BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Wed, Dec-05-2018, 05:20:46 AM   #1411
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Streamline & Dr M3an M3's CSL Airbox Development Journal Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by HassanEido View Post
The scorpion muffler needs to go. I believe that's why it didn't make more peak power. That thing is seriously flawed
That's what I told him. Still surprising and impressive results considering that was part of the equation.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Both Karbonius and Streamline CSL Airboxes, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Dec-11-2018, 04:08:00 AM   #1412
fattycharged
can't even

In the garage:

Zimbabwe

Default Re: Streamline & Dr M3an M3's CSL Airbox Development Journal Collaboration

Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneM3 View Post
Some might think that's silly and tell you to quiet the exhaust. I'm tempted to say so because of how glorious the airbox sounds are, but you're smart to make a decision based on what you like. If you're happy with the exhaust sounds, keep the intake stock

That said, you should find an m3 with quiet exhaust and an airbox/stepped headers just to experience it and have it in your 'library" imo.

Someone give me some stepped headers and I’ll supply that video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old Wed, Dec-12-2018, 12:32:27 AM   #1413
delvin
Water Champion

United States

Just to update anyone who cares about the S-Glass box; I emailed Anthony and he said they still plan on producing one but it will be mid next year and the price difference they are hoping to achieve is 250 Euro. Not really enough to not get the carbon box IMO.

Cheers

Edit: I mis-read the email, the price now using in-house made trumpets would have been 120 Euro but he is hoping to source plastic trupets to reduce the cost somewhere around 250 Euro.

Last edited by delvin; Wed, Dec-12-2018 at 10:32:08 PM.
Jump to top delvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-12-2018, 12:50:02 AM   #1414
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by delvin View Post
Just to update anyone who cares about the S-Glass box; I emailed Anthony and he said they still plan on producing one but it will be mid next year and the price difference is 120 Euro. Not really enough to not get the carbon box IMO.

Cheers
Agreed.

Personally, for only a ~$135 usd difference on a multi-thousand dollar conversion, that is peanuts. If it were me, as a company, I wouldn't even waste my time and would just stick to the full carbon version. I can't imagine the demand for an S-Glass box would be enough to justify spending any production resources on when for $120 more you could buy a superior product from full carbon. Perhaps it would make sense to produce it if it were the same cost as an Eventuri, but even still....You have to factor in accessory parts (which add up) for this conversion over the Eventuri which can be installed on its own.

I' rather see them make a full aluminized carbon airbox (like what was seen on those special trumpets) or other "exotic" carbon fibers. But that is just me...

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Both Karbonius and Streamline CSL Airboxes, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-12-2018, 03:30:14 AM   #1415
fattycharged
can't even

In the garage:

Zimbabwe

I have a glass box, never really cared about cf for the sake of cf

Old Wed, Dec-12-2018, 03:43:16 AM   #1416
neopolymath

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattycharged View Post
I have a glass box, never really cared about cf for the sake of cf

What are the details of this?
Jump to top neopolymath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Dec-12-2018, 05:59:30 AM   #1417
fattycharged
can't even

In the garage:

Zimbabwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by neopolymath View Post
What are the details of this?

I believe there were only a handful, if that, made back in 2012ish

Old Wed, Dec-12-2018, 06:53:25 PM   #1418
M spec
Rembrandt Audio

Austria

I can snap a photo of the GOKE trumpets in a bit. If I remember, they're kinda weird looking.
Jump to top M spec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-13-2018, 12:02:27 AM   #1419
neopolymath

In the garage:

United States

Quote:

How does it sound?
Jump to top neopolymath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Dec-13-2018, 12:12:48 AM   #1420
TboneM3
YNWA

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
And who made them?

·Evolve-R Alpha N · Evolve CSL CF Airbox · Eventuri Scoop · Supersprint V1 stepped 63mm · SS V1 S pipe 63mm + 200 cell HFC · OE sect 2 60mm · SS Sport 60mm
·Besian · RE pullies/fan delete · WPC rod bearings · GroundControl S/A (Koni/Eibach 440/550) + tall RSMs · TMS Camber & Subframe plates · SPC Adj alloy rear camber arms
·RE Trans Mounts · AKG poly SUB/DIFF 95a · SDW RTAB · Weighted ///M knob + UUC DSSR + delrin carrier bush · OE CSL trunk · APEX 75mm Studs
·Sportline 8S 18"x8.5/9.5" · MPSS 245/275 · Brembo 996 36/40 345mm CSL Textar FF & 28/30 328mm CSL ATE "D738" FF · CM brackets & ss/teflon lines
·Pioneer DEH-80PRS · Eclipse PA5422 · CDT HD-6 + WS-100i · CDT EX-530 · 8" Kicker

DD/Beater: 1999 Civic LX - Kenwood x998 · PPI 1600.4 · CDT HD-6 + HD-100 · CDT EX-530 · DVC 10"
Jump to top TboneM3 is online now   Reply With Quote