BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Sep-18-2017, 07:26:05 PM   #1
legacyej25

United States

Default BMW CSL pics from ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E46-M3...gAAOSwt05ZuknV

Just thought I'd post this for the pictures alone. I really enjoyed looking at the details! I wish we got this car in the USA.

Enjoy!
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Sep-18-2017, 10:14:55 PM   #2
bostonbruck

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: BMW CSL pics from ebay

What an amazing car.

1. wait several years
2. import

2002 Jet black 6MT Coupe Beisan Vanos, Gloss black grills, F10 M5 knob, maintenance
Jump to top bostonbruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Sep-18-2017, 11:07:27 PM   #3
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonbruck View Post
What an amazing car.

1. wait several years
2. import
What's depressing is, based on the 25 year minimum import law, they won't be legal until at least 2029 (based off 2004 being the first model year). I am sure the market price for CSLs will skyrocketing then and it will likely be cheaper to just convert non-CSLs, if all you car about is the driving experience. The time to buy them is before they are legal and just store them in the country of origin until importable and before the price bubble increases from the influx of demand.

Looks like this guy has the right idea.

Mods: Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Supersprint LW Race Muffler, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, .
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Dixis Spirit Titanium muffler -- have until end of august to find one, before I go custom.

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Mon, Sep-18-2017 at 11:11:26 PM.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Sep-18-2017, 11:29:37 PM   #4
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

But then do you visit it often to circulate fluids? I mean, what a head ache either doing that or, once acquiring the car, replacing everything.

·Evolve-R Alpha N · Evolve CSL CF Airbox · Eventuri Scoop · Supersprint V1 stepped 63mm · SS V1 S pipe 63mm + 200 cell HFC · OE sect 2 60mm · SS Sport 60mm
·Besian · RE pullies/fan delete · WPC rod bearings · GroundControl S/A (Koni/Eibach 440/525) + tall RSMs · TMS Camber & Subframe plates · SPC Adj alloy rear camber arms
·RE Trans Mounts · AKG poly SUB/DIFF 95a · SDW RTAB · Weighted ///M knob + UUC DSSR + delrin carrier bush · OE CSL trunk · APEX 75mm Studs · ZHP 13.7:1 P/S Rack
·Sportline 8S 18"x8.5/9.5" · MPSS 245/275 · Brembo 996 36/40 345mm CSL Textar D917 FF & 28/30 328mm CSL ATE D738 FF · CM brackets & ss/teflon lines
·Pioneer DEH-80PRS · Eclipse PA5422 · CDT HD-6 + WS-100i · CDT EX-530 · 8" Kicker

DD/Beater: 1999 Civic LX - Kenwood x998 · PPI 1600.4 · CDT HD-6 + HD-100 · CDT EX-530 · DVC 10"
Jump to top TboneM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Sep-18-2017, 11:37:48 PM   #5
Malloy

United States

The car in post 3 is in PA ��
Jump to top Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Sep-19-2017, 12:38:04 AM   #6
02_LSB

In the garage:

United States

Default BMW CSL pics from ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
What's depressing is, based on the 25 year minimum import law, they won't be legal until at least 2029 (based off 2004 being the first model year). I am sure the market price for CSLs will skyrocketing then and it will likely be cheaper to just convert non-CSLs, if all you car about is the driving experience. The time to buy them is before they are legal and just store them in the country of origin until importable and before the price bubble increases from the influx of demand.

Looks like this guy has the right idea.

Just finished calibrating my crystal ball, it is year 2029..

For sale, mint condition, low mileage, garage kept csl. $150,000 (cough cough Doug demuro video)
Jump to top 02_LSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Sep-19-2017, 12:49:48 AM   #7
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
But then do you visit it often to circulate fluids? I mean, what a head ache either doing that or, once acquiring the car, replacing everything.
Judging by the other cars in that are stacked next to it (e92 M3 and E36 M3 LW) I'd assume this guy has some sort of storage routine/maintenance system down. I wonder what else is in his garage that isn't pictured. Judging by the lifts, I'm sure he has quite the collection and can afford to keep them maintained and stored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
The car in post 3 is in PA ��
Yea, I wonder how he plans to "import" it when it becomes legal. From my understanding, the car can't be stored in the country and then be registered as a legal import once it becomes 25 years old. It actually has to be kept out of the USA until then to legally import it. (Ie: it's why you don't see people storing R34 GTRs in their garage waiting until they are 25 years old). Typically people just store non-legal cars in Canada (if they are at least 15 years old) or their place of origin until legally importable.

I know a local guy who has an S15 Silvia in my state. Fully state registered, state license plated, and road legal. Of course it is still federally illegal and technically not even really state legal since it was registered as a 240sx with a matching 240sx VIN (not really sure how that works, but that is what he explained it to me as). I wonder what stops anyone from doing the same with the CSL and registering it as a converted E46 M3. Wouldn't be legal if you were caught though. I suspect the high CSL price tag worldwide makes this less of a desirable risk, that and the idea of it being crushed, you being fined, and possibly even serving jail/prison time. However, I'd assume it's easier to pass off a CSL as a converted E46 M3 than it is to pass off a Silvia S15 as a 240sx, so long as you match the VINs (however that is done). Just recently there was a huge bust in my state for a JDM parts/import shop getting busted for illegally importing cars and tax evasion (I think) for way under declaring what they were importing. It was a huge deal. They had no shame blasting all of their illegal cars on social media though. I guess people like the attention and just think "eh, its a car...it's not like we are smuggling heroin into the country. Nobody will care or notice. It's no big deal."...Then the feds come knocking.

You could always get a PO BOX in Canada and form an LLC up there. Register the car there and get a year long VISA to bring drive it in the USA. I've seen that done too in the GTR crowd, but then after 1 year it has to go back. I am not sure how the renewal process works or if you could even do that.

Mods: Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Supersprint LW Race Muffler, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, .
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Dixis Spirit Titanium muffler -- have until end of august to find one, before I go custom.

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Tue, Sep-19-2017 at 12:55:06 AM.
Old Tue, Sep-19-2017, 01:04:08 AM   #8
e46IX

Canada

Time to start saving for 2019 where's the LHD's at
Jump to top e46IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Sep-19-2017, 01:21:12 AM   #9
legacyej25

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_LSB View Post

For sale, mint condition, low mileage, garage kept csl. $150,000 (cough cough Doug demuro video)
Funny thing is, you'd be much better off stashing 60k away now and having it compound. You get 7-8% and you're up at 150k
Old Tue, Sep-19-2017, 01:42:40 AM   #10
Dr M3an M3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02_LSB View Post

He does live in PA...Could you imagine.