BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Nov-17-2018, 03:28:49 PM   #701
AmpTree

Malaysia

Default Re: Comprehensive SMG to 6MT Conversion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbrahimM3 View Post
I didn‘t do any wiring but you wont have cruise control working when you don‘t do the wiring.
did you mean that you just left pin2 hanging? was thinking to do the same tho..
Jump to top AmpTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Dec-01-2018, 03:23:40 PM   #702
AmpTree

Malaysia

can anyone assist me on the programming? i have everything done correctly (i think including the the PDC wiring and the control)

my u-joint is gone, so currently just waiting to fix my drive shaft before i can test out the car.

once the full conversion was done, i was able to start the car, but only with the SMG computer connected. But then, even after programming was done via WinKFP, the car will only start with the SMG computer connected. Car will not start if i disconnect the SMG wiring. I have triple confirm that programming was flashed correctly using WinKFP and Martyn's tool.

I then tried to re-flash to another manual program, and now the car totally wont start even with or without the SMG computer connected.

All modules have been removed of SMG codes (AKMB, ALSZ, MK60)

Can anyone help me? Many thanks
Old Tue, Dec-04-2018, 02:42:24 PM   #703
AmpTree

Malaysia

I reflashed back to my original smg file and then flashing back to manual afterwards following all the steps but to no avail. Also done resetting EWS and cleared all fault codes in every module I could clear and resetting adaptations multiple times as well but still couldn’t get the car to crank. Any help guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Thu, Dec-06-2018, 09:24:57 PM   #704
RedOctober330

United States

Does anyone know any good shops in the Northeast to have this done? This is honestly well above my mechanical knowledge but the SMG I just picked up is too perfect to NOT swap.
Jump to top RedOctober330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-07-2018, 02:26:37 PM   #705
suss1173

In the garage:

United States

There’s several that could do this. If your in the tr-state area (NY-NJ-CT) area, shoot me a PM and I’ll give you some recommendations

Michael S.
Jump to top suss1173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-07-2018, 03:56:27 PM   #706
RedOctober330

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by suss1173 View Post
There’s several that could do this. If your in the tr-state area (NY-NJ-CT) area, shoot me a PM and I’ll give you some recommendations

Michael S.

Thanks Mike!!! PMed you.
Jump to top RedOctober330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-07-2018, 05:36:40 PM   #707
Kenny167

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmpTree View Post
can anyone assist me on the programming? i have everything done correctly (i think including the the PDC wiring and the control)

my u-joint is gone, so currently just waiting to fix my drive shaft before i can test out the car.

once the full conversion was done, i was able to start the car, but only with the SMG computer connected. But then, even after programming was done via WinKFP, the car will only start with the SMG computer connected. Car will not start if i disconnect the SMG wiring. I have triple confirm that programming was flashed correctly using WinKFP and Martyn's tool.

I then tried to re-flash to another manual program, and now the car totally wont start even with or without the SMG computer connected.

All modules have been removed of SMG codes (AKMB, ALSZ, MK60)

Can anyone help me? Many thanks
I suggest you get INPA loaded, and view the EWS status, and check all of the different switches that would need to be enabled to start the car. There's the clutch switch and the key checks that need to be cleared, otherwhise it won't start. I can't think of anything other than this that would cause you to not even be able to crank the engine...
Jump to top Kenny167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-07-2018, 11:12:54 PM   #708
AmpTree

Malaysia

I think I screwed up somewhere in the flashing. Now when I turn on the ignition trying to redo the flash, Fuel pump does not prime, the shift lights max out to red, and the engine temperature gauge max out to red as well. No errors in the EWS and cables are all connected. Getting error in INPA as well when checking for codes *

The only improvement I had was hard resetting the car by removing the battery for few minutes yesterday. Surprisingly manage to crank the car, but still couldn’t get the car to start. I think it’s because of the fuel pump did not prime for any fuel.

Also, I couldn’t get to reflash the car, keep getting error 211 battery voltage low. Bought a brand new charger and a brand new battery, but still getting the same error. I’m out of my wits now disconnected the battery and leave it overnight. Will try to see if any good progress or not today.

Old Sat, Dec-08-2018, 11:47:34 PM   #709
AmpTree

Malaysia

It seems like the overnight disconnection or battery doesn’t do anything

May I ask if I could just flash the 0DA files using mssflasher instead on using WinKFP? Will it make things worst? Since I can’t use WinKFP , was thinking to bypass directly by flashing the converted 0DA files to bin files. Else Need to figure out how to get around the “low battery voltage” error.