BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Wed, Nov-28-2018, 05:46:14 PM   #321
Distinct70

United States

Default Re: Designing an SMG Pump Relocation Kit

Any updates on this? Patiently waiting.
Jump to top Distinct70 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Nov-28-2018, 06:00:25 PM   #322
idntknow2005

United States

Actually yes there is. I'm actually driving home from the welding shop now. I dropped off the reservoir bracket and they are making me 20 of them. I should have them b as ck tomorrow. If I get them back tomorrow I can weld them on on and have them done this weekend.
Old Wed, Dec-05-2018, 10:58:08 PM   #323
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Small update, Ryan picked up the completed brackets today from the welding shop. In his last update above, the shop recreated our reservoir bracket via our jig so they are made for each SMG pump bracket. He welded it up and test fit it with my car which worked perfectly. With that fitment test complete, he brought both the pump bracket and reservoir bracket back to the shop and they welded them both together to form one piece. He just picked up the completed pieces today. He will be doing one final fitment test on my car in the morning, then once fitment is again, confirmed, they will be powder-coated at his in-house powder coating shop and then should be ready to be packaged up and sent to you all.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Both Karbonius and Streamline CSL Airboxes, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-05-2018, 11:06:52 PM   #324
oceansize
Kwisatz Haderach

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
Small update, Ryan picked up the completed brackets today from the welding shop. In his last update above, the shop recreated our reservoir bracket via our jig so they are made for each SMG pump bracket. He welded it up and test fit it with my car which worked perfectly. With that fitment test complete, he brought both the pump bracket and reservoir bracket back to the shop and they welded them both together to form one piece. He just picked up the completed pieces today. He will be doing one final fitment test on my car in the morning, then once fitment is again, confirmed, they will be powder-coated at his in-house powder coating shop and then should be ready to be packaged up and sent to you all.
Great news. I'm interested and had PM'd you some time back (you responded with price). I'm just waiting for this first batch to go out to make sure everything is what it should be.
Jump to top oceansize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-05-2018, 11:31:28 PM   #325
SeanE46

In the garage:

Armenia

How hard on a scale of 1-10 for the relocation?
Jump to top SeanE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-06-2018, 12:00:05 AM   #326
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansize View Post
Great news. I'm interested and had PM'd you some time back (you responded with price). I'm just waiting for this first batch to go out to make sure everything is what it should be.
Solid plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanE46 View Post
How hard on a scale of 1-10 for the relocation?
In terms of SMG relocation, no hyperbole here, our kit makes it as easy as it will ever be. I haven't officially relocated mine yet, will do it after the holiday so it's hard to put it on a scale of 1-10...Should be very low on that scale though, that was our design intentions.

It should be very easy though at this point and something for any DIYer to be able to knock out in a relatively short amount of time. We did the bulk of the work for you (designing a bracket with the proper dimensions and geometry, taking care of all the wiring for you, ect.) I am not a mechanic, Ryan is my wrench when it comes to comprehensive DIY wrenching, so If I can do it, anyone can. Honestly the bulk of the work will be uninstalling the SMG pump and then reinstalling your airbox setup.

Everything else is literally plug and play with our kit, wiring harness plugs like OE (just connect them like you would connect a plug to a wall, no "wiring" involved, we did that for you). Lines are plug and play (just match them up to the correct holes). Bracket can be installs in under a minute. Reservoir installs plug and play. The bulk of the labor is just initially getting to it since it's tucked under the intake manifold and removing it from it's initial location. As for the SMG bleeding procedure, I will document my experience with that when I relocate mine. I will be using the ECS Schwaben Scan tool for that. Now that I have confirmed that it will perform the SMG bleeding procedure, it too is easy and should be stress free without worrying about laptop connectivity, programs, ect... so it should be as easy as hooking it up to the car and pressing the buttons to initiate the procedure and letting it do its thing. On a scale of difficulty comparing all the other bullet-proofing this car requires (VANOS, Rod-Bearings, Subframe Reinforcement), this should be the easiest of them all by a large margin.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Both Karbonius and Streamline CSL Airboxes, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-06-2018, 04:11:45 PM   #327
DirtyEtzio

In the garage:

United States

I can't quite tell from the pictures I've seen....do you think you could get a cage bar through the firewall to the strut tower, with this relocated per your kit?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    BW Race Exhaust.
  • Essex AP Racing 9668 front brake kit
Jump to top DirtyEtzio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-06-2018, 06:42:42 PM   #328
Zabalzae

United States

Price for the kit?

02 M3 SMG->6MT - Tiag/Cinnamon
RK-Tunes Alpha N | Evolve Airbox | Eventuri Scoop | SGT Headers | SGT-SCZA-FRP | CPI Euro200R | RE El Diablo | APEX | AKG | PowerFlex | Beisan | TMS Reinforcement | BC | VibraTechnics | StopTech ST40 | TMS (3)Pulleys | BMW Performance SS w/ F10 knob | Bavsound |

Jump to top Zabalzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-07-2018, 09:37:22 AM   #329
Santino_PL

Poland

Great work guys on designing this owsome piece of kit for us SMG people.
As soon the info will hit on costs and avaidibility i will consider hitting the bank to make a transfer!
keep up the good work!
Jump to top Santino_PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Dec-07-2018, 03:07:36 PM   #330
M spec
Rembrandt Audio

Austria

Quote:
Originally Posted by M spec View Post
For those of us with the ABS in the bin, would you be willing to sell us just the extended lines?

Id be more than willing to share or send whomever a copy of my design after. (Going to make a bracket that moves the ABS over and holds the SMG unit.

I have zero issues with anyone replicating said bracket. Just want mine functioning before the supercharger goes on.

Again, any news on just selling the wiring and lines? Or disclosing where we can purchase the lines?
Jump to top M spec is online now   Reply With Quote