BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Thu, Mar-20-2014, 06:06:55 PM   #21
siznarf

In the garage:

Philippines

Default Re: How many Laguna Seca Blue e46 m3's were produced

TiAG absolutely the rarest
Jump to top siznarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Mar-20-2014, 06:29:58 PM   #22
BeastMobile

United States

Holy thread bumpingtons
2004 Jet Black M3 | OE CSL Airbox with working Flap conversion | SSV1 Headers | SS Section 1 with resonators and 200 cell cats | Supersprint Sport Exhaust | TTFS custom tune | SGT SRS Coilovers | SGT SCZA CF CSL Trunk | Square ZCP wheels w/Michelin PSS | StopTech Trophy Kit with 2-peice floating AeroRotors - 6pot (F) 4pot (R) | Avin Avant 2
Jump to top BeastMobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-21-2014, 03:31:48 AM   #23
mpower22
CPV O-Ring Guy

In the garage:

United States

Good to see the lsb owners chiming in here. Yes, you have a very good color; not as rare as an individual spec'd M3, but one that definitely commands the premium of an individual car because of the demand vs limited supply. Just ask anyone who's purchased one how long they searched and had to wait to finally find one. Quite interesting when I hear stories from the truly devout. You just don't see that many available for sale. I actually waited for mine in a sense, I was on the waiting list to order for almost 2 years. Talk about anticipation! I think a good reason for the scarcity of lsb isn't necessarily because of the demo run of 2001, but the fact that it's often forgotten the average age of the E46 owner was a lot higher back then, and you tend to see less "loud" colors ordered as age increases. I was actually ready to order PY, seeing the demo model changed that immediately. I also liked the fact that I knew it would probably be one of the more limited colors in the production. Gotta love that they discontinued it before the production run ceased too

2003 M3Laguna Seca Blue/6MT Black Leather Cloth Interior/Full [CSL] Exhaust
Original Owner, Custom Built - PDC, Moonroof, Bi-xenons (TFX), Brushed Aluminum Trim, Bluetooth ULF
European - Rotors (F&R), Bumper, Mirrors, Warning Triangle, Console, LSZ, First Aid Kit, Fire Extinguisher
OE LED Conversion/Outer Ring Mod | V1 Hardwired/Ashtray Display | 3M 35% Tint | Intravee II, Diamond H600s, JL 10W3v3, HD900/5
Jump to top mpower22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-21-2014, 04:13:27 AM   #24
bzsbimmer

In the garage:

South Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtfi View Post
BMW does not release production numbers with options until 18 years after the last car of the series comes off the production line.

There are a LOT of LSBs. It was the initial introduction color - which means that ALL of the initial M3s that were on dealer lots were LSB.

As JS noted - it had a long production run.
"Any customer can have a car painted any color that he wants so long as it is LSB"
Play on Henry Ford
Old Fri, Mar-21-2014, 06:48:22 PM   #25
BimminLSB///M3

I've had people offer me more money for the car than its worth, just for the color but I always say its not for sale.

Mods: 19" CSL Wheels, CSL Brake Kit, RE RSM's, 35% Tint , Hardwired V1, Alarm, Bluetooth, Black Grills, Painted Reflectors.
Next Mods: SS Race Exhaust, Suspension.
Jump to top BimminLSB///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-21-2014, 07:06:32 PM   #26
Goose81

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower22 View Post
Good to see the lsb owners chiming in here. Yes, you have a very good color; not as rare as an individual spec'd M3, but one that definitely commands the premium of an individual car because of the demand vs limited supply. Just ask anyone who's purchased one how long they searched and had to wait to finally find one. Quite interesting when I hear stories from the truly devout. You just don't see that many available for sale. I actually waited for mine in a sense, I was on the waiting list to order for almost 2 years. Talk about anticipation! I think a good reason for the scarcity of lsb isn't necessarily because of the demo run of 2001, but the fact that it's often forgotten the average age of the E46 owner was a lot higher back then, and you tend to see less "loud" colors ordered as age increases. I was actually ready to order PY, seeing the demo model changed that immediately. I also liked the fact that I knew it would probably be one of the more limited colors in the production. Gotta love that they discontinued it before the production run ceased too
Great point! I never thought about that. I gave up my search for a SMG LSB after about a year.
Jump to top Goose81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Mar-21-2014, 07:19:00 PM   #27
mpower22
CPV O-Ring Guy

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose81 View Post
Great point! I never thought about that. I gave up my search for a SMG LSB after about a year.
Thanks! What color did you end up getting then?

Original Owner, Custom Built - PDC, Moonroof, Bi-xenons (TFX), Brushed Aluminum Trim, Bluetooth ULF
European - Rotors (F&R), Bumper, Mirrors, Warning Triangle, Console, LSZ, First Aid Kit, Fire Extinguisher
OE LED Conversion/Outer Ring Mod | V1 Hardwired/Ashtray Display | 3M 35% Tint | Intravee II, Diamond H600s, JL 10W3v3, HD900/5
Old Fri, Mar-21-2014, 07:24:27 PM   #28
Goose81

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Thanks! What color did you end up getting then?
Silver/Gray, now I am lusting over Sparkling Graphite. It never ends!
Old Fri, Mar-21-2014, 07:28:54 PM   #29
mpower22
CPV O-Ring Guy

In the garage:

United States

Agreed. That graphite does look sick. I've thought about switching mine out a few times quite a few years ago

Old Fri, Mar-21-2014, 07:38:59 PM   #30
Goose81

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Agreed. That graphite does look sick. I've thought about switching mine out a few times quite a few years ago
You were thinking about painting it Sparkling Graphite? I almost pulled the trigger on SG last spring but I held off.

My problem is everytime I see an M3 in a color I haven't seen before I want to re-paint mine. I was not sold on LSB until I saw one in person. I definitely think LSB is a color you either love or hate, but you definitely have to see one in person before you make that distinction. If I was forced to pick one color...toss up between LSB and SG for me.