BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > Audio/In Car Entertainment (I.C.E.)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Audio/In Car Entertainment (I.C.E.) Place to discuss sights and sounds.

Closed Thread

Old Thu, Jun-10-2010, 05:35:49 PM   #31
tom @ eas
M3Forum Sponsor

Just to note - we are still offering a free installation (with purchase of MediaBridge) for the next 16:9 equipped vehicle that is able to come into our facility.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG FACEBOOK YOUTUBE FLICKR INSTAGRAM
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Jun-10-2010, 05:57:45 PM   #32
RockstarM3

United States

So do we just place an order on the website or is there a "forum special" through which we can purchase?

Also, do you guys offer the spec.dock option?
Old Thu, Jun-10-2010, 06:27:16 PM   #33
tom @ eas
M3Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockstarM3 View Post
So do we just place an order on the website or is there a "forum special" through which we can purchase?

Also, do you guys offer the spec.dock option?
We are not fans of the ashtray docks, but they can be purchased elsewhere if still desired.

We are offering the kits at a considerable discount, with free shipping in the US48 on the site.

Old Thu, Jun-10-2010, 06:43:42 PM   #34
RockstarM3

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
We are not fans of the ashtray docks, but they can be purchased elsewhere if still desired.

We are offering the kits at a considerable discount, with free shipping in the US48 on the site.
So what are the "cons" of the docks?
I like the idea of not having to wire a connector to the moveable center armrest compartment and I'd like it to be easy access (rather than stuffing it i the trunk or the glove box)

So the price on your site is the current "discounted" price?
Old Thu, Jun-10-2010, 07:43:10 PM   #35
RockstarM3

United States

Ok, another question so I can get this thing ordered....
How do I know if I have "analog or Digital" DSP?

I have read threads here and on E46 forum that NO E46 cars have Digital DSP, but at first glance, I sort of assumed that since I have the Harmon Kardon Nav system with the little "enhanced sound" button that it might be "digital DSP"

So do I need that option or NOT?
03 M3 with MK4 Nav and Harmon Kardon... That's what I have...
What do I need?
Old Fri, Jun-11-2010, 06:37:50 AM   #36
tom @ eas
M3Forum Sponsor

Quote:
So what are the "cons" of the docks?
I like the idea of not having to wire a connector to the moveable center armrest compartment and I'd like it to be easy access (rather than stuffing it i the trunk or the glove box)
Aesthetically unpleasing, and premature wear on the dock connector in a moving vehicle from vibration, not to mention a cost of the almost the MediaBridge itself.

Quote:
So the price on your site is the current "discounted" price?
Correct.

Old Fri, Jun-11-2010, 06:38:36 AM   #37
tom @ eas
M3Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Ok, another question so I can get this thing ordered....
How do I know if I have "analog or Digital" DSP?

I have read threads here and on E46 forum that NO E46 cars have Digital DSP, but at first glance, I sort of assumed that since I have the Harmon Kardon Nav system with the little "enhanced sound" button that it might be "digital DSP"

So do I need that option or NOT?
03 M3 with MK4 Nav and Harmon Kardon... That's what I have...
What do I need?
You are referring to the imaging button from the H/K system. e46 Models were never offered DSP, simply choose the "no DSP" option.

Old Fri, Jun-11-2010, 09:44:33 AM   #38
0-60Motorsports
Established 1998....

In the garage:

Bahrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Enhanced text options are already in beta and going through testing at this time. We're playing a very large part in being strict on testing.

When completed, we will be releasing this as a flash-based upgrade you can then perform on your current MediaBridge unit with a laptop or netbook.

Sounds great Tom! Please post in this thread with this update is out and post vids or pics as well. Cheers.
EURO 04 M3 Mods: GC DA's / Eibach Sways / PF RTABs / RE RCAs / INTRAVEE II / ///MFEST Badges / M5 SMG Knob / VCSL: Bumper + Race Lip, CF Trunk, CF Diffusor / DIETZ TV in Motion / SuperSprint: Stepped Headers, Cat Deletes, Res X-pipe, Sport Muffler / Z8 Starter Button / Lamin-X / STM Paddles / OEM CSL: Steering, Interior, Intake, CF Roof / Terra MSS54HP CSL Clone + TTFS Tune / BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ / ST40's / DINAN RSB / RE Race Brace / BW Oil Cooler / 3.91 gears / Radium OCC
Old Fri, Jun-11-2010, 01:47:20 PM   #39
RockstarM3

United States

Thanks for all of the info Tom!

I'm ordering TODAY... (though it looks like I'll have to wait a while since I also want the bluetooth option).

I agree on the price of that dock... it's ridiculous... but since this is my wife's daily, I'm just trying to make it as convenient for her as possible... not sure where else to "store" the iphone for her since she USES the phone quite a bit while she's working (and works from her car)... just thought the dock would be a good option, but I agree with the wear and tear due to the vibration etc.

Any suggestions on mounting location that would be convenient AND look good?
I'm sure I can figure something out... this is not my first rodeo when it comes to this type of install... Just my first dealing with this M3.
Old Fri, Jun-11-2010, 04:14:48 PM   #40
tom @ eas
M3Forum Sponsor

Quote:
Thanks for all of the info Tom!

I'm ordering TODAY... (though it looks like I'll have to wait a while since I also want the bluetooth option).

I agree on the price of that dock... it's ridiculous... but since this is my wife's daily, I'm just trying to make it as convenient for her as possible... not sure where else to "store" the iphone for her since she USES the phone quite a bit while she's working (and works from her car)... just thought the dock would be a good option, but I agree with the wear and tear due to the vibration etc.

Any suggestions on mounting location that would be convenient AND look good?
I'm sure I can figure something out... this is not my first rodeo when it comes to this type of install... Just my first dealing with this M3.
iPhone can connect either with the docking cable in the glovebox or sunglass holder - or wirelessly using A2DP if this is a 3GS model.

Closed Thread