BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Fri, Aug-04-2017, 01:14:19 AM   #21
Braymond141

United States

Default Re: Potential Radiator Enhancements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluptgm3 View Post
LOL!!! The warranty is limited 1 year, I tried that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There is nothing stating that the bearings, or any part, is excluded from the lifetime warranty. There is also no mention of any 1-year related warranty. Are you sure you’re talking about the right product? You seem to get lost in the For Sale section quite often so it’s hard to take you seriously.

1996 M3 Journal | MSportParts
Jump to top Braymond141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Aug-04-2017, 03:42:12 AM   #22
TheJDub-E36

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
There is nothing stating that the bearings, or any part, is excluded from the lifetime warranty. There is also no mention of any 1-year related warranty. Are you sure you’re talking about the right product? You seem to get lost in the For Sale section quite often so it’s hard to take you seriously.

It is limited but if you read what it's limited to and don't do any of those things (underdrive pulley) you should be good...
Jump to top TheJDub-E36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-04-2017, 05:01:54 AM   #23
Braymond141

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJDub-E36 View Post
It is limited but if you read what it's limited to and don't do any of those things (underdrive pulley) you should be good...
Yes, I understand that. Limited means there are things that can exclude you from utilizing the Lifetime warranty. I still don’t understand where he came up with 1 year and was that the only factor in his warranty denial. The website says nothing about a 1 year warranty on “x”.

Old Fri, Aug-04-2017, 03:06:56 PM   #24
bluptgm3

United States

Quote:
Yes, I understand that. Limited means there are things that can exclude you from utilizing the Lifetime warranty. I still don’t understand where he came up with 1 year and was that the only factor in his warranty denial. The website says nothing about a 1 year warranty on “x”.

Disclaimer on Stewart website - "for a period of one year from the actual date of purchase, repair or replace the product."

https://stewartcomponents.com/index....formation_id=3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top bluptgm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-04-2017, 03:33:02 PM   #25
propchef
Toodle-oo Motherf**kers

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Looks like they've changed their warranty somewhat. Sucks because I have a Stewart too.

Quote:
For over 25+ years, Stewart has focused on the development and production of high performance water pumps, resulting in innovations like special high-strength castings, larger flow passages, more efficient impellers, and stronger bearings. Every Stewart pump is hand-assembled and includes a one-year guarantee.
It also says this:
Quote:
Stewart guarantees that its products are free from defects in faulty workmanship and defective materials only if it is determined to Stewart's sole satisfaction that the products are, and have been subjected to, ordinary use and service and have been properly installed by the purchaser (see tag attached to product). If any product fails to conform to these warranties Stewart will, at its sole option and as its sole and exclusive liability hereunder, for a period of one year from the actual date of purchase, repair or replace the product.
But the e36 pump says this:
Quote:
Subject to the terms, conditions, and limitations set forth in this Limited Warranty, Engineered Machined Products, Inc. (“EMP”) warrants to the original retail purchaser of the pump only (hereinafter the “Buyer”) that its replacement pump(s) (hereinafter the “Product”) manufactured for the M50/52/54 and the S50/52 6 cylinder engines which include the following:
E36 chassis 1991-1999 320,325,328,323 and M3 – [3 series]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllwaysLow View Post
x2 and some Chicago style pizza
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Dom View Post
He's suffered enough.
Jump to top propchef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-04-2017, 05:54:40 PM   #26
Braymond141

United States

I should not have said website as I didn’t read the entire site, only the product pageof the actual pump which makes no mention of a 1 year warranty. What a bunch of punks.

Old Fri, Aug-04-2017, 07:15:46 PM   #27
pbonsalb

I am pretty sure when I bought mine in 2006 or 2007, it was lifetime warranty. I dont know if they can change the terms on me. I figure I will live another 40 years, though my 99M3 wont make it that long and Stewart EMP might not be around to honor a warranty.
Jump to top pbonsalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-07-2017, 12:56:59 PM   #28
HoonCrepe

In the garage:

United States

Okay so I started to do the cooling system refresh this past weekend. I know the previous owner already did a pretty extensive one though I am not entirely sure how much he did. I will probably forgo some parts based on how they look. It took me 4 hours jut to get to the drain plug on the radiator. I I had to remove the headlights and the wheel liners to remove the bumper to in order to remove this plastic airbox that funnels air to the aux fan. once I removed that the drain plug was exposed (aftermarket radiator and drain plug points towards the ground). Next I went to drain coolant from the engine block and the O2 sensor was in the way so I am stuck now until I can get a stubby O2 sensor wrench because the one I have now is too long and there isn't enough room to get the o2 socket and the socket wrench in there and have it seat correctly. Maybe I should just use a 7/8 wrench? Putting the bumper back together is going to suck. I have a lot of screws that I don't exactly remember where they went. I was thinking of just getting a new set of bolts for the bumper and the grill anyways. I did find however that my aux fan has no play in it. It seems like it takes more force to turn it than it should. Is this normal? I was thinking about replacing it now while the bumper is removed.
Jump to top HoonCrepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-07-2017, 02:41:17 PM   #29
LockDots

United States

Not normal. It should spin very freely by hand.
Old Tue, Aug-08-2017, 03:42:30 PM   #30
HoonCrepe

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDots View Post
Not normal. It should spin very freely by hand.
Okay, then it is obvious that I need to replace it. Thank you for the reply. This went from a mildly costly job to a bit more than expected. A new aux fan from pelican parts is around $220.
Jump to top HoonCrepe is offline   Reply With Quote