BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Garage > Faults, Fixes and DIY
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Faults, Fixes and DIY Please share your experience and knowledge with other members by contributing your own DIY, or by helping another member find the elusive fix!

Old Fri, Jan-02-2015, 10:07:52 PM   #21
SunD3v1L
hi

In the garage:

Italy

Default Re: DIY e46 front window regulator install

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunD3v1L View Post
Help please.

How do you remove the window if the window is stuck down and you can't access the E7 bolts?
Since everyone else left me hanging when I posted this, , I'll post my experience/cure for this problem:

Eventually, I re-connected the battery (make sure you have your airbag plugged in but not in the way), had someone sit in the car and push the window switch up while I YANKED on the mother fkr.

It would give a tiny bit, then we'd push the window switch down a bit then hold up on the switch while I wrestled it up.

It was nerve racking (I didn't want to break the glass) and frustrating (I was outside in the dark and this was taking hours).

Be patient. It'll eventually wiggle loose with another person working the switch and you pulling.

You NEED another person, for sure, to work the switch while you hold & pull the glass. Do at your own risk.
Old Thu, Feb-11-2016, 09:22:52 PM   #22
The Lewtz

In the garage:

United States

...well... rolled my passenger side window down yesterday and when it got near the bottom... POP CLANG.. went to roll it back up... CRACK SCRATCHING POPPING.. jesus that sounds bad.

..I'm guessing my regulator just went. I did get the window back up though.

So what all is needed to DIY this?

Just?
http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-32...lMHBoCZmnw_wcB

..anyone have a rough idea on what shops charge to fix it?
Jump to top The Lewtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Feb-11-2016, 11:48:39 PM   #23
The Lewtz

In the garage:

United States

More I've done some research I'm going to try to do this myself... besides the E-7 socket any other special tools I need?

Guess... I'll need a trim tool also.
Jump to top The Lewtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, May-16-2016, 04:01:27 PM   #24
SocratesRising
Chess is King

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lewtz View Post
More I've done some research I'm going to try to do this myself... besides the E-7 socket any other special tools I need?

Guess... I'll need a trim tool also.
How did it go, my window is doing the crackling and popping too, luckily it went back up, but it was stuck in the down position for a sec. Driver's side.

Slicktop * Cloth Seats * AS SSK * Besian

“All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed
in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.”

― Winston S. Churchill
Jump to top SocratesRising is offline   Reply With Quote