BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Tue, Mar-17-2015, 06:57:49 PM   #1
TTFS
M3Forum Sponsor

United States

Default Introducing Tuning Tech by Frank Smith Map Switching and E85 Conversion

Introducing Tuning Tech by Frank Smith Map Switching and E85 Conversion

Map Switching for MSS54|MSS54HP

TTFS is proud to announce in the very near future we will be offering map switching for our MSS54|MSS54HP (E46 M3) market. This is a product announcement thread to get the community's feet wet on some new projects we have in the works. Without going into extreme detail the map switching will allow switching between 2 maps on the MSS54 ECU and switching between 5 maps on the MSS54HP ECU. Switching between maps will be done while stopped through the cruise control. The map you are in will also be displayed on the instrument cluster. You will default to the last map you were on when you first turn your vehicle on similar to Sport button memory. If you have the MSS54HP ECU for example you can set your maps for stock map, 91 octane, 93 octane, valet, and so on. You choose what you want your maps to be. Again this is an announcement thread. We may add to this and/or change some things as we get ready to release this feature. We will update this thread with information, pictures, and videos as we have it available.

E85 Conversion Kits

TTFS is also proud to announce our E85 conversion kits for the MSS54|MSS54HP NA and FI markets. TTFS will be offering a kit which consists of a TTFS E85 compatible fuel pump and hose for NA vehicles. The stock fuel injectors will remain for the NA kits.

NA E85 Kit

The kit for the FI vehicles is identical to the NA kit the only difference is the FI kit will have larger fuel injectors.

FI E85 Kit

TTFS is announcing the E85 conversion kits along with the map switching at the same time because they go hand in hand. One of the maps you can set to is E85. This is especially nice for those of you who would like some extra power but may not necessarily want it all the time. For example for the consumers that track there vehicles. This extra power at the track would be a huge plus. Especially CA residents who do not have the option of 93 octane. The TTFS conversion kit is not limited to E85 fuel only. You can run race fuel with this set up and also select that as one of your maps. The possibilities are great with these two projects we are working on. We will have dyno graphs in the near future for you to see the delta from 93 octane to E85. Stay tuned!
Jump to top TTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Mar-17-2015, 07:01:28 PM   #2
CharlaybitM3
I dont like DSC

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Introducing Tuning Tech by Frank Smith Map Switching and E85 Conversion

@ E85 kit....

"Not putting miles on your M3 is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend..." -Someone Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
I like it on mine, tips didn't line up perfect, but good enough. Its off a newer car that makes more power so I know it makes more power on my car.

You can make a custom flange to connect it to your stock header with JB weld.

Sound is an 8/10, I was expecting it to sound like a V8 since its a V8 exhaust. It doesn't, anybody know why this is? Does it have to do with how I installed it?
Jump to top CharlaybitM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-17-2015, 07:03:15 PM   #3
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

Default Re: Introducing Tuning Tech by Frank Smith Map Switching and E85 Conversion

wow wow much want
Jump to top HassanEido is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-17-2015, 07:05:55 PM   #4
PRO.

United States

niceeeee.

Does E85 get more MPGs than 93?

ig: @theaccredited
Jump to top PRO. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-17-2015, 07:13:08 PM   #5
CharlaybitM3
I dont like DSC

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRO. View Post
niceeeee.

Does E85 get more MPGs than 93?
No less. Alcohol is less energy dense than petrol so you need more volume hence decreasing MPG. BUT it burns MUCH cooler thus letting you run more timing and make more HP.

"Not putting miles on your M3 is like not having sex with your girlfriend so she'll be more desirable to her next boyfriend..." -Someone Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
I like it on mine, tips didn't line up perfect, but good enough. Its off a newer car that makes more power so I know it makes more power on my car.

You can make a custom flange to connect it to your stock header with JB weld.

Sound is an 8/10, I was expecting it to sound like a V8 since its a V8 exhaust. It doesn't, anybody know why this is? Does it have to do with how I installed it?
Jump to top CharlaybitM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-17-2015, 08:08:36 PM   #6
Brian N
wubalubadubdub

In the garage:

United States

Wow very cool stuff going on over there. Can't wait to hear more.

-My Journal-
Jump to top Brian N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-17-2015, 08:15:33 PM   #7
Drewster

In the garage:

United States

What sort of HP does running an E85 tune give?
Jump to top Drewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-17-2015, 08:40:16 PM   #8
Vox Populi

United States

How will the map switching be different than what Paffy and msstuning has been offering?

Build Thread
Jump to top Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-17-2015, 09:32:42 PM   #9
p0lar
Naturally Agitated

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
How will the map switching be different than what Paffy and msstuning has been offering?
I'm speaking on TTFS's behalf, but I suspect it will be bundled with advanced mechanical and technical support and backed by advanced E85 (or alternate fuel in general) tuning experience, not to mention unique product development for the platform.

This is a win across the board for E46 M3 owners!
Jump to top p0lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Mar-17-2015, 09:56:49 PM   #10
maruscmn

United States

So much want!
Jump to top maruscmn is offline   Reply With Quote