BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 04:18:09 PM   #21
kokgo20

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Angel Eye Disappointment

My umnitza multi color, looks fine to me, love them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (277.8 KB, 55 views)

Build thread
05/2004 SMG PY/BLK - 600 TCKline - CPI Headers & resonated Sec1- Stoptech BBK 6 pod front & 4 pod rear with steel lines - 75mm Studs conversion - PF RTABs & FCABs - AKG subframe bushings - Multi color AEs - FR-X 3.0 Projectors - Smoked Side markers - Euro bumper - V1 with hard wire & Stealth one - M Track Mod - ZCP steering rack - Dual LI - CSL Style diffuser - SCZA Exhaust - E9x Door handle LED retrofit - SCZA CSL bootlid - VEI systems custom air vent A/F & boost gauge - VEI custom air vent Water temp & oil pressure guage- Active Prima plus + FS tune - Mishimoto Radiator & Oil cooler - H&R front Sway - UUC camber arms - keyless & push to start system - clear bra - interiors red stitching contrast - Apex PS7s - 16" Spal fan
Jump to top kokgo20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 04:26:39 PM   #22
Da808dad

United States

I've had both. Started with Khoalty which I really liked. But after about a year after installing them half of one of the rings would go out after they warmed up. Switched to Umnitza a few weeks ago and yes they are brighter. I'm happy with either.
Jump to top Da808dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 04:39:15 PM   #23
jblaze213

United States

Is it just me or does those lenses look blurry/faded in the picture for the Umnitza's. Kind of blurs the look and makes it less precise looking.

I have the Umnitza's and love them. They're bright but they're supposed to be.

Install was a cinch, ballast boxes and all, just secure them via cable tie and they're fine.

When I was considering the Umnitza vs. Khoalty, I didn't hear a lot of good things about Khoalty so I went with Umnitza and I'm very happy overall. That was 2.5 years ago and still working fine.
Jump to top jblaze213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 04:42:11 PM   #24
vongeiss
JerseyShoreM3

United States

Not sure which ones I have because the previous owner installed them, but I have repaired them once or twice and have gotten to know the setup. Super simple, easy to work on, clips hold great, and when I don't want them on, I just pull the fuse! Much simpler than taking them out and selling them. IMO if you want to rock no angel eyes for a while just pull the fuse or relay :2cents:

BTW it's super hard to photograph these well!

2002 ///M3 Carbon Black - current
2002 ///M3 Steel grey / Imola Red - RIP
2001 325i Steel Grey - sold and missed
Instagram: @VONGEISS
Jump to top vongeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 05:09:52 PM   #25
||||||||||
///M Flight - Europe

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by vongeiss View Post
Not sure which ones I have because the previous owner installed them, but I have repaired them once or twice and have gotten to know the setup. Super simple, easy to work on, clips hold great, and when I don't want them on, I just pull the fuse! Much simpler than taking them out and selling them. IMO if you want to rock no angel eyes for a while just pull the fuse or relay :2cents:

BTW it's super hard to photograph these well!
Is that setup your DRL's, or do you have your parking lights and foglights on? This is the same look I was talking about switching to for DRLs on the first page. Looks good, same color as mine and everything

EDIT: Is there a bulb anyone can recommend for Fogs that will be as blue as the ones in this pic, or maybe close that aren't HID? I don't really want to mess with installing HIDs in the fog, but wouldnt mind picking up a whiter bulb than the stock yellow color. Im really thinking of doing this for my DRL's. What does everyone think? AE's, fogs and side markers as DRL's running all the time whenever the car is on, then flip the switch and everything stays the same, except HIDs flip on? I know Im giving it too much thought, but is this a little much for DRL's, or could this look good? I don't want to look like Im driving a spaceship down the street.

Last edited by ||||||||||; Wed, Apr-24-2013 at 05:17:14 PM.
Jump to top |||||||||| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 05:41:20 PM   #26
///M Powerd

In the garage:

Canada

Love my Orion V2 Opaques
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 528015_10151862638165361_336629527_n.jpg (129.0 KB, 57 views)
Jump to top ///M Powerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 06:32:15 PM   #27
Black92BMW

In the garage:

United States

Does EAS still sell their AE's? I loved the look of them over all the other brands. Not too overdone, complemented the car better and the others to me look out of place.
Jump to top Black92BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 06:49:40 PM   #28
SunD3v1L
hi

In the garage:

Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||||||||| View Post
Is that setup your DRL's, or do you have your parking lights and foglights on? This is the same look I was talking about switching to for DRLs on the first page. Looks good, same color as mine and everything

EDIT: Is there a bulb anyone can recommend for Fogs that will be as blue as the ones in this pic, or maybe close that aren't HID? I don't really want to mess with installing HIDs in the fog, but wouldnt mind picking up a whiter bulb than the stock yellow color. Im really thinking of doing this for my DRL's. What does everyone think? AE's, fogs and side markers as DRL's running all the time whenever the car is on, then flip the switch and everything stays the same, except HIDs flip on? I know Im giving it too much thought, but is this a little much for DRL's, or could this look good? I don't want to look like Im driving a spaceship down the street.
Word of caution: it may look better from the outside, however the yellow light on fogs, vastly improves their actual function as opposed to white or blueish light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Powerd View Post
Love my Orion V2 Opaques
Damn. Looks great.
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 07:26:32 PM   #29
||||||||||
///M Flight - Europe

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunD3v1L View Post
Word of caution: it may look better from the outside, however the yellow light on fogs, vastly improves their actual function as opposed to white or blueish light.

Damn. Looks great.
Good point. Guess I might just be doing HIDs in the fogs

Jump to top |||||||||| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Apr-24-2013, 09:16:43 PM   #30
username11

In the garage:

United States

99% of aftermarket angel eyes look ridiculous.

Take an element of good design by BMW and ruin everything that made it good. It gets to the point where the only thing you notice about the car is the giant angel eyes, like so:

Truly awful.

OEM from the correct era had a soft organic off-white which provided a congruent blend with the light housing and paint and striking contrast to the white of the Xenons inside. In comparison to the above, OEM appears as a paragon of good design and a warning to avoid bad cosmetic mods:

Last edited by username11; Thu, Apr-25-2013 at 05:23:03 PM.
Jump to top username11 is offline   Reply With Quote