BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > Audio/In Car Entertainment (I.C.E.)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Audio/In Car Entertainment (I.C.E.) Place to discuss sights and sounds.

Closed Thread

Old Thu, Jan-24-2008, 04:04:14 AM   #21
tom @ eas
M3Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androoos View Post
Tom,

I have some questions before placing an order:

1. Are you going to have a DIY up on your site showing install of the radio interface unit, complete with removal of the dash trim and factory head unit? It would be very helpful. I'm nervous when it comes to messing with the dash, based on past experience with non-BMWs.
Yes - or we have instructions we can send to you now. Since you have NAV - the monitor is not touched.

Quote:
2. I want to clarify, the radio interface model is definetely compatible with the Business CD in a 2002 M3, nav is not required?
On NAV-equipped radios, the tuner is in the trunk. the monitor is only a monitor. You'll need the trunk interface kit in order to equipped the DICE to your M3.

Quote:
3. Is there a specific way to route the cables so that everything fits behind the dash and the dock connector runs through the hole into the glovebox? The cable bundle looks pretty bulky, that's why I'm asking. I haven't had the head unit out of this car yet (can you tell?) so I don't know how much space is back there.

Thanks in advance for your help - and look for an order from me soon. I think this is the answer to my dreams!
We have tutorials at the following links:

http://www.europeanautosource.com/su...nter/index.php

Let me know if you have any further questions.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Jan-30-2008, 10:42:07 PM   #22
hoonk

I have a dice unit a couple of years old and it has always suffered with the "little volume dip" at the beginning of each song. It seems this occurs when the text info is transmitted to the nav screen. I have tried the reboot/installation procedure multiple times and finally gave up. I flipped a couple of the dip switches on the side of the dice and this gives me music with no "little volume dip" but no text on the nav screen.

My question is : does this new silverline dice unit solve the "little volume dip"

Thanks
Old Thu, Jan-31-2008, 02:08:36 AM   #23
rukidinme

Default Problems - Nav - ipod - Silverline

Tom,

I just installed the Silverline unit I ordered from you. I have a 2005 M3 with Navigation. I cannot get the radio controls to control the ipod. If I set both the dip switches to ON, I can get the ipod to work, but not with switches in any other position. I disconnected the battery cables, etc., but no change. I am using a ipod classic 160g with the most recent update. I also reset the ipod by holding the menu and center button.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.
Old Thu, Jan-31-2008, 06:27:38 PM   #24
tom @ eas
M3Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoonk View Post
I have a dice unit a couple of years old and it has always suffered with the "little volume dip" at the beginning of each song. It seems this occurs when the text info is transmitted to the nav screen. I have tried the reboot/installation procedure multiple times and finally gave up. I flipped a couple of the dip switches on the side of the dice and this gives me music with no "little volume dip" but no text on the nav screen.

My question is : does this new silverline dice unit solve the "little volume dip"

Thanks
Yes - this was actually covered in the prior version in a firmware update.

Old Thu, Jan-31-2008, 06:29:30 PM   #25
tom @ eas
M3Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rukidinme View Post
Tom,

I just installed the Silverline unit I ordered from you. I have a 2005 M3 with Navigation. I cannot get the radio controls to control the ipod. If I set both the dip switches to ON, I can get the ipod to work, but not with switches in any other position. I disconnected the battery cables, etc., but no change. I am using a ipod classic 160g with the most recent update. I also reset the ipod by holding the menu and center button.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.
All 4 DIP switches should remain in the OFF position (UP). Perform the following steps exactly to reinitialize the system:

1. Disconnect iPod from cable
2. Remove battery cables, negative first
3. Touch battery cable terminals together (away from battery) for +5 seconds, a small spark is normal as this is stored power draining from the system.
4. Allow cables to remain disconnected for about 5-7 minutes
5. Reconnect battery cables onto battery, negative last.
6. Reboot iPod by pressing on MENU and CENTER buttons for +5 seconds and then reconnecting to the DICE cable after the reboot process is completed.

This should get you up and running, if not - contact me directly and we'll troubleshoot further.

Old Mon, Feb-18-2008, 01:20:42 AM   #26
mmdpkaaa

United States

i have an e46 M3 convertible with factory widescreen NAV. Is it possible to just install all this equipment (including the ipod) in the trunk and not have to route any wires through to the front of the car?
Old Mon, Feb-18-2008, 07:57:37 PM   #27
tom @ eas
M3Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdpkaaa View Post
i have an e46 M3 convertible with factory widescreen NAV. Is it possible to just install all this equipment (including the ipod) in the trunk and not have to route any wires through to the front of the car?
Absolutely - since all control is performed via the steering wheel/radio buttons, placement of the iPod is no longer an issue.

Old Mon, Feb-18-2008, 08:20:13 PM   #28
mmdpkaaa

United States

how does it connect to the steering wheel from the trunk? sorry im a novice when it comes to these things...
Old Mon, Feb-18-2008, 09:07:35 PM   #29
tom @ eas
M3Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdpkaaa View Post
how does it connect to the steering wheel from the trunk? sorry im a novice when it comes to these things...
The DICE will use the CD Changer connections in the trunk, which is controlled by the radio and/or steering wheel. Since you are using factory wiring and we are emulating the factory CD Changer - these options are readily available.

Old Mon, Feb-18-2008, 09:10:00 PM   #30
mmdpkaaa

United States

gotcha. so which is better, the dice or the intravee II?
Closed Thread