BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Mar-25-2017, 12:52:31 AM   #71
Status Gruppe Manufacturing
M3Forum Sponsor

Reputation: 0 Status Gruppe Manufacturing is on a distinguished road

United States

Default Re: An honest and in depth look at the Status Gruppe SCZA CSL Trunk (4/10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Definitely. Having seen the Status Gruppe CSL diffuser / valence I would say this is not an isolated incident and that all their products are like this unless you complain and get the "1 out of 100" that isn't like the item pictured in your original post.
Our diffusers are all fit here before shipping. If the customer has issues installing we cannot control all cases. If there is ever a problem we will fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aab010799 View Post
I got a diffuser from them and it was actually great once I got it on.

Exhaust was also great from them except for the fact it arrived with bent hangars.

My trunklid however is a different story

I'm going to make my own review of all the products I've gotten from them sometime soon.
Alex,
unfortunately when you build as many parts as we do you will have some with issues. factory is going to take care of the return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosshaa View Post
Scanned through the first part and might of missed something but it's interesting to see a company happy to charge a premium for quality control and then 'some how manages to let an old obsolete product be sold' then by their own admission says, they don't see everything that leaves the factory. But it's to be expected because their products are continuously improving though generations.

HUH??

Mind you this in't six sigma quality, seems like there were some pretty major flaws on a recent purchase.
selling a premium product and then owning that your product isn't premium but, defending it as a work in progress, seems like a pretty big gap there.

Thanks for the review OP

From statusgruppe.com.. second sentence in product description:
Our SGT Carbon fiber trunk is an exact Rep of the OEM CSL Trunk. Our Trunks are without handle (just like the OEM CSL Trunk) and without the fitment issues associated with other Non OEM trunks on the market.

source: https://statusgruppe.com/collections...iber-trunk-lid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We pre-fit all parts on the trunk lid. it is a handmade product so there is always a chance for human error.

Mike Migs
Status Gruppe Manufacturing INC.
7636 Miramar Rd, Suite 1100
San Diego, CA 92126
Phone. #619-887-6006
Email | Paypal Info@statusgruppe.com
Website.StatusGruppe.com
Like us on Facebook!
Instagram
Jump to top Status Gruppe Manufacturing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Mar-25-2017, 11:57:37 AM   #72
iconoclast

United States

Default Re: An honest and in depth look at the Status Gruppe SCZA CSL Trunk (4/10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Status Gruppe Manufacturing View Post
Our diffusers are all fit here before shipping. If the customer has issues installing we cannot control all cases. If there is ever a problem we will fix it.
Installation error is not the case especially not on a "diffuser". It either fits or it does not fit.
Installation error does not create crooked and crimped weaves in CF material especially in the visible unpainted area.
Installation error does not create multiple pieces of fabric cut and laid on top of each other within the product itself.
Installation error does not create uneven lines in the product itself which create gaps.
Installation error does not create mounting points far off from there intended location.
Installation error does not create bubbles and imperfections in the resin.
Installation error does not create bald spots and gaps in the weave.

While your claims of "if there is a problem we will fix it" may be true it is very difficult to get a rep on the phone after the sale but before the sale the phone and or email is answered immediately. A return call is received AFTER a post or thread is made on here.

In the end an OEM diffuser was installed and should have been from the beginning. The final outcome was that this may be a decent shortcut for most others will find themselves regretting the purchase and the run-around. The person this diffuser was sold to wound up having a body shop spend an hour and half priming and adjusting the gaps for a better fitment and painting. Even after that the end result was about 60-65% of what it could have been if the OEM part was used but the cost was nearly the same at this point yielding only approximately 20% in savings.

Jump to top iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Mar-25-2017, 02:18:17 PM   #73
Pahkthebeemah

In the garage:

United States

This whole thread.
12' Jeep Sport (gone)
13' BMW 335i MSport, Stock (gone...regret it)
13' Kia Rio (current daily driver)
03' BMW M3 SMG (pleasure only)
Jump to top Pahkthebeemah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Mar-25-2017, 04:51:31 PM   #74
e46IX

Canada

This thread has been pretty discouraging, considering we don't have too many options for CSL replica parts and the SGT stuff isn't up to par when it was hyped to be. I want one of their front bumpers but I've seen too many pictures where the bumpers don't line up with the fenders and have gaps where the front lip mounts.
Jump to top e46IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Mar-25-2017, 08:26:48 PM   #75
Maximz

In the garage:

United States

Not defending sgt, thats a a fail on their part but if they made it right, i dont see the problem,
Also i dont think all the "omg it doesnt fit, manufacturing/qc must be bad!!" Realize the difficulty of working with carbonfiber
I am a chemical engineer, and i can tell you this, any especially molded carbon fiber panels/bumpers/trunks,will be different from one another, could be .001 of a mm or could be half a cm (0.5mm), carbon fiber is very hard to work with even in industrial settings, misfitments will happen, althought the technolpgy and refinement is advancing, you cant expect Ferarri quality composites out of every CF part retailer/manufacturer.
Old Sat, Mar-25-2017, 08:30:37 PM   #76
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximz View Post
Not defending sgt, thats a a fail on their part but if they made it right, i dont see the problem,
The big thing for me is, how long did it take for them to make it right and how much of a hassle and inconvenience was it to be taken care of. Weeks - months of back and forth, is not acceptable to me.

Mods: WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, , CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, .
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, CSL Airbox, Brembo, Cams/Pistons...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-10-2017, 01:48:30 AM   #77
Tillerz

United States

I have also purchased the Status Gruppe Scza CSL trunk from them, and here is my review:

Order: BMW E46 M3 SGT-SCZA CSL Style Single Sided Carbon Fiber w/ light kit w/ drilling/cutting for trunk carpet.

Paid:
Trunk - $1235 USD - $1644.63 CAD
Shipping - $179 USD - $238.37 CAD
Duties/Taxes - $117.25 CAD (De-valued cost to customs of $889.52 by Status Gruppe.. thank god no damage on arrival)
Cost for me: $2000.25 CAD

Weave 6/10
Fitment 7/10
Craftsmanship (Mold) 8/10
Craftsmanship (Status drilling/cutting) 2/10

Weave:
God damn pin wholes everywhere... I get that you are going for a light trunk, but maybe more than just one sheet of laid carbon fiber? The weave is so inconsistent and horrible, the weaves go from very big patches to very small weaves and are not even straight.

Fitment: I know a huge selling point is fitment and lightweight, but this causes leaking issues as the trunk is way too light to sit flush, hell I can push down on the trunk and it moves.

And don't get me started on the lock cylinder.. The fiberglass underside of the trunk is so thin and weak that if i push on the lock cylinder with my key in it, the whole cylinder moves. A suggestion is to reinforce this area please.. Who cares if it adds a pound or two more, most of us won't care for the weight adding if it helps remedy this situation.

Craftsmanship Mold: - Overall not too bad, some gap issues, and leak issues as mentioned above.

Craftsmanship (Status drilling/cutting) - Sigh... just sigh..
First of all, the emblem holes were drilled too small for the factory gromets to fit in, I had to get my body shop to re-drill them.

Secondly I asked for trunk cut/drilled for tool kit and carpet.
The trunk arrives and the holes for the carpet clips to go into are way too large.. the whole clip slides in and out the drilled hole and comes off when driving over bumps causing the carpet to fall off.
Then comes the tool kit drilling, Status Gruppe drilled the two small holes for the screws, but DID NOT drill the hole for where the the threaded plastic nut is to sit and for where the strap attaches to the trunk.. like cmon guys, it took 6 weeks to makes and you forgot that, and I cant even get what I ordered.

I would expect a hell of a lot more from a company who charges a premium on their part. I mean I spent $2000 on this to get it to me, I was so excited. And now I'm left thinking I should have stayed with my $500 ModBargain trunk that had no issues aside from me not liking that the handle stays on it.
Sorry Mike, but please get your Quality Assurance and Development teams to do a better job, cause they are shitting the bed.

One video attached to post. EDIT: video wont upload, but it shows how easy the clips on the carpet just pop off.. you get the idea..
All images can be found here:
http://s234.photobucket.com/user/nit...tatus%20Gruppe

Last edited by Tillerz; Mon, Jul-10-2017 at 01:55:21 AM.
Jump to top Tillerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-10-2017, 02:33:39 AM   #78
11b4

United States

Damn... status gruppe has been slacking. I been waiting for headers since February. Then I see this thread, So glad I got a OE csl for cheaper then a rep, thanks to Dr M3an

Tillerz you should ask for your money back. Have them pay for shipping. Talk to Dr M3an and hop on the next OE csl trunk group buy

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jump to top 11b4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-10-2017, 03:19:29 AM   #79
Dee514

Tibet

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast
While your claims of "if there is a problem we will fix it" may be true it is very difficult to get a rep on the phone after the sale but before the sale the phone and or email is answered immediately. A return call is received AFTER a post or thread is made on here
I too am having so many issues with them, and their lack or response. As for him stating he will make it right and give him a chance, i am still waiting for that to happen and it's been 8 months and counting, with empty promises thus far. Hasn't returned emails/txts/etc in 3-4 weeks. Needless to say, I would not buy again....PM if you want specifics.

www.statusgruppe.com

Last edited by Dee514; Mon, Jul-10-2017 at 03:28:05 AM.
Jump to top Dee514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-10-2017, 04:17:53 AM   #80
m3e46freak
M3 Freq

In the garage:

Germany

Uhm.

1. I understand the pain of people who spend thousands and want great quality..
2. The last 2 CSL bumpers, and CSL trunks that I bought from EBAY were all under 500 a piece. And get this, they lined up.
3. This will also blow your ****ing mind, I got it painted at MACCO and it was flawless.

More comments but... last time I tried that I got banned, cheers folks

FREQ.

Disclaimer: I love you all.

Rock Hard Abs Racing

KWV2!
18X10 CCW CLASSIC!
CPI Headers!
RESONATORS AND SUPERSPRINT!
DINAN!
FRANK!! 311RWHP-260Torque
m3e46freak@yahoo.com for outside contacting

ebay/craigslist verified 100% FEEDBACK