BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E90 M3 (Sedan) | E92 M3 (Coupe) | E93 M3 (Convertible) (2008-2013)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E90 M3 (Sedan) | E92 M3 (Coupe) | E93 M3 (Convertible) (2008-2013) {Engine: S65 - Max Hp: 414 hp (420 hp Euro) at 8,300 rpm / 295 lb/ft at 3,900 rpm}

Old Sun, Jul-21-2013, 11:00:06 PM   #1
mljs54

United States

Default Building out a new 2013

I'm strongly considering a brand new M3 coupe and will likely visit my local dealer this week.

This is what I currently have on paper for the car I would order:

6MT
Alpine White
Fox Red Novillo Leather
Titanium Shadow Trim
Dynamic Damper Control
M Floor Mats
CF Rear Spoiler
Maintenance Program Upgrade

I really dont want a car with a ton of bling/tech options so I only opted for the damper control (I will be driving in NYC a lot so softening the suspension will be helpful). Two quick questions:

1. Are there any options you feel strongly about that I should consider adding?

2. Can I purchase the warranty upgrade later and are there any additional costs to doing so?

Thanks

Last edited by mljs54; Sun, Jul-21-2013 at 11:03:42 PM.
Jump to top mljs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, Jul-21-2013, 11:02:16 PM   #2
lucad2

In the garage:

Canada

I think production has stopped for the coupes and the e93's are being built until September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"M" The most powerful letter in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyskass View Post
If a new owner showed up at some meet or started talking to you in the parking lot, would you tell him to STFU and suggest he read a book?
Jump to top lucad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-21-2013, 11:07:44 PM   #3
mljs54

United States

Default Re: Building out a new 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucad2 View Post
I think production has stopped for the coupes and the e93's are being built until September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Confused as I don't see that on the BMW website. I also misspoke when I said 2013, as the website has only 2014.
Jump to top mljs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-21-2013, 11:23:58 PM   #4
MMME30W
I ♥ Manuel

Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by mljs54 View Post
I'm strongly considering a brand new M3 coupe and will likely visit my local dealer this week.

This is what I currently have on paper for the car I would order:

6MT
Alpine White
Fox Red Novillo Leather
Titanium Shadow Trim
Dynamic Damper Control
M Floor Mats
CF Rear Spoiler
Maintenance Program Upgrade

I really dont want a car with a ton of bling/tech options so I only opted for the damper control (I will be driving in NYC a lot so softening the suspension will be helpful). Two quick questions:

2. Can I purchase the warranty upgrade later and are there any additional costs to doing so?

Thanks
Good luck.

Coupe production ended in late June.

Suspect you will have to deal on what is on the lot.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/07/las...ction.html?m=1

...Wi not trel a holiday in Sweden this yer? See the loveli lakes. The wonderful telephone system.
And mani interesting furry animals. Including the majestik moose. A moose once bit my sister...
Jump to top MMME30W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-21-2013, 11:41:05 PM   #5
MMME30W
I ♥ Manuel

Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by mljs54 View Post
I'm strongly considering a brand new M3 coupe ... Two quick questions:

Thanks
1. Well this is just personal view, but I find iDrive+Navi very helpful. I also like the bun warmers in the winter. I enjoy my upgraded stereo but am unsure how it racks up against stock.

2. Yes, up to the day the OEM warranty expires. Not that I know of.

The BMW OEM Extended warranty has another benefit; you can sell the warranty back to BMW and get credit in $ if you sell the car. We did this on our E91, and got back a prorated amount based on mileage, less the admin fee.

There are also other aftermarket warranties out there, obviously.

...Wi not trel a holiday in Sweden this yer? See the loveli lakes. The wonderful telephone system.
And mani interesting furry animals. Including the majestik moose. A moose once bit my sister...

Last edited by MMME30W; Mon, Jul-22-2013 at 12:01:05 AM.
Jump to top MMME30W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-23-2013, 03:54:33 AM   #6
gasdocpa

In the garage:

United States

Coupes have ceased production. I went to my dealership to order my 2013 M3 vert in May and they were not taking orders for coupes because they could not get an allocation until late June, after the coupe ceased production. That was fine with me since I was ordering the convertible.... Just saw that my car is "en route" to the US.... New Jersey port. I hope to be driving it to the shore in a few weeks....
Jump to top gasdocpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jul-24-2013, 02:34:46 AM   #7
rex-racer

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasdocpa View Post
Coupes have ceased production. I went to my dealership to order my 2013 M3 vert in May and they were not taking orders for coupes because they could not get an allocation until late June, after the coupe ceased production. That was fine with me since I was ordering the convertible.... Just saw that my car is "en route" to the US.... New Jersey port. I hope to be driving it to the shore in a few weeks....
Lucky dog, I just ordered mine last week, won't be here till end of September beginning of October. First time BMW owner, can't wait.
Jump to top rex-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jul-24-2013, 05:12:42 AM   #8
font9a

United States

I went into BMW here in central Texas on June 1 fully intent on ordering a 2013 M3. After a couple hours test driving and deciding exactly what I wanted I was ready to order with my sales guy. It turned out the last day to order one was May 31…

I ended up finding a 2011 with 6K miles EXACTLY how I would have ordered it -- it is perfect.
Jump to top font9a is offline   Reply With Quote