BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > Member Photos and Videos
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Member Photos and Videos Place to post and discuss BMW and other automotive videos and photos.

Old Thu, Sep-20-2007, 12:49:48 PM   #41
Cleveland
///M POWERED

Reputation: 0 Cleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland Porsha

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
Can someone PM me for a set in Gunmetal for my E46 M3 please please pretty please

Wheels look amazing guys!
PM sent...
True leaders are not those who strive to be first, but those who are first to strive and give their all for the success of the team. They can be identified by the clarity of their vision, the strength of their actions, and the integrity of their intent. A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, and the courage to make tough decisions. A true leader has compassion, and is willing to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but he becomes one by the confidence that he inspires in others. He commands the respect of his peers, and is humbled by the admiration of his followers. True leaders are first to see the need, envision the plan, and empower the team for action. By the strength of the leader's commitment, the power of the team is unleashed.
Jump to top Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Sep-20-2007, 01:31:11 PM   #42
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique View Post
obioban you officiallly in my opinion have the sickest M3 can you buy these without a group by and the finish you have is gunmetal right
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_Dust View Post
Ian, car looks kick-ass.
Thanks

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Sep-20-2007, 02:12:43 PM   #43
shep01

Default less is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by YseanY View Post
im beginning to find some chip in my RG4s, i guess it wouldn't be a good idea to have them re-powdercoated after the fact then? some chips are actually pretty deep where it seems like the material of the wheels have been chipped . i think items/tools may have been dropped on the wheels when at a shop or something, but cannot prove anything as i didnt notice it until later when washing the car.
wheels will eventually get chipped. most times it is rock chips, especially if you live anywhere where granite is used on the roads, curbs, etc. like in the carolina's. obviously, installers and mechanics can easily do it as well.

My experience is first to leave it if it is small; if you must, try to touch it up professionally - they can mask it off and airbrush with usually little issue matching the color. always try the back side of the wheel for color first and let it dry 100% before deciding if the match is complete.

I usually live with it indefinitely until I finally paint all 4 wheels. There is no way to ever obtain the finish these wheels come with - the process is just far too elaborate. I only re-finish when all else fails and I have seen great results and not so great results - all in the prep work.

shep

Last edited by shep01; Thu, Sep-20-2007 at 09:37:12 PM.
Jump to top shep01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Sep-20-2007, 02:15:22 PM   #44
shep01

Default come on - who needs to work anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmmDanK View Post
I got my wheels yesturday and spent sometime last night mounting the tires and slapping them on the car. I'm very pleased with how everything turned out, these are everything I expected them to be and couldn't be happier. The sun had already gone down by the time they were on the car so I didn't get a chance to take any pictures. I will take some hi-rez pic's of my silver RG4's once I'm finished at work and post the pics tonight.
weeeeee're waitiiiiing...... ( me especially)

shep
Old Thu, Sep-20-2007, 02:17:15 PM   #45
shep01

Default just incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Okay, finally got mine mounted but didn't get the car back till the sun was almost down... and the car is dirty. And they look hugely better in person.

Anyway, enough excuses, the pics:

just perfection in that color on IR - big WOW factor on this one

shep
Old Thu, Sep-20-2007, 03:24:25 PM   #46
///Malicious
Banned

United States

Great looking wheels obioban!

Is it me or do you have a big fat ding on the left quarter?
Jump to top ///Malicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Sep-20-2007, 05:58:03 PM   #47
YseanY

Taiwan

man... i love the new revisions! i wish i didnt have my rg4s when the group buy was going on... or maybe there can be a trade in program! haha

GONE

2004 ///M3 6 SPEED - CARBON BLACK | BLACK NAPPA LEATHER | NAVIGATION | PREMIUM PACKAGE

ENGINE | Rogue Engineering Street Pulleys
DRIVETRAIN | OEM BMW Motosport 4.10 Differential | Rogue Engineering Custom SSK | Rogue Engineering Weighted Selector Rod | Rogue Engineering Transmission Mounts | GSP Clutch Pedal | CDV Removal
EXHAUST | OEM CSL Headers | Larini GT Sports Cats | Larini Section 2 | Rogue Engineering El Diablo Ti Tips
SUSPENSION | TC Kline Racing 500F/500R S/A Coilover | Eibach Front/Rear Sway Bars | Powerflex RTAB
BRAKES | Giallo Midas Brembo GT 355MM 6-Piston Monoblock Front BBK | Brembo GT 345MM 4-Piston Monoblock Rear BBK
WHEELS/TIRES | RACMonolites RG4 | Vredestein 275/30/19 and 265/30/19
EXTERIOR | OEM CSL Roof | OEM CSL Bootlid | OEM CSL Bumper | OEM CSL Diffusor | 28% Tint | 6000K Predator Chromiums | LED Turn Signals
INTERIOR | Hardwired Valentine 1 | Illuminated ///M3 Door Sills
Jump to top YseanY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Sep-20-2007, 06:22:25 PM   #48
unique
UNIQUE

United States

can you buy these rims without ordering a large amount..... can you just contact rac and order a set
Old Thu, Sep-20-2007, 06:32:36 PM   #49
Cleveland
///M POWERED

Reputation: 0 Cleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland PorshaCleveland Porsha

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by unique View Post
can you buy these rims without ordering a large amount..... can you just contact rac and order a set
Yes, you can order a set of these separately. But since they are only made in large groups to keep costs down, the availability is limited. So when they are available for sale, any interested parties should jump on these wheels asap. Otherwise, you risk having to wait for a very long period of time before they are in stock again. Are you interested in buying a set now?
True leaders are not those who strive to be first, but those who are first to strive and give their all for the success of the team. They can be identified by the clarity of their vision, the strength of their actions, and the integrity of their intent. A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, and the courage to make tough decisions. A true leader has compassion, and is willing to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but he becomes one by the confidence that he inspires in others. He commands the respect of his peers, and is humbled by the admiration of his followers. True leaders are first to see the need, envision the plan, and empower the team for action. By the strength of the leader's commitment, the power of the team is unleashed.
Jump to top Cleveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Sep-20-2007, 08:56:43 PM   #50
Ben Z.
Registered Abuser

United States

Wow they look amazing! Obioban, very sick!!
Jump to top Ben Z. is offline   Reply With Quote