BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Tue, Dec-04-2018, 10:50:23 PM   #1
funkyflynz

United States

Default E46 CSL seats

Guys,

Looking to get some idea of real life (not pie in the sky fantasy) costs for some CSL seats, obviously used ones as I believe all the new ones that were in stock have been sold. Looking for front and rear. Ive seen some old posts with prices ranging from $3000 to somewhere around $4000 USD. Is this pricing still about right do you think? Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Jump to top funkyflynz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Dec-04-2018, 11:01:53 PM   #2
///M3 MD

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: E46 CSL seats

They keep getting more rare, Iíve seen fronts sell for $4k+ alone recently. Good luck finding a set, let alone a cheap set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2002 Carbon Black/Black 6MT ///M3
Mods: (Mike Miller Maintenance schedule) - Euro Headers - Resonated Section 1 - Dinan Section 3
TTFS Custom Tune
Autosolutions 30% SSK - RE Poly Trans mounts - AKG Poly diff bushings, RTABs and FCABs
Dinan 'Stage 1' Suspension

Jump to top ///M3 MD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Dec-04-2018, 11:40:46 PM   #3
C///M

United States

If I had to guess, $7k would be bare minimum for a set that's in 'ok' shape. They go up from there the nicer the condition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyflynz View Post
Guys,

Looking to get some idea of real life (not pie in the sky fantasy) costs for some CSL seats, obviously used ones as I believe all the new ones that were in stock have been sold. Looking for front and rear. Ive seen some old posts with prices ranging from $3000 to somewhere around $4000 USD. Is this pricing still about right do you think? Any advice or help would be appreciated.
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Jump to top C///M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-05-2018, 12:22:57 AM   #4
cozmo kraemer

United States

I have seen them in the $5-7k range, depending on condition. I know if I went to sell mine I would definitely start up at that $7k number. I have had probably 20 people reach out to me wanting to buy them since I've owned them. Supply definitely does not equal demand.

I know that is crazy number for a car this old, but certain CSL parts have some ridiculous value. I know those seats are probably my favorite part of my car.
2004 E46M3 - BBS RGR - RE11, BMW Motorsport 3.91, Eibach Pro Street S Coilovers (500/600), GC plates, Swaintech coated SSV1 Headers/SS catted/resonated section 1, Karbonious CSL intake, Shrick 280/272 cams, CSL DME Conversion, TTFS tune, OEM CSL front and rear seats

2010 - X5 4.8 Msport - the boring daily driver

My Journal
Jump to top cozmo kraemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-05-2018, 12:39:42 AM   #5
daytonaviolet
OEM CSL Whoore

In the garage:

Philippines

i concur with Kraemer

Tischer aka GetBmwParts
Jump to top daytonaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-05-2018, 12:48:31 AM   #6
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

I'm pretty sure these can still be purchased new, unless I am mistaken. I'm certain I can buy at least one of the front seats brand new. These are on my list of CSL parts I have requested pricing on from BMW AG, so let me see if both are in fact able to be ordered. I'm sure quantity on these are low if they have more in stock. If you find them in good condition for $4K each, buy them up. They typically sell for like $5-7K from I've seen as Cosmo mentioned. I think that is even around what BMW would charge for them (each) to be honest.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Both Karbonius and Streamline CSL Airboxes, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-05-2018, 02:47:05 AM   #7
Duck360198

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
I'm pretty sure these can still be purchased new, unless I am mistaken. I'm certain I can buy at least one of the front seats brand new. These are on my list of CSL parts I have requested pricing on from BMW AG, so let me see if both are in fact able to be ordered. I'm sure quantity on these are low if they have more in stock. If you find them in good condition for $4K each, buy them up. They typically sell for like $5-7K from I've seen as Cosmo mentioned. I think that is even around what BMW would charge for them (each) to be honest.
I feel like I hear conflicting reports about the availability of the seats. One minute they're available, then they're not, etc. I'll be curious to hear what you come up with.

I had a highly modified car that I parted out and after all the sales, the seats were the last thing I had. I couldn't let them go. They are just spectacular and amazing to experience when driving around. Worth every single penny in my opinion.
Jump to top Duck360198 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-05-2018, 05:49:40 AM   #8
Texaz3

United States

They are seats. Amazing as they might be, $7K is a crazy number to spend on seats for a 12+ year-old car worth about twice as much.
Jump to top Texaz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-05-2018, 06:02:19 AM   #9
Paulo M

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaz3 View Post
They are seats. Amazing as they might be, $7K is a crazy number to spend on seats for a 12+ year-old car worth about twice as much.
Agreed, but any respectable mod is crazy for our cars considering itís price and age. At this point, any quality mod you do is for the love of your car. Logic goes out the window lol

Also these seats hold their value. You can sell them for how much you paid for them if not more in the future.
Old Wed, Dec-05-2018, 06:03:21 AM   #10
HassanEido

In the garage:

Lebanon

Would love me some csl seats.

Mods:
-Custom CF airbox
-SSV2 catless headers(with a modified collector extention), Custom 2.5" dual sec1, Custom sec2 2.5" dual with e9xM X pipe, SuperSprint Race inspired custom section 3..
-Cat Cams 280 272.
-Custom dyno tune
-Tms pulleys and electric fan conversion
368.4 whp 289.1 wtq

Custom exhaust thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=569086
Cams thread and dyno http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=554439
Custom cf airbox thread http://m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=595180
Why not to use after market bearings with surfacetreatments and /or increased clearance
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...4&postcount=10
Jump to top HassanEido is online now   Reply With Quote