BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > M3Forum Marketplace > Parts for Sale/Wanted
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Parts for Sale/Wanted Post your Parts Wanted, and non commercial bmw related items for sale. We ask that companies selling goods become a Sponsor to advertise your goods.

Old Fri, Aug-31-2018, 11:54:48 PM   #11
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Mint/Rare Dixis Spirit Titanium section 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FK View Post
The only exhaust I would get rid of mine for.

But not at $2900 lmao. I would say good luck but you don't need it man.

Lol right. Maybe if it was closer to 1800-2100 mark
Old Sat, Sep-01-2018, 12:25:38 AM   #12
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

For what it's worth, this was the most recent one I've seen for sale until this thread:
https://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sh....php?t=1235896
I tried to purchase it but was literally hours too late.

I don't recall the exact retail cost off the top of my head. I'm almost certain they were over $3k when new, for some reason around $4.2k pops up to mind, but I'm having trouble recalling the price or recovering where I read that when searching, so take that with a grain of salt. Those numbers could have been pulled out of my ass. =P

They apparently were only able to make 15 of these mufflers per year while in business due to what all was involved, and they were made to order. The entire muffler weighs 15.4 pounds, as compared with the 54-pound stock muffler.

It truly is a special muffler. While this is priced on the "higher" end for a used Dixis, they are exceedingly rare and harder to find by the day. Prices will only go up. Since Dixis went out of business, you won't be seeing any more products from them either.

I'm sure the right seller will come along recognizing what this is, and will be happy to pay the asking price. You just might have to be a little patient for them to come along. Given the rarity, it's worth as much as anyone is will to pay. I'm sure it will sell at this price point too.

You might want to specify the tip size and pipe diameter, i'm led to believe a few sizes existed (at least with the tips).

Post pictures up using Flikr, we are all dying to see it and it will really help your sale, especially at that price point.

For anyone wondering, I could listen to this video all day....Sounds SO good!!

Truly envious of whomever buys this. I've long wondered if this muffler kills power in the same way that the RE El Diablo (stainless steel clone) is reported to do. With the noise that this muffler makes, I wouldn't even care at that point.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.

Last edited by Dr M3an M3; Sat, Sep-01-2018 at 01:05:05 AM.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Sep-01-2018, 12:54:18 AM   #13
Kwakjoe

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr M3an M3 View Post
For what it's worth, this was the most recent one I've seen for sale until this thread:
https://www.e46fanatics.com/forum/sh....php?t=1235896
I tried to purchase it but was literally hours too late.

I don't recall the exact retail cost off the top of my head. I know they were over $3k when new, for some reason around $4.2k pops up to mind, but I'm having trouble recalling the price or recovering where I read that when searching.

They apparently were only able to make 15 of these mufflers per year while in business due to what all was involved, and they were made to order. The entire muffler weighs 15.4 pounds, as compared with the 54-pound stock muffler.

It truly is a special muffler. While this is priced on the "higher" end for a used Dixis, they are exceedingly rare and harder to find by the day. Prices will only go up. Since Dixis went out of business, you won't be seeing any more products from them either.

I'm sure the right seller will come along recognizing what this is, and will be happy to pay the asking price. You just might have to be a little patient for them to come along. Given the rarity, it's worth as much as anyone is will to pay. I'm sure it will sell at this price point too.

You might want to specify the tip size and pipe diameter, i'm led to believe a few sizes existed (at least with the tips).

Post pictures up using Flikr, we are all dying to see it and it will really help your sale, especially at that price point.

For anyone wondering, I could listen to this video all day....Sounds SO good!!
BMW M3 Dixis Titanium Muffler - YouTube

Truly envious of whomever buys this. I've long wondered if this muffler kills power in the same way that the RE El Diablo (stainless steel clone) is reported to do. With the noise that this muffler makes, I wouldn't even care at that point.
I could've sworn I've read somewhere that it was $1750 new, but for the rarity, theres a mark up.
Old Sat, Sep-01-2018, 01:03:39 AM   #14
Dr M3an M3
GroupBuyingPower@outlook. com

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwakjoe View Post
I could've sworn I've read somewhere that it was $1750 new, but for the rarity, theres a mark up.
Perhaps I'm wrong or read incorrectly. I looked for longer than I'd like to admit (considering it's not my sale) when I wrote that post but didn't save the source like I normally do. 1750 new would be a steal. I'm almost certain these were above the $3k mark due to all the labor involved. It's all hand made. However, without a source, take it with a grain of salt as I could very well be incorrect. Cheers.

Mods: Genuine OE CSL Bumper, Karbonius CSL Airbox, OE CSL Snorkel w/ working Flap, OE Map Sensor + OE Air Rail, Paul Claude Custom Tune, CSL Engine management with CSL converted DME, Supersprint V1 Stepped Headers w/ Oversized Catless section 1, SS 2.5" Twin-Piped Oversized section 2, Rogue Engineering Muffler (soon to be switched), WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS lockdown, BBS LMs w/ PSS, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune.
Active Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, Supersprint Headers/Exhaust MEGA thread, New Supersprint Oversized Twin-Piped Section 2 ...and more to come!
Please PM me - In search of: Nothing at the moment.
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Sep-01-2018, 01:48:30 AM   #15
obryan562

In the garage:

Cambodia

They were $2.5k New from Dixis and wait time was MONTHS back then.
Old Sat, Sep-01-2018, 01:53:09 AM   #16
Bad Notch

United States

It should be ready to be sent out by Tuesday. I have 3 solid buyers lined up but after all the talk I'm thinking about not selling it. It sounds soo good like in that video Dr M3an posted. I have full race supersprint 1 and 2 with a header and it sounds like an F1 car ( to me ) with the Dixis.. :p
Jump to top Bad Notch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat, Sep-01-2018, 01:57:43 AM   #17
e46lsb

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by obryan562 View Post
They were $2.5k New from Dixis and wait time was MONTHS back then.

Ive read 2750. And itís worth it. I have one. Best exhaust.
Old Sat, Sep-01-2018, 02:06:30 AM   #18
chhufast

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Notch View Post
It should be ready to be sent out by Tuesday. I have 3 solid buyers lined up but after all the talk I'm thinking about not selling it. It sounds soo good like in that video Dr M3an posted. I have full race supersprint 1 and 2 with a header and it sounds like an F1 car ( to me ) with the Dixis.. :p
Keep it OP.
Old Sat, Sep-01-2018, 02:07:47 AM   #19
chhufast

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46lsb View Post
Ive read 2750. And itís worth it. I have one. Best exhaust.
I'm pretty positive I paid about $2,500 new back then and I still have it. Your right, TOTALLY worth it
Old Sat, Sep-01-2018, 06:55:59 AM   #20
FK

United States

Tip sizes were 70mm and later on 76mm with blue heat treating as an option.
Jump to top FK is offline   Reply With Quote