BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006) > Coding and Tuning
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Coding and Tuning Discuss all avenues of coding and tuning here!

Old Fri, Aug-11-2017, 06:31:09 PM   #691
JAVI'S M3

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: MSS52 / MSS54 / MSS54HP Binary Modification Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
There are 3-levels of aggressiveness for the burble-pop. Never tried them so I don't know how aggressive they are yet. I run MartynT's tool on my Mac. Just need to run iit on a free virtual machine. You can download both Windows XP and Windows 10 for free directly from Microsoft's website. I use that virtual machine on my Mac for all coding and disgnostics.

Oh ok, I didn't know, I just saw a check box for the burble and pop, how do you adjust the levels? I'm not good at coding.
Jump to top JAVI'S M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Aug-11-2017, 08:10:33 PM   #692
Dr M3an M3
Why does everyone think my name is Dan? lol

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVI'S M3 View Post
Oh ok, I didn't know, I just saw a check box for the burble and pop, how do you adjust the levels? I'm not good at coding.
There is an update to the tool (via collaboration with BuildJournal) that provides this. (updates are free to those with current licenses to the software BTW).
See these posts:
Seems plenty aggressive! That's the standard Burble-Pop by the way (not the updated BuildJournal one which has 3 levels of aggression)

"Relevent to those looking for flames"
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showt...=558979&page=2
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=558979

I need some recommendations and I am hoping someone on here can shed some light onto this...
I will be installing my Supersprint V1 Stepped headers in the next week-or-so. Eventually I plan to get a custom performance dyno tune (McChip via Performance Eurowerks) but will hold off on this tune until I have my CSL Airbox (maybe even cams?)...My question is, I want to take the most advantage of performance and the new V1 Stepped headers as possible during this time in between (before going the custom dyno tune route). This leads me to either flash the Evolve (stage 1 or stage 2) tune (as available upon purchase using MartynT's tool, or the 'B-Spec' tune as available through BuildJournal and MartynT (ECUwerks). I already have the programs and tools necessary, I just need to decide on which license to purchase between these two canned-tune options. Which of these two would you choose and why? What are the differences between the two and which will show the most gains with stepped V1 headers and a stock airbox?

Many thanks in advance!!

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, KW V3 Coilovers, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Upcoming Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers MEGA thread, CSL Airbox...others in the works.
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Street DD friendly Camber Plates compatible with KW V3 Coilovers
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Aug-11-2017, 08:52:38 PM   #693
JAVI'S M3

In the garage:

United States

Sweet! Thanks for the info guys.
Jump to top JAVI'S M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Aug-12-2017, 01:09:27 PM   #694
simer
///M3 Addict

In the garage:

France

Is someone can confirm me that I have to change the "SMG Final Drive Swap" to 3.91 even if I don't have a SMG?

And what is the good software that will allow me to correct the speedometer?

Thanks for your help guys!
Jump to top simer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Aug-12-2017, 01:15:57 PM   #695
cossie1

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by simer View Post
Is someone can confirm me that I have to change the "SMG Final Drive Swap" to 3.91 even if I don't have a SMG?

And what is the good software that will allow me to correct the speedometer?

Thanks for your help guys!
No you don't need to change it if your car does not have SMG.

You need PA Soft 1.4 (bmw scanner) to correct the speedometer
Jump to top cossie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Aug-13-2017, 01:46:59 AM   #696
JamesSJ1

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
Wait...if you change the final drive ratio it shouldn't affect ABS or TC because that is measuring slippage vs other wheels. If you install short gears, the front wheels will still turn the same speed relative to the rear wheels.

I would think you need to change the FD ratio in cases where you are changing the tire outer diameter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This might be SMG specific, so may not affect manual tranny. Manual tranny guys or people smarter than I about his need to confirm.

ABS / TC accounts for an acceptable range of RPM relative to each wheel's spin. If ABS sees the rear tires moving too slowly due to a 3.91 or 4.x final drive ratio, relative to the engine RPM, it will put you into limp mode since it senses something is wrong. This might be something built solely into the SMG system, but maybe not since it is part of the TC system too.
Jump to top JamesSJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Aug-14-2017, 07:04:29 AM   #697
MartynT

In the garage:

United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1 View Post
No you don't need to change it if your car does not have SMG.

You need PA Soft 1.4 (bmw scanner) to correct the speedometer
This!
Jump to top MartynT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-16-2017, 07:26:58 AM   #698
MFNATIK

United States

Anyone is SoCal that can help me get this coded? Really hating the lazy downshifts of the stock software. I can come to you
2002 525iT M Sport
Jump to top MFNATIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-16-2017, 11:09:24 AM   #699
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFNATIK View Post
Anyone is SoCal that can help me get this coded? Really hating the lazy downshifts of the stock software. I can come to you
This software lets you do it yourself, via an idiot proof interface, for dirt cheap. No need to go to anyone!

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, Wife's 6mt NA RWD e91, 04 M3 wagon
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-16-2017, 12:33:53 PM   #700
Bert ///M3

Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSJ1 View Post
This might be SMG specific, so may not affect manual tranny. Manual tranny guys or people smarter than I about his need to confirm.

ABS / TC accounts for an acceptable range of RPM relative to each wheel's spin. If ABS sees the rear tires moving too slowly due to a 3.91 or 4.x final drive ratio, relative to the engine RPM, it will put you into limp mode since it senses something is wrong. This might be something built solely into the SMG system, but maybe not since it is part of the TC system too.
It should only affect SMG cars for that part.

But saying that, I would change it anyway since the DME might have other features that rely on that calculation. That is unknown until someone has the entire program code.

In the S50B32 MSS50 topic somebody has estabilished that these gearing parameters do actually influence certain things like acceleration enrichment if I'm not mistaken. So if you are using the utility already, worth giving it a go.
Jump to top Bert ///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote