BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Tue, Feb-21-2017, 04:41:25 PM   #11
Braymond141

United States

Default Re: Allow me to reintroduce... myself

It's been a pleasure getting to know you Carlos. You have two great cars and great taste to match. That Techno has come a long way in your hands, keep doing what you're doing!

We need a proper engine bay pic (after the new powdercoated pipes are in). That post shop install pic doesn't cut it lol.

Last edited by Braymond141; Tue, Feb-21-2017 at 05:04:14 PM.
Jump to top Braymond141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Feb-21-2017, 04:49:32 PM   #12
westopher

Canada

I'm very envious. Both cars are spectacular.
Can you give any driving impressions of the e30 compared to the e36?

98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 103k and officially worthless.
Member journal. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=491859
Jump to top westopher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Feb-21-2017, 06:40:30 PM   #13
legacyej25

United States

Man your e36 is perfect. Love the look with the rims.
Old Tue, Feb-21-2017, 08:07:19 PM   #14
craac

United States

Epic. I miss my estoril badly. Will have another one day.
Old Tue, Feb-21-2017, 10:22:03 PM   #15
Baby ///M3

United States

Beautiful car!

I am curious as to why you did not pick the aftercooled setup Bray was selling. It would've made this car even more of a monster than it is.

Nevertheless. Love this car and welcome back to the E36 community.

Jon

98' ///M3 - Dakar Yellow/Black: Dinan supercharged, complete Denon/Brax audio sytem, AC Schnitzer inside and out
Jump to top Baby ///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Feb-21-2017, 11:28:31 PM   #16
Braymond141

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby ///M3 View Post
Beautiful car!

I am curious as to why you did not pick the aftercooled setup Bray was selling. It would've made this car even more of a monster than it is.

Jon
I don't remember if he and I discussed a bigger kit or not. He's actually at 8psi with the Vortech, so there was a nice boost for him over the Powerdyne. I'd almost be inclined to talk him out of the aftercooler. I like it, don't get me wrong, but it just adds more stuff to the engine bay. If he ever wanted to do a head refresh, studs, 10psi +... then I'd definitely say do it.

The E36 is probably a monster even in the summer compared to the E30 powerband
Jump to top Braymond141 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Feb-21-2017, 11:46:01 PM   #17
Evtron

In the garage:

United States

Yeah no contest.

OP you're living my dream. Very nice stable you have there!

E36 M3 Sedan Journal
Jump to top Evtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Feb-21-2017, 11:57:20 PM   #18
c_tejuco

In the garage:

Philippines

Appreciate the warm welcome, gang. =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Wow, congratulations!! I didn't realize that car was sold, I enjoyed reading his thread. But now looking at this one, I have to say I need to go give my TV some attention to make it shine like yours! Yours is so perfectly modded.

Question: Now that you've had all these awesome M3's, what drew you to the E36 for a second time (especially at the expense of that gorgeous E46)?

Congrats and welcome back to the Techno gang! They're so hard to find these days, which makes me really scared to lose mine the way you did yours the first time.
Thanks for the kind words, my man! Techno is my absolute favorite color on the E36, so was pretty lucky to stumble upon this one. Re: what drew me back to the E36, it was a couple things, actually:

1) nostalgia and getting a shot at building it the way i had originally envisioned it. it left a horrible taste in my mouth when i parted with the first one, especially since it was never on my own terms. truth is, i'd probably still own it had i not gotten into that accident. the other piece is that when i owned my first one, i was still really just getting on my feet with no real means to build it the way i really wanted to. this time around is a bit different, and now is the perfect time to do it as my wife and i don't have kids. yet..

2) i personally like the smaller and lighter feel of the E36 vs. the E46. it feels much more neutral at the limit, and now that it's got a bit more power than my first one, it's like getting the best of both worlds. that's not to say i don't love the E46, i just love the E36 a little bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awdrogtfo View Post
I was wondering when I would see these on the internet. I have seen these in the garage where I work and absolutely shit myself when I came across them..

Most perfect e30/36 duo I've seen in person!
Whoa! Didn't realize there was someone who worked @ GW on these boards! Appreciate the kind words, especially when taking into consideration some of the great cars I've seem come through GW's doors. Hit me up next time you see me in, would love to put a face to the screen name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braymond141 View Post
It's been a pleasure getting to know you Carlos. You have two great cars and great taste to match. That Techno has come a long way in your hands, keep doing what you're doing!

We need a proper engine bay pic (after the new powdercoated pipes are in). That post shop install pic doesn't cut it lol.
Ha - fair call out, my man. Looking forward to the next time we sync up, and even more so, looking forward to when I get to see your E36 in person..

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I'm very envious. Both cars are spectacular.
Can you give any driving impressions of the e30 compared to the e36?
Appreciate the kind words. Your car is incredibly clean too, and pretty much all of your IG shots on the E36 stop my thumb right in its tracks. Re: driving impressions - tough to encompass all of the differences, but here are my top-line thoughts:

-E30: very slow by today's standards, a crap shoot to drive in traffic, but when you get it above 4k RPM, the driving experience is hard to beat. [anything below 4k RPM and it moves like a bus] the combination of lighter weight, high-strung engine, and flat cornering really give you a visceral feeling when driving it. Net/net - it's an enjoyable car so long as you've got the space to really push it. the other cool part is getting thumbs up on the street from a wide range of passer-bys; i get waves from older and younger crowds driving everything from civics to GT3s.

-E36: much more comfortable and way more usable power on tap - which is great for the bay area traffic i commute in. Overall, this is a much more fun car for me, and one in which I don't feel like I have to beat the piss out of it to really get it moving. I also like how it flies a bit more under the radar vs. the E30 and E46 in terms of attention despite the color, wing, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby ///M3 View Post
Beautiful car!

Jon
I struggled with this BIG TIME, and honestly, still do to a certain extent. The reality is, I'm pretty conservative when it comes to how much I want to push my cars when it comes to achieving high HP numbers, and while the aftercooled kit was reliable and tested, it's always my luck that things will break if I start to push the boundaries. I didn't want this to be that case. =) That said, I did opt for the 8psi set up, so the car does give a nice little push in the rear compared to the 6.5psi set up i was running before.

Last edited by c_tejuco; Thu, Feb-23-2017 at 07:11:44 AM.
Jump to top c_tejuco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Feb-22-2017, 02:35:44 AM   #19
Technician_Dude
1999 M3

United States

Dang, awesome cars and even better taste in wheels!
Jump to top Technician_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Feb-22-2017, 05:24:55 AM   #20
usedunderwear

United States

Great story and cars
Jump to top usedunderwear is offline   Reply With Quote