BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Tue, Sep-05-2017, 06:06:23 PM   #51
Engrmikl

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Koyo radiator experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
I'm not sure the CSF is as evil as people think, at least in my case. I took a hard drive yesterday after a bleed/rebleed/triplebleed at 97 degrees and my temps were rock solid at 168F (I have a water temp sensor at the block, not the oem water temp sensor). I am driving Sebring this weekend (if Irma leaves me alone) so I will have a better track experience with the CSF radiator.

I think the kicker is the bleeding. But, that's my .02.
Thanks for the info. Please let me know how it runs.
And no I don't think Irma is going to leave South Fl alone. My place is in Sunrise but I am up in SC for work so going to miss the party.
Jump to top Engrmikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Sep-06-2017, 12:53:00 AM   #52
WOLFN8TR
"MONEY"

In the garage:

United States

Default Koyo radiator experience?

I will probably order one as well, that's a good price. It says it comes with a 1/8" NPT fitting. I already have the 1/8" NPT radiator hose adapter so not a deal breaker.

TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri - Sprint Booster V2
UltraGauge - Orion V4's - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - VIS XTS CF Hood - CSL Trunk - Valentine One - Turner 15F/12R Spacers
Jump to top WOLFN8TR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Sep-06-2017, 01:24:07 AM   #53
M3AT

In the garage:

United States

The part number is the same as the one I have, so either that vendor added one or their ad is wrong. Mine does not have an NPT bung.
Jump to top M3AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Sep-06-2017, 03:17:49 AM   #54
Move_Over

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engrmikl View Post
Thanks for the info. Please let me know how it runs.
And no I don't think Irma is going to leave South Fl alone. My place is in Sunrise but I am up in SC for work so going to miss the party.
No sebring for me this weekend. Event got cancelled. Hoping for the best.
Jump to top Move_Over is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Sep-06-2017, 03:22:09 AM   #55
silaciM3CS

No NPT bung on mine either
Jump to top silaciM3CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Sep-14-2017, 03:47:44 AM   #56
speeeding

United States

I installed the Koyo as well as doing a complete overhaul of the cooling system(hoses, fan switch, t-stat, water pump, fan clutch, expansion tank). I'm running 70/30 coolant mix plus NanoCool. Also, the a/c condenser and oil cooler was thoroughly cleaned out.

At the track, the temps were slowly starting to rise, and by the middle of third session, the needle was touching the red zone. The temperature returned to normal after I pitted, and it was absolutely fine on the way home.

There's no evidence of coolant in the oil, so I'm ruling out the head gasket. The temperatures are normal in day to day driving. Even in the hottest days with the ac on, there's no issue at all. But, in track conditions when the engine is under load, I'm suspecting that there isn't enough air flowing through the radiator, eventually causing heat soak. The Koyo is quite a bit thicker than stock.

At this point, I really don't know what else it could be. I'm thinking about putting an OEM radiator. Everything else has been replaced.

Also, the install was not as easy for me. My shop had to do some cutting to account for the extra thickness, and the bottom screw holes were mis-aligned and had a different pitch.
Jump to top speeeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Sep-14-2017, 12:03:21 PM   #57
M3AT

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeeding View Post
I installed the Koyo as well as doing a complete overhaul of the cooling system(hoses, fan switch, t-stat, water pump, fan clutch, expansion tank). I'm running 70/30 coolant mix plus NanoCool. Also, the a/c condenser and oil cooler was thoroughly cleaned out.

At the track, the temps were slowly starting to rise, and by the middle of third session, the needle was touching the red zone. The temperature returned to normal after I pitted, and it was absolutely fine on the way home.

There's no evidence of coolant in the oil, so I'm ruling out the head gasket. The temperatures are normal in day to day driving. Even in the hottest days with the ac on, there's no issue at all. But, in track conditions when the engine is under load, I'm suspecting that there isn't enough air flowing through the radiator, eventually causing heat soak. The Koyo is quite a bit thicker than stock.

At this point, I really don't know what else it could be. I'm thinking about putting an OEM radiator. Everything else has been replaced.

Also, the install was not as easy for me. My shop had to do some cutting to account for the extra thickness, and the bottom screw holes were mis-aligned and had a different pitch.
You could try deleting the Aux fan and mechanical fan and running a spal. I did that when I installed my koyo and my coolant temp was dead center all day long at the track. The Aux fan and shrouds block a lot of airflow.
Jump to top M3AT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Sep-25-2017, 04:20:26 AM   #58
WOLFN8TR
"MONEY"

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
Price is now $562!

TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri - Sprint Booster V2
UltraGauge - Orion V4's - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - VIS XTS CF Hood - CSL Trunk - Valentine One - Turner 15F/12R Spacers
Old Mon, Sep-25-2017, 12:15:15 PM   #59
Engrmikl

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
Price is now $562!
Redline still has them at $395 plus shipping to S Florida was $37
Just bought one last week.
Jump to top Engrmikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Sep-25-2017, 05:29:53 PM   #60
WOLFN8TR
"MONEY"

In the garage:

United States

Ok cool, thanks.