS 245/275 ss brake/clutch lines
-Pioneer DEH-80PRS Eclipse PA5422 CDT HD-6 + WS-100i CDT EX-530 8" Kicker

DD/Beater: 1999 Civic LX - Kenwood x998 PPI 1600.4 CDT HD-6 + HD-100 CDT EX-530 Clarion 10"
Jump to top TboneM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 09:17:05 PM   #6
icecream
Registered Apples

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasieg View Post

Let's not turn this into a political argument guys. This is a big deal and gives control of your internet to money hungry disgusting pigs of the world. This move is handmaid's tale level bs. It will segregate and disconnect people from reality and will push the agenda of the wealthy only. Google will let you only see what they want you to see, it is disgusting and I hope it fails. No more competitive pricing, no more free sites full of information no more anything.
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 09:18:46 PM   #7
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecream View Post
Internet was too good to be true. Do we even need isp's? Everyone has WiFi routers and for areas without coverage we can install private routers for the data to jump through, sort of like an open source internet. Though Google controls the net and being an isp themselves, well, we are screwed. F*ck these guys for screwing up a great thing.
Wifi routers don't do any good without an "internet service provider". It's like having a cable box without paying for cable. Just having a router won't do you any good...And just like cable, they will start offering tiered packages of what you can and can't access based on your payment package. Right now, we pay for internet access and can access the entire web. Soon, you will be paying for what sites you have access too. Unfortunately most everyone only has one option for their ISP that services their region. It's a cooperative monopoly.

Get ready for:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cha5en View Post

At the vary least, what we can do is call our representatives and tell them to KEEP Title 2 and to support Net Neutrality. While is may be inevitable that we lose the fight...I won't go down silently.

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 09:24:36 PM   #8
icecream
Registered Apples

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
Wifi routers don't do any good without an "internet service provider". It's like having a cable box without paying for cable. Just having a router won't do you any good...And just like cable, they will start offering tiered packages of what you can and can't access based on your payment package. Right now, we pay for internet access and can access the entire web. Soon, you will be paying for what sites you have access too. Unfortunately most everyone only has one option for their ISP that services their region. It's a cooperative monopoly.

Get ready for:

At the vary least, what we can do is call our representatives and tell them to KEEP Title 2 and to support Net Neutrality. While is may be inevitable that we lose the fight...I won't go down silently.
The routers would connect computers that were connected to the servers and information that makes up the net. I mean, it is much more complicated and everyone would have to be on board but we would basically be on a giant LAN. But I'm not a network engineer so who knows.
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 09:26:33 PM   #9
icecream
Registered Apples

In the garage:

United States

God damnit, what pisses me off is the information is not theirs to control. They have no right, none.
Old Wed, Nov-22-2017, 09:31:31 PM   #10
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
The routers would connect computers that were connected to the servers and information that makes up the net. I mean, it is much more complicated and everyone would have to be on board but we would basically be on a giant LAN. But I'm not a network engineer so who knows.
Oh I see.

Quote:
God damnit, what pisses me off is the information is not theirs to control. They have no right, none.
What is worse is, it will be EXPONENTIALLY more difficult to repeal it if they get rid of Net Neutrality. We are all connected right now via the internet. Without free (read: uncensored) internet, you can kiss our collective and ease of communication/organization good bye. We are literally regressing backwards rather than moving forwards. The public voice will be completely silenced and our ability to access information readily will be severely impeded upon.