BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 11:59:02 AM   #21
Kcalhoun27

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: clear corners, what do you think?

I vote smoked and no on the leds no matter what type you choose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top Kcalhoun27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 12:52:09 PM   #22
Paulo M

United States

I think smoked looks almost as bad. They still don't blend since our headlights are old with two chrome circles lol. It just looks like you have a super dark thing on the side of your 90's designed headlights.

oem clears actually give the front end a more masculine look. Just look at the front end of an e39m next to e46m with all oem parts.
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 12:55:57 PM   #23
BTB

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo M View Post
I think smoked looks almost as bad. They still don't blend since our headlights are old with two chrome circles lol. It just looks like you have a super dark thing on the side of your 90's designed headlights.

oem clears actually give the front end a more masculine look. Just look at the front end of an e39m next to e46m with all oem parts.
Totally agree
Jump to top BTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 01:09:20 PM   #24
Kcalhoun27

In the garage:

United States

While its obviously subjective, the clear corners it had looked silly and cheap to me. I like it much better this way

Jump to top Kcalhoun27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 01:19:12 PM   #25
werfer

In the garage:

United States

Can't really see the chrome especially if you have angel eyes. My smoked corners in person don't look very dark at all. Look about the same clear as the headlight. If the oems were actually clear it would be different...but they're white and don't tie in with anything else on the car except the side markers (which can also be smoked). Angel eyes + smoked corners makes the front of this car look 10 years newer imo.
Jump to top werfer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 01:56:16 PM   #26
Paulo M

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcalhoun27 View Post

While its obviously subjective, the clear corners it had looked silly and cheap to me. I like it much better this way

That just looks so bland to me. The car has no features with it blacked out like that. I think the condition of that car made it look cheap bcs that looks cheap and bland imo (not talking crap just being honest).

I can post front end shots of OG with oem everything and it'll look gorgeous and clean but I won't since it's obvious it's not your style.
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 01:58:12 PM   #27
icecream
Registered Apples

In the garage:

United States

Quote:

The OEM clears don't look right either. Too opaque. There are a few types of smoked. I do agree, they also look out of place though but better than OEM. I also noticed that after I polished the old headlight covers, they blended much better.
Jump to top icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 02:03:03 PM   #28
Paulo M

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfer View Post
Can't really see the chrome especially if you have angel eyes. My smoked corners in person don't look very dark at all. Look about the same clear as the headlight. If the oems were actually clear it would be different...but they're white and don't tie in with anything else on the car except the side markers (which can also be smoked). Angel eyes + smoked corners makes the front of this car look 10 years newer imo.
It ties with the oem chrome grills which I also like. They also compliment lighter colored wheels.

In theory blacked corners should blend with the headlights but they don't. I know bcs I've ran them all. They actually look darker in person than in pics since some parts of the smoked are literally gloss black and not see through. Just my opinion of course.
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 02:09:45 PM   #29
BTB

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfer View Post
The stock clear indicators match the side markers and the tail light indicators.

Quote:
That just looks so bland to me. The car has no features with it blacked out like that. I think the condition of that car made it look cheap bcs that looks cheap and bland imo (not talking crap just being honest).

I can post front end shots of OG with oem everything and it'll look gorgeous and clean but I won't since it's obvious it's not your style.
+1, to each his own, but I think the clears give more character to the front end. To my eyes it just looks right the way BMW shipped them out
Jump to top BTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 02:14:41 PM   #30
WOLFN8TR
"MONEY"

In the garage:

United States

Default clear corners, what do you think?

Headlight Armor light smoke film with stealth bulbs from Khaolty.

TTFS Engine/SMG Tune - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri - Sprint Booster V2
UltraGauge - Orion V4's - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - VIS XTS CF Hood - CSL Trunk - Valentine One - Turner 15F/12R Spacers

Last edited by WOLFN8TR; Mon, Jul-17-2017 at 02:17:52 PM.
Jump to top WOLFN8TR is offline   Reply With Quote