BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Wed, Dec-05-2018, 12:00:45 AM   #11
ZaqCapone
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 4
Reputation: 0 ZaqCapone is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Looking for the previous owner of a '01 Titan Silber Coupe (JR11666)

If they put that stick on csl spoiler, i doubt they did any major maintenance. Just my .02
Jump to top ZaqCapone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Dec-05-2018, 12:05:48 AM   #12
simon_c
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,481
Reputation: 0 simon_c is on a distinguished road
Location: SF Bay Area

United States




Default Re: Looking for the previous owner of a '01 Titan Silber Coupe (JR11666)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
yeah suspension etc maintenance items are a clear thing, i'm more interested in (for example) were the rod bearings ever done? or maybe they were done semi-recently?
Rod bearing recall would only show up if done by the dealership. Likely it was addressed early on but records would not show that it was done recently since you have 192k miles. If it was done recently it would've been done by the PO himself/herself or by a indy shop which would not show on any records.

Just run an oil analysis (although I'd do an oil change first and then run it for 3-5K miles before I ran the analysis) and that should give you an idea of the general condition of the rod bearings.
__________________
2004 M3 - Alpine White | Impluse Cloth | 6MT
2002 M3 - Alpine White | Cinnamon | 6MT (past)
Jump to top simon_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-05-2018, 01:39:20 AM   #13
Lawrence1
BF.c alumnus
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 447
Reputation: 0 Lawrence1 is on a distinguished road
Location: Sacramento

United States




Default Re: Looking for the previous owner of a '01 Titan Silber Coupe (JR11666)

If you dont mind me asking, what did this car cost you delivered in switzerland including fees, transportation, taxes and registration? Obviously prior to any repairs.
Jump to top Lawrence1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-06-2018, 03:49:36 PM   #14
fifi
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 4
Reputation: 0 fifi is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Looking for the previous owner of a '01 Titan Silber Coupe (JR11666)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaqCapone View Post
If they put that stick on csl spoiler, i doubt they did any major maintenance. Just my .02
yeah, not really my taste aswell, will be replaced with a stock trunk/lip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_c View Post
Rod bearing recall would only show up if done by the dealership. Likely it was addressed early on but records would not show that it was done recently since you have 192k miles. If it was done recently it would've been done by the PO himself/herself or by a indy shop which would not show on any records.

Just run an oil analysis (although I'd do an oil change first and then run it for 3-5K miles before I ran the analysis) and that should give you an idea of the general condition of the rod bearings.
Oil Analysis is a good idea, haven't thought of that. Hopefully it won't crap on me in the first 3-5k miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawrence1 View Post
If you dont mind me asking, what did this car cost you delivered in switzerland including fees, transportation, taxes and registration? Obviously prior to any repairs.
The car just arrived so it's hard to tell for sure yet. I'll keep it to myself for the time being.

Anyway, I guess finding the previous owner will be harder than I imagined, so could somebody with dealer record access please look into it and let me know what shows up? Would help me out a lot!
Thanks
Jump to top fifi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:21:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing Looking for the previous owner of a '01 Titan Silber Coupe (JR11666) in the E46 M3 (2001-2006) Forum - Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006. at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)