BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Photos and Videos
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Photos and Videos Place to post and discuss BMW and other automotive videos and photos.

Old Mon, Dec-21-2009, 12:03:12 AM   #11
Hu///mmell

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIP View Post
That looks perfect to me....can you give me the specs and costs as I'm sold for my tiag vert.
Thanks, man. You're not too far away from me. I'm in Charlotte.

The springs were cheap, I got them for 185 shipped. Springs will last forever...it doesn't matter if there is 500 or 500,000 miles on them. So don't sweat the milage on a used set if you can find one. Look for the Eibach Pro Kit.

They're rated to work with your stock shocks, but rest assured your stock shocks will blow out quicker with these. No worries, you can always pick up some Koni's down the road...here's the rub...LABOR COSTS.

If you can do the work on your own (or know someone who can help you) and you like this height, Eibach's with stock shocks will do you great until you need new shocks. You can get some nice shocks down the road, but you'll have to take everything out again to put the new shocks in.

If you can't do the work yourself, you might consider coilovers. Labor is pricey putting springs/shocks on and off.

I was lucky enough to have a neighbor who is a badass and works on these cars regularly. He has his own m3 coupe he's modded, so he's been through the suspension mods before. He was nice enough to help me out. I learned a lot!

Last edited by Hu///mmell; Mon, Dec-21-2009 at 12:12:36 AM.
Jump to top Hu///mmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Dec-21-2009, 12:15:00 AM   #12
GJGM3
Porsche 997

United States

That's a nice subtle drop and you should be fine with your dampers assuming they don't have a ton of miles on them.

I also have an '02 6MT and have been modded to the extreme and back again. I love mine with the stock look, although my suspension is pretty beefed up with KWv2, GC RSM, Eibach f/r sways (recommend some form of f/r for handling - less roll), UUC ARCA & camber plates. I added spacers to mine and I'm rolling on ECS front 15mm and rear 5mm and that's pretty much what I could get away with to avoid rubbing on OEM sized tires.

At the end of the day, at your ride height you can go pretty aggressive with spacers - not sure to the degree that you want to, but it does look pretty good and improves steering response.

Nice ride/twin.

Miss the M3 ASA Boost

But truly, "Porsche, There is No Substitute"

Jump to top GJGM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Dec-21-2009, 12:20:29 AM   #13
Hu///mmell

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJGM3 View Post
That's a nice subtle drop and you should be fine with your dampers assuming they don't have a ton of miles on them.

I also have an '02 6MT and have been modded to the extreme and back again. I love mine with the stock look, although my suspension is pretty beefed up with KWv2, GC RSM, Eibach f/r sways (recommend some form of f/r for handling - less roll), UUC ARCA & camber plates. I added spacers to mine and I'm rolling on ECS front 15mm and rear 5mm and that's pretty much what I could get away with to avoid rubbing on OEM sized tires.

At the end of the day, at your ride height you can go pretty aggressive with spacers - not sure to the degree that you want to, but it does look pretty good and improves steering response.

Nice ride/twin.
Thanks a lot, brother. Yeah, I actually considered going 10mm in the rear. I think I'll be fine with the 12mm in the back. We'll see what happens. If I rub, which I don't think I will given the modest drop, I'll switch'em out for 10mm's.

Think I'll rub at this height with 12mm rear spacers?
Old Mon, Dec-21-2009, 12:41:48 AM   #14
GJGM3
Porsche 997

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hu///mmell View Post
Thanks a lot, brother. Yeah, I actually considered going 10mm in the rear. I think I'll be fine with the 12mm in the back. We'll see what happens. If I rub, which I don't think I will given the modest drop, I'll switch'em out for 10mm's.

Think I'll rub at this height with 12mm rear spacers?
I think with OEM sized tires you should be fine because you still have a small amount of gap from the top corner of your tire and the fender lip. Body roll and bumps may be the issue though and I don't know what the condition is of your dampers. But, I can tell you that at 5mm on my rears with the top of the tire tucked, running -2 degree cross camber, Eibach sways, KWv2 set to 3/4 full stiff, under hard cornering I'd get a slight rub. Sometimes when launching and the squat I could also hear a little - but then it's got huge torque.

Honestly I'd go with a 10mm, or get your front setup first. I know that'll be much larger than the rear, but it'll give you a sense of where you'd be at for comparison sake.

I highly recommend ECS tuning and they have some really great pricing (SALE) on them. Make sure you get the bolts to go with them.

http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-M3-...earch/Spacers/

The drop is nice on your car and it'll be comfortable at that height. I'm at 12" squared and if the roads here weren't good I'd raise mine, but I love the height and total handling of my car.

I used to run those you have on my Audi and they're one of the best springs hands down you can get.

To give you an idea, here's what 5mm looks like on the rear. I wish I had a close up or clearer picture, but 5mm is very thin but it makes a big difference in terms of bringing the 255/35/19 tire out. Initially I didn't think it would.

Not sure if you can tell on the rear tire to fender

In my opinion I think a 15mm front, 10mm rear. But please search and see what some of the others are running.

Let me know if I can be of any help with your modding. Done it all previously and current.

Miss the M3 ASA Boost

Old Mon, Dec-21-2009, 01:27:14 AM   #15
Hu///mmell

In the garage:

United States

Man...looks great! I'm going to give the 12mm's a shot. I'll make sure I post back some pictures. There's gotta be someone out there who would be willing to trade some 10's for 12's if I need to.

I like your smoked corners...that will probably be next for me.

Are those tips or is that a full exhaust?
Old Mon, Dec-21-2009, 01:49:28 AM   #16
PennStateM3

United States

Nice subtle ride height ... should of come from the factory like this! the spacers you're getting should round things out pretty good!

KWv2's, Rogue RSM, Rogue RTAB (street version), K&N FIPK intake, Angel eyes, Supersprint Race Exhaust, VMR CSL Reps - hyperblack, Windscreen, JB racing lightweight flywheel + clutchmasters stage II, CDV removal

To come ... hardtop
Jump to top PennStateM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Dec-21-2009, 01:51:05 AM   #17
GJGM3
Porsche 997

United States

Agreed. I'm sure it'll work out.

I used to have a full race exhaust then parted the car out, then decided to keep it. Fortunately I kept my OEM parts like I did with the hood, bumper, rear exhaust panel. The muffler is OEM but the tips are EuroSport Design dual wall stainless steel tips. A lot of guys have gone back to OEM and then put these on. They're 3" and they look so good and are very durable. I've had mine now for quite a while and they're still in excellent shape.

I should've cut them down but when I got them I realized I didn't have the right type of blade or anything with power to cut through them. Figure at stainless steel they're pretty stout. Anyway, believe it or not they're pretty much the same length as OEM, just look to stick out more given the size.

I have a DIY and pictures are posted later in the thread on step by step.

Vendor Link to Product
http://www.eurosportdesign.com/p-256...aust-tips.aspx

DIY Link

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...n+exhaust+tips

Here's a link to my journal in case you have any questions on mods you might have interest in:

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=152063

Miss the M3 ASA Boost

Old Mon, Dec-21-2009, 02:32:18 AM   #18
Hu///mmell

In the garage:

United States

Thanks man, will definitely be checking you out...love your car.
Old Mon, Dec-21-2009, 03:15:37 AM   #19
GJGM3
Porsche 997

United States

Thanks bro. Let me know if I can help.

Miss the M3 ASA Boost

Old Mon, Dec-21-2009, 04:58:08 AM   #20
MikeS123

United States

Did you leave the spring pads in or out? I want to go with the Eibach's as well, I just wish it dropped the front a little more.