BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Mar-19-2018, 07:16:51 PM   #181
TrackRat951

United States

Default Re: CMP Auto Engineering subframe kit

I'm interested in the solid mounts and the full subframe reinforcement. I already have the Reddish plates and plan to keep my car street focused. Thanks so much for putting this together!
Jump to top TrackRat951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Fri, Apr-20-2018, 04:59:35 AM   #182
AussieE46M3

In the garage:

Australia

Afternoon Guys,

Just a quick update.

Again, sorry for the lack of activity here. I have been very occupied lately trying to move into a new home while having to travel for work.

I have completed the supporting documentation for the Front Mount Extension (FME) kit and have had a few prototypes sent out to customers for feedback.

I have also got the aluminium subframe raising bushes on order from my machinist and should have the first batch in stock Tuesday the 1st.

I have technically finished the design for the 6-point brace however, am trying to find more cost effective method/supplier of having it cut as the laser tube notching is more expensive than anticipated and I do not wish to scare anyone.

Once things have settled in I will be focusing primarily on the website, adding all the products we offer, adding a little bit more social media and redoing the technical articles on there.

My goal is to provide a very detailed yet user friendly guide for those with some or no prior experience on the matter so that they can determine whether their car is damaged and gain a better understanding on the issue, giving them some guidance on how to repair the damage and address all known problem areas in a way that suits their individual needs and budget.

Because I do not have all items on my website and it's something I am being asked more frequently, I will provide a short list of each item we have available and the associated price below. (EXCLUDES SHIPPING , USD @ $0.77/AUD).

Chassis;
Stage 1,
-CMP AE underside reinforcement plates = $205 Aud (~$158 USD)

Stage 2,
-CMP AE Topside beam kit = $535 Aud (~$413 USD)
-CMP AE Front Mount Extensions = $300 Aud (~$231 USD)

Stage 3, - A COUPLE MONTHS AWAY
- 6 point race brace - TBA

Suspension; - Available as of May 1st.
-Single piece, aluminium subframe raising bushes (8mm) = $350 Aud (~$270 USD)

Thanks for following guys and hopefully I'll have more to share in the near future.

Last edited by AussieE46M3; Fri, Apr-20-2018 at 05:20:24 AM.
Jump to top AussieE46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-20-2018, 05:20:17 AM   #183
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Iím Interested in the subframe bushes. Can you pm me price shipped to Australian zip code 2036. Thanks.
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-11-2018, 12:58:11 AM   #184
CSLM3Wannabi

In the garage:

United States

Boom! Got mine! Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 BMW M3 ZCP TiAg | ESS VT2-550 | Dinan Throttle Bodies | 6MT Swap | Active Autowerkes Headers + Section 1 w/ 100 cells | Miltek Section 2 and 3 | KW V2 w/ GC camber plates and Eibach Front and Rear Swaybars | Porsche 996 BBK upgrade w/ OEM ZCP rotors | Umnitza V4 Angel Eyes | CSL rep Bumper | SCZA Carbon Fiber CSL Trunk | Carbon Fiber CSL Diffuser | Square ZCP Wheels |
Jump to top CSLM3Wannabi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, May-11-2018, 01:51:25 AM   #185
AussieE46M3

In the garage:

Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSLM3Wannabi View Post
Glad to hear they arrived all right.

Looks like the air cushion I used to part them didn't survive the journey. I'll have to swap it for a sturdier divider.

Looking forward to your feedback!
Old Fri, May-11-2018, 12:16:14 PM   #186
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSLM3Wannabi View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look good
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Jump to top 0-60Motorsports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-28-2018, 06:50:12 AM   #187
AussieE46M3

In the garage:

Australia

Hi guys,

Thought I'd make a post to share some progress and announcements!

I have currently sold out of topside beam kits and underside plates and have only a few front mount extension kits and 10 subframe bushes in stock.

The next batch of product is due to arrive late next week. This order includes underside plates, topside beam kits and front mount extensions as well as the parts necessary to produce 4 prototype 6-point braces.

I should be sharing photo's of the first fabricated prototype in my own car in a couple weeks time and hopefully a few other examples from those who will also receive a prototype kit. I should the 6-point brace available in kit form sometime next month.

For those interested, the brace in kit form (laser notched tubes & cut & folded plates) will be $650 Aud (~$477 USD) + shipping.

Based on feedback from those interested in the brace, I have had 2/3 of the next batch of topside beam kits cut from 2.5mm wall RHS to reduce the weight by ~850g for a estimated total of ~5.7kg and added the holes needed to fit the weld on plate that has the female fasteners and perfectly position said plate to simplify the brace install as shown below.

For customers who already have the topside beam kit installed and wish to add a brace (like myself), it is necessary to drill holes into the top most surface for the plate to drop into.

This laser cutting order is our biggest to date which is exciting however, is also means we're getting better prices based on the bulkier quantities.

Although not substantial, I have chosen to pass on the discount to customers by (in the new financial year) reducing the cost of the underside reinforcement plates & front mount extensions kit by ~10%!

A set of underside plates are $205 Aud (~$150 USD) and will be reduced to $185 Aud (~$136 USD).

http://cmpautoengineering.com/produc...cement-plates/

A front Mount extension kit is $300 Aud (~$220 USD) and will be reduced to $270 Aud (~$198 USD).

http://cmpautoengineering.com/produc...extension-kit/

In addition to the above, as promised I have designed a floor board that helps to conceal the TSBK & FME kits to provide a more subtle finish with only the brace mounts and stainless steel plaque exposed. I have designed a few options for those with or without the brace or who do not wish to install the stainless plaque. I will share a soft copy of the desired design with anyone interested in sourcing one locally.

Regarding the subframe bushes, we have sold half a dozen now and have received great feedback. No issues with fitment to date and plenty of positive reviews about better handling & stability.

I have also been looking into cheaper methods of shipping for the smaller products (underside plates & bushes) to be more cost effective for international customers so if you're interested in anything feel free to email or PM me for a shipping quote.

Lastly,

Now that the brace design is (hopefully) finalised and ready to be made available soon, I have been focusing on expanding into suspension components to compliment the chassis reinforcements & solid aluminium subframe raising bushes.

At this point in time, I am up to the prototype stages of developing a ball joint RTA bush (adapting a lemforder ball joint within a custom aluminium housing) and should have the first batch ordered with our next order of aluminium subframe bushes in just over a months time.

I have also designed an aluminium steering coupler for RHD cars (unsure how they differ to LHD) that has up until now not been profitable to manufacture so I am hoping with the addition of the RTA bushes the order will be large enough to offer a bulk order price making them feasible to offer.

One thing I would like feedback on for the RTA bush is whether to offer them in an off centre design as I am told that when our cars are made a bit lower than usual some people have issues with not having sufficient adjustment to correct some of the toe in?

Anyway, If anyone has any question please ask away! I'll likely have more to show about this time next week.

Thanks for reading guys!
Old Thu, Jun-28-2018, 01:36:09 PM   #188
JerseyDriver820

In the garage:

United States

This is great stuff, very interested in this project. If you need a test subject in the USA lemme know
Jump to top JerseyDriver820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-28-2018, 07:38:34 PM   #189
folgrz
Stop lookin at me SWAN!

United States

I'm excited about the 6 point brace!

E46 M3 Owners Worldwide <---- Join the FB group!!
Jump to top folgrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Jun-28-2018, 08:09:38 PM   #190
bimmerfan08

In the garage:

United States

Does the 6 point brace permit the retention of the back seat?

"The most difficult part of figuring out a car, the engineering, has been done. Repairs and maintenance are simply taking parts apart and putting them back together again." - bimmerfan08
Jump to top bimmerfan08 is online now   Reply With Quote