BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>
Loading


Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E90 M3 (Sedan) | E92 M3 (Coupe) | E93 M3 (Convertible) (2008-2013)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E90 M3 (Sedan) | E92 M3 (Coupe) | E93 M3 (Convertible) (2008-2013) {Engine: S65 - Max Hp: 414 hp (420 hp Euro) at 8,300 rpm / 295 lb/ft at 3,900 rpm}


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old Sun, Jul-21-2013, 11:00:06 PM   #1
mljs54
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 40
Reputation: 0 mljs54 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Building out a new 2013

I'm strongly considering a brand new M3 coupe and will likely visit my local dealer this week.

This is what I currently have on paper for the car I would order:

6MT
Alpine White
Fox Red Novillo Leather
Titanium Shadow Trim
Dynamic Damper Control
M Floor Mats
CF Rear Spoiler
Maintenance Program Upgrade

I really dont want a car with a ton of bling/tech options so I only opted for the damper control (I will be driving in NYC a lot so softening the suspension will be helpful). Two quick questions:

1. Are there any options you feel strongly about that I should consider adding?

2. Can I purchase the warranty upgrade later and are there any additional costs to doing so?

Thanks

Last edited by mljs54; Sun, Jul-21-2013 at 11:03:42 PM.
Jump to top mljs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Sun, Jul-21-2013, 11:02:16 PM   #2
lucad2
Registered User
 
lucad2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 3,879
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 lucad2 is on a distinguished road
Location: Woodbridge

Canada




Default

I think production has stopped for the coupes and the e93's are being built until September


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

"M" The most powerful letter in the world


Quote:
Originally Posted by wyskass View Post
If a new owner showed up at some meet or started talking to you in the parking lot, would you tell him to STFU and suggest he read a book?
Jump to top lucad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-21-2013, 11:07:44 PM   #3
mljs54
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 40
Reputation: 0 mljs54 is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Building out a new 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucad2 View Post
I think production has stopped for the coupes and the e93's are being built until September


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Confused as I don't see that on the BMW website. I also misspoke when I said 2013, as the website has only 2014.
Jump to top mljs54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-21-2013, 11:23:58 PM   #4
MMME30W
I ♥ Manuel
 
MMME30W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 58
Posts: 848
Reputation: 0 MMME30W is on a distinguished road
Location: ATL or TPA

Germany




Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mljs54 View Post
I'm strongly considering a brand new M3 coupe and will likely visit my local dealer this week.

This is what I currently have on paper for the car I would order:

6MT
Alpine White
Fox Red Novillo Leather
Titanium Shadow Trim
Dynamic Damper Control
M Floor Mats
CF Rear Spoiler
Maintenance Program Upgrade

I really dont want a car with a ton of bling/tech options so I only opted for the damper control (I will be driving in NYC a lot so softening the suspension will be helpful). Two quick questions:

1. Are there any options you feel strongly about that I should consider adding?

2. Can I purchase the warranty upgrade later and are there any additional costs to doing so?

Thanks
Good luck.

Coupe production ended in late June.

Suspect you will have to deal on what is on the lot.

http://www.carscoops.com/2013/07/las...ction.html?m=1
__________________

...Wi not trel a holiday in Sweden this yer? See the loveli lakes. The wonderful telephone system.
And mani interesting furry animals. Including the majestik moose. A moose once bit my sister...
Jump to top MMME30W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sun, Jul-21-2013, 11:41:05 PM   #5
MMME30W
I ♥ Manuel
 
MMME30W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Age: 58
Posts: 848
Reputation: 0 MMME30W is on a distinguished road
Location: ATL or TPA

Germany




Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mljs54 View Post
I'm strongly considering a brand new M3 coupe ... Two quick questions:

1. Are there any options you feel strongly about that I should consider adding?

2. Can I purchase the warranty upgrade later and are there any additional costs to doing so?

Thanks
1. Well this is just personal view, but I find iDrive+Navi very helpful. I also like the bun warmers in the winter. I enjoy my upgraded stereo but am unsure how it racks up against stock.

2. Yes, up to the day the OEM warranty expires. Not that I know of.

The BMW OEM Extended warranty has another benefit; you can sell the warranty back to BMW and get credit in $ if you sell the car. We did this on our E91, and got back a prorated amount based on mileage, less the admin fee.

There are also other aftermarket warranties out there, obviously.
__________________

...Wi not trel a holiday in Sweden this yer? See the loveli lakes. The wonderful telephone system.
And mani interesting furry animals. Including the majestik moose. A moose once bit my sister...

Last edited by MMME30W; Mon, Jul-22-2013 at 12:01:05 AM.
Jump to top MMME30W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-23-2013, 03:54:33 AM   #6
gasdocpa
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 3
In the garage:
Reputation: 0 gasdocpa is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Building out a new 2013

Coupes have ceased production. I went to my dealership to order my 2013 M3 vert in May and they were not taking orders for coupes because they could not get an allocation until late June, after the coupe ceased production. That was fine with me since I was ordering the convertible.... Just saw that my car is "en route" to the US.... New Jersey port. I hope to be driving it to the shore in a few weeks....
Jump to top gasdocpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jul-24-2013, 02:34:46 AM   #7
rex-racer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
Reputation: 0 rex-racer is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Building out a new 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasdocpa View Post
Coupes have ceased production. I went to my dealership to order my 2013 M3 vert in May and they were not taking orders for coupes because they could not get an allocation until late June, after the coupe ceased production. That was fine with me since I was ordering the convertible.... Just saw that my car is "en route" to the US.... New Jersey port. I hope to be driving it to the shore in a few weeks....
Lucky dog, I just ordered mine last week, won't be here till end of September beginning of October. First time BMW owner, can't wait.
Jump to top rex-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Jul-24-2013, 05:12:42 AM   #8
font9a
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1
Reputation: 0 font9a is on a distinguished road

United States




Default Re: Building out a new 2013

I went into BMW here in central Texas on June 1 fully intent on ordering a 2013 M3. After a couple hours test driving and deciding exactly what I wanted I was ready to order with my sales guy. It turned out the last day to order one was May 31…

I ended up finding a 2011 with 6K miles EXACTLY how I would have ordered it -- it is perfect.
Jump to top font9a is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:12:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
M3Forum.com and M3forum.net is in no way sponsored, endorsed or affiliated by or with BMW NA / BMW AG or any of it's subsidiaries or vendors.
BMW and M3 (E90 M3 | E92 M3 | E93 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3 | E30 M3) are registered trademarks of BMW AG.
M3Forum Terms of Service
Copyright 1999-2017 M3Forum.com
Discussing Building out a new 2013 in the E90 M3 (Sedan) | E92 M3 (Coupe) | E93 M3 (Convertible) (2008-2013) Forum - {Engine: S65 - Max Hp: 414 hp (420 hp Euro) at 8,300 rpm / 295 lb/ft at 3,900 rpm} at BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X)