BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Sun, Jul-16-2017, 07:35:24 PM   #191
e46xxspeed

United States

Default Re: Xtron PB7646BAP review

Harness is plug and play. Not sure what you're asking. The connectors can only go in specific ports on the head unit. The harness goes from the unit from the front to the trunk via the extension harness then connects to where the connects to where the old nav unit connected

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Jump to top e46xxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 04:39:55 PM   #192
Kieffer87

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good View Post
From the head unit, where is the harness suppose to be connected to?
When I put my Avin Avant2 in I had to purchase an additional harness that ran to the trunk since that's where all of the "brains" were with the factory NAV setup. In my current setup the Avin connects to that harness and that harness only from what I recall. I don't believe any of the connectors behind the dash are used but I'd have to confirm.

Unit should be here tomorrow, crazy fast shipping. I'll report back on what I find.

2003 M3 Alpine/Cinnamon Loaded
APEX ARC-8 18x9.5 ET35 wrapped in 265/35 PSS
TCKline D/A Coilovers (550F/600R) W/Monoball RSM, H&R Adjustable Sway Bars
Fabspeed Headers, UUC Corsa Exhuast, CPI RASP-X
Rogue Power Pullies, AA Tune, SS Lines, ZHP Steering Rack
Jump to top Kieffer87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 06:32:12 PM   #193
m3atwad

United States

just a headsup, the glare on this bad boy can be bad sometimes. if the sun is setting behind you and its coming through the back window, oh man, be prepared to be blinded by the light. my windows are tinted too. ill probably look for an anti-glare screen but not sure if any really work that well. other than that, unit works well. upgraded the software from the link they sent me with a microSD card. and its pretty simple.
Jump to top m3atwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-24-2017, 06:04:14 PM   #194
KhanArt
CLEAN & SIMPLE

In the garage:

United States

Has anyone else purchased this?, reviews/complaints?
Jump to top KhanArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-24-2017, 06:32:42 PM   #195
e46xxspeed

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanArt View Post
Glare you can get anti glare screens for. It's a ***** to get in the console and flush because there isn't much room back there. So you have to be careful of placement of cables. Once you finally get it right. It works great if you have a wifi hotspot. It's super fast and no lag.

Jump to top e46xxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-24-2017, 06:46:45 PM   #196
Mars

In the garage:

Quote:
I installed mine Saturday evening. I'll share my thoughts once I've had a few more days with it.
Jump to top Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-25-2017, 12:27:51 AM   #197
robgill

In the garage:

United States

Quote:

Pretty happy with mine. Once I got the cables sorted the fit was flush. As many have stated the screen glare is pretty bad. I haven't had a chance to try a anti glare decal.

As for functionality I had no problems setting up wifi, Bluetooth etc. I was primarily interested in the Torque app and on track timing, both of those work great.

For an added bonus, the audio for radio is much better and louder than the stock system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My '02 E46M Build Thread
Jump to top robgill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-25-2017, 04:08:37 AM   #198
JamesSJ1

In the garage:

United States

Need anti-glare? When I got my 'vert with factory NAV a few years ago, the screen was scratched up enough to be annoying. Used a cleaner and removed the top coat, which leaves the screen super glossy and reflects the sun right into your eyes like a mirror...not to mention being impossible to see during the day with the top down.

Bang for the buck... buy this:

and then cut to fit. I used a cutting mat, a sharp x-acto knife and a metal straight edge.

Sorry to say the edges aren't always perfectly flush, but it's about 1mm of annoyance sometimes when I look at it vs. impossible to use without. The anti-glare is VERY good, with very good light transmission through it all the time too.
Jump to top JamesSJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Jul-25-2017, 04:40:54 PM   #199
KhanArt
CLEAN & SIMPLE

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46xxspeed View Post
Glare you can get anti glare screens for. It's a ***** to get in the console and flush because there isn't much room back there. So you have to be careful of placement of cables. Once you finally get it right. It works great if you have a wifi hotspot. It's super fast and no lag.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
I installed mine Saturday evening. I'll share my thoughts once I've had a few more days with it.
Thank you, I will look out for your review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robgill View Post
Pretty happy with mine. Once I got the cables sorted the fit was flush. As many have stated the screen glare is pretty bad. I haven't had a chance to try a anti glare decal.

As for functionality I had no problems setting up wifi, Bluetooth etc. I was primarily interested in the Torque app and on track timing, both of those work great.

For an added bonus, the audio for radio is much better and louder than the stock system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSJ1 View Post
Need anti-glare? When I got my 'vert with factory NAV a few years ago, the screen was scratched up enough to be annoying. Used a cleaner and removed the top coat, which leaves the screen super glossy and reflects the sun right into your eyes like a mirror...not to mention being impossible to see during the day with the top down.

Bang for the buck... buy this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and then cut to fit. I used a cutting mat, a sharp x-acto knife and a metal straight edge.

Sorry to say the edges aren't always perfectly flush, but it's about 1mm of annoyance sometimes when I look at it vs. impossible to use without. The anti-glare is VERY good, with very good light transmission through it all the time too.

Thanks, I was just about to ask for someone to post a link to an anti glare they recommend.

Looks like I may go ahead and try this unit out in the near future
Jump to top KhanArt is offline   Reply With Quote