BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Journals
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Journals Do you have a long term project you would like to share with the community? Use this forum to create a single thread which you can update over time to document the progress.

Old Tue, Sep-12-2017, 06:23:17 PM   #111
Sweet Jones

In the garage:

Mexico

Default Re: Jared's E46 M3 Sedan Swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by youinreverse View Post
It's a huge motivation booster for sure. I just want to get it out of the garage and on the road now. Soon!

Do you have a build thread for your S54 Touring? I'd love to read through it.
Love the Stromung! beautiful piece. I do not have a build thread as the car was in a shop for about 4 years :/ i have a few pictures but just haven't made the time to make a write up detailing all the work that's been done in the past 6 years. I'm currently dealing with adding an M3 front end to the touring right now. Have 2 sets of wheels, squared OEM 18's and 19's i want to put on. Have all of the parts necessary for the rear M3 widebody but will be going with Hard Motorsports rears for now to compliment the front until the funds to do the complete rear properly come into place.

I'll be sending all 4 fenders (2 sedan, 2 M3) to the shop soon as well as my front bumper to all be welded (fenders), fixed (bumper), and painted. Picked up another M3 core support as well as hood, headlights, and fender liners so i have some work to do in the next couple of weeks. School, kids, and a full time job keeps me pretty busy which is why my car has been a long and slow project and i get heckled by friends but as i say, no need to rush it if i want it done nice and right. Can't wait to post up all the extra parts taking up space in my garage for sale soon once the car street worthy again.

***don't mean to take over your thread but i figured you might like some pics of my car since i don't have a build thread for you to peep.

S54/6 speed, FluidMotorUnion velocity stacks, CSL cams, Swaintech coated headers, Mishimoto radiator, Alpha N tune, 4.10 diff, M3 suspension, Turner Motorsport subframe reinforcement, CSL brakes, , 2.5" SS304 Rhom Innovations exhaust.

Last edited by Sweet Jones; Tue, Sep-12-2017 at 06:31:27 PM.
Jump to top Sweet Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Sep-14-2017, 06:55:19 AM   #112
youinreverse

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Jones View Post
Can't wait to post up all the extra parts taking up space in my garage for sale soon once the car street worthy again.
Oh man, I know this feeling. Coworkers are joking that I have two and a half broken BMWs. I can't wait to get the E46 running, sell off the half a car worth of parts, and then fix the N54 wagon.

I made a lot of wiring progress tonight and I feel like I've almost got it all figured out. I've got one lingering issue that I can't seem to find in WDS. On the M3 there's a blue and black wire that runs from pin 3 on connector X11175 on the back of the instrument cluster to fuse 22 in the glovebox. There's another blue and black wire that's spliced into it but it was cut on my harness, so I can't trace it and I can't seem to find where it goes in WDS.

Any WDS wizards on here want to take a crack at it? For reference the donor M3 has a build date of 03/2001 with a manual transmission. Last 7 of the VIN is JR10952.
Jump to top youinreverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Sep-17-2017, 02:42:10 PM   #113
terraphantm

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by youinreverse View Post
Oh man, I know this feeling. Coworkers are joking that I have two and a half broken BMWs. I can't wait to get the E46 running, sell off the half a car worth of parts, and then fix the N54 wagon.

I made a lot of wiring progress tonight and I feel like I've almost got it all figured out. I've got one lingering issue that I can't seem to find in WDS. On the M3 there's a blue and black wire that runs from pin 3 on connector X11175 on the back of the instrument cluster to fuse 22 in the glovebox. There's another blue and black wire that's spliced into it but it was cut on my harness, so I can't trace it and I can't seem to find where it goes in WDS.

Any WDS wizards on here want to take a crack at it? For reference the donor M3 has a build date of 03/2001 with a manual transmission. Last 7 of the VIN is JR10952.
Is that the start signal? IIRC when I was helping Kaiv with the wiring on his wagon, we were able to leave it disconnected and there were seemingly no issues.

It looks like EWS Pin 3 is supposed to go to fuse 22:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...onics2/cNYV1LG

Last edited by terraphantm; Sun, Sep-17-2017 at 02:52:42 PM.
Jump to top terraphantm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Sep-25-2017, 06:07:14 PM   #114
youinreverse

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
Is that the start signal? IIRC when I was helping Kaiv with the wiring on his wagon, we were able to leave it disconnected and there were seemingly no issues.

It looks like EWS Pin 3 is supposed to go to fuse 22:
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...onics2/cNYV1LG
Yeah, fuse 22 is marked on the fuse card as "M3 only", so my sedan fuse block doesn't have anything there. I checked the M3 block, and the other end had a blue and black wire that I think went to the cluster. I've been checking diagrams to confirm, but can't find much. I'm pretty sure it was pin 3 on X11175, but according to the pin assignments, it goes to "Connector Volatage signal, terminal 30h" and the diagrams show it's a black and green wire coming out of that pin and it's going to X276, which doesn't pull up anything at all in WDS.

This is getting frustrating.
Old Tue, Sep-26-2017, 06:03:56 AM   #115
terraphantm

In the garage:

United States

This wiring diagram shows it as a black/blue connection going to X18820. Which doesn't pull up anything, but I'd be willing to bet that it's just a splice point.

I think it's supposed to be:
Code:
                                                 X60004 Pin 6
EWS Pin 3 -> Fuse 22 -> X18820 (Splice point) -< 
                                                 X11175 Pin 3
Old Wed, Sep-27-2017, 05:13:26 AM   #116
youinreverse

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
This wiring diagram shows it as a black/blue connection going to X18820. Which doesn't pull up anything, but I'd be willing to bet that it's just a splice point.

Code:
                                                 X60004 Pin 6
                                                 X11175 Pin 3
This looks like it might be it! I'll have to check my wiring tomorrow night.

Thanks, Terra!
Old Sat, Sep-30-2017, 04:06:09 AM   #117
youinreverse

In the garage:

United States

Quote:

Code:
                                                 X60004 Pin 6
                                                 X11175 Pin 3
I got this all hooked up. Still no start.

The only thing that confuses me about this solution is that all three of the pins show that they're outputs. That doesn't make much sense to me.
Old Sun, Oct-01-2017, 11:17:02 PM   #118
terraphantm

In the garage:

United States

I suspect the start signal is a red herring anyway, especially with EWS deleted.

Are you still unable to connect to the DME? (and if so, how did you even flash the EWS delete file?)
Old Wed, Oct-25-2017, 11:48:26 PM   #119
youinreverse

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
I suspect the start signal is a red herring anyway, especially with EWS deleted.

Are you still unable to connect to the DME? (and if so, how did you even flash the EWS delete file?)
I'm not really sure, because MSSFlasher said it was connected, so I don't know what the deal was.

My technician friend came over again and brought his ICOM. It connects to all the other modules in the car, but not the DME.

He thinks maybe it's just one or two wires out of place. I'll have to check everything over again. Maybe the DME got fried somehow?