BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sat, Dec-16-2017, 04:46:00 AM   #1
e46erick

United States

Default Am I screwed?

What's up guys I posted a thread a month or so ago about an accident my M3 was involved in. Long story short, my dad owns a mechanic shop and I gave my car to him to mount on a set of PSS that i had just bought. He has parked my car right next to the huge gate to his shop. The shop is parallel to a very busy main street. A driver was backing out of the shop onto the street and got hit by oncoming traffic and that resulted in the car hitting the gate to the shop and ultimately having the gate fall on my car. My driver side door and fender got dented and it took off my entire driver side mirror.
Heres the shitty part. My pops isnt exactly the best english speaker and when the police showed up to write a report, he figured that they would include it in the police report. Now i have gotten a copy of the police report and it states NOTHING about my car being involved. I called to speak to the officer that was involved in the case and they stated that he is on vacation and i would have to wait.

My question is, if the cop doesnt remember, is it sufficient enough information that i have pictures of my car that states the time that the incident occured since it will likely match the police report? Am i shit out of luck? Any advice would be appreciated.
Also, how much do you guys think the insurance will give me IF they happen to not f#$% me over?

Thanks a lot guys, appreciate the help
Jump to top e46erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sat, Dec-16-2017, 05:05:41 AM   #2
lmtfi

United States

Default Re: Am I screwed?

You're jumping ahead in your speculation. First - ask the cop.

Did your dad/some from the shop take photos of the accident scene?

Did you notify your insurance yet? There are deadlines for notification.

You want people to give you a repair estimate on a damage they have never seen?
Old Sat, Dec-16-2017, 05:21:27 AM   #3
e46erick

United States

Only pictures taken were pictures my car and also a picture of the gate lying on my car. Police report states that pictures were taken but again Iíd have to wait for the officer to get back. Currently using mobile so Iíll try to post pictures later. Thought estimates might be made by knowing what parts were damaged. My apologies, just was looking for some insight brother. Insurance was notified, I️m just upset that I personally didnít have control over this situation
Old Sat, Dec-16-2017, 03:05:48 PM   #4
OneFastSicilian
Frankie

In the garage:

Italy

doesnt sound major.. don't stress it.

Previous:
  • 01 - AW/IR - Sold
  • 03.5 - IR/Impulse - Sold
  • 02 - TiAg/Blk - Sold
  • 05 - IB/Blk ZCP - Sold
  • 02 - LSB/Blk - Sold
  • 05 - SG/Blk - Current!
Check out my Journal!

*Instagram*
@E46m3_Owners_OTW
Jump to top OneFastSicilian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jan-09-2018, 08:42:09 PM   #5
e46erick

United States

Officer returned and has no recollection of my car being involved during the incident. *sigh*. They are claiming that pictures of the gate from the police report don't clearly show it on my car. Stated that I need an attorney to get hands on the pictures. I have two photos taken by my dad of my car with the mirror on the floor and exposing the dents. Gate was pulled off the car before pic was taken.