BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Oct-01-2007, 08:52:58 PM   #31
mikymu

Quote:
Originally Posted by desaille View Post
nice write up miky

booo on the quiet pads, i wanna hear some damn screeching when you stop,
the damn Axxis ultimate squeak so freaking loud prior to the "OEM" brake upgrade people on the street try to wave me down and tell me i ran over a cat and it's still under my car LOL

after the OEM brake upgrade - literally ZERO noise and tons of unadulterated braking fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpegripper View Post
great, he does the write up after i install all those things 4 weeks ago
.... we can always take your suspension apart, clean it and install again for fun

Last edited by mikymu; Mon, Oct-01-2007 at 08:59:22 PM.
Jump to top mikymu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Oct-01-2007, 08:55:01 PM   #32
Mash3
Look out below!

United States

Great write up!

I'm printing this out and saving it because I'm going to do this upgrade soon. Looks like fun!

Greg

Jump to top Mash3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-02-2007, 01:35:24 AM   #33
mikymu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mash3 View Post
I'm printing this out and saving it because I'm going to do this upgrade soon. Looks like fun!

Greg.
Greg, you will love the improvement ... guaranteed

mike
Jump to top mikymu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-02-2007, 02:39:01 AM   #34
ILLWILL

China

hows the ride comfort now?
Jump to top ILLWILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-02-2007, 08:46:27 AM   #35
wyiel

United States

Nice going with the writeup - I love it when people go the extra length to put out this kind of DIY information to the community.

I second mikymu's suggestion to lube the bushings (a LOT). When I swapped out the RTAB's on my ///M Roadster, I forgot to lube them, and after a few months, they started to squeak quite loudly. It was pretty embarassing. So, I ended up dropping my rear subframe & _slathering_ the bushings with lithium grease.

One question, though, mikymu - do you think it's possible to get at least an OEM-soft ride with any kind of performance aftermarket suspension? My M3's nothing more than a (badass-lookin') commuter car, and I already think the ride's pretty harsh stock. I'd be all for upgrading the suspension, but want a smoother ride than these OEM suspension + CSL wheels are giving me.
Angel Eyes
Trunk Cargo Net
Jump to top wyiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-02-2007, 08:55:01 AM   #36
gixxer

Urgh, Mike, you sure you don't want to come up to Boise to help me out ???

Anyway, offer to bring you out here still stands...

Oh, and killer DIY !!!
Jump to top gixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-02-2007, 09:58:56 AM   #37
scottEdog

Mikes care is amazing! His write-ups are even more so.

His car out performed my car this Sunday through the turns at high speed°™that is for sure. I look forward to getting the help needed to make this upgrade on my car in the next few weeks, Mike. And don't worry I will wait for you this time before I get started - Lol.

Can't wait for another drive!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (492.9 KB, 135 views)
Jump to top scottEdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-02-2007, 12:50:24 PM   #38
350banshee

United States

Since we're talking about Loctite and alignments....If I were to take out my Rogue Eng. Rtabs to lube them, would I have to get re-aligned?
Jump to top 350banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-02-2007, 02:15:36 PM   #39
vndkshn
Goin' crazy... wanna come?

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyiel View Post
One question, though, mikymu - do you think it's possible to get at least an OEM-soft ride with any kind of performance aftermarket suspension? My M3's nothing more than a (badass-lookin') commuter car, and I already think the ride's pretty harsh stock. I'd be all for upgrading the suspension, but want a smoother ride than these OEM suspension + CSL wheels are giving me.
Honestly, the stock suspension is pretty harsh. The majority of the aftermarket systems I have ridden in (other than the track prepped cars which are running more swaybar and stiffer springs) have ridden BETTER than stock. I've ridden in a couple of TCK S/A cars with 500/500 springs and it rides much better than my 05 ZCP.

As long as you don't go beyond 500, it will be a better ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350banshee View Post
Since we're talking about Loctite and alignments....If I were to take out my Rogue Eng. Rtabs to lube them, would I have to get re-aligned?
Yes.
Performance Mods: D/A Race Software, D/A VAC Lightweight UnderDrive Pulleys, Streamline Panel, Ceramic Coated Stainless headers, Race-cats, B&B Tri-Flow, Motons, Vorshlag plates, GC Adj. Rear Camber Arms, GC Race Hybrid FCAB, Powerflex RTABs, H-Sport Sways, GC adjustable endlinks, GSP Clutch Pedal, 40% Autosolutions SSK, Rogue Trans Mounts, PFC WC/GAC front brake kit, PFC-01s for the track.

Click Here for nightmare ECS story. - LOL, it was deleted, guess it shows the sponsors can get away with anything here.
Jump to top vndkshn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Oct-02-2007, 02:41:38 PM   #40
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyiel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vndkshn View Post
Honestly, the stock suspension is pretty harsh. The majority of the aftermarket systems I have ridden in (other than the track prepped cars which are running more swaybar and stiffer springs) have ridden BETTER than stock. I've ridden in a couple of TCK S/A cars with 500/500 springs and it rides much better than my 05 ZCP.

As long as you don't go beyond 500, it will be a better ride.

Yes.
Further, I've ridden in a TCK car with 400lb springs on all 4 corners-- that car was incredibly comfortable and handled better than stock. As in, it rode like a 325 non sport package. I was blown away.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, 03 530i, 04 M3 wagon, and some boring stuff
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote