BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 02:15:08 PM   #31
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: clear corners, what do you think?

Those LEDs look cheap to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo M View Post
It ties with the oem chrome grills which I also like. They also compliment lighter colored wheels.
I agree with this. I think it's important to have a cohesive theme.

As in, chrome gills/grills, OE corers, light colored wheels, and untinted windows create a cohesive package. I think this works better on darker colored cars, to create contrast/character. This is the theme I run on the M5.

Dark grills/gills, tinted corners, darker colored wheels (not black), and window tint also creates a cohesive package. I think this works better on lighter colored cars, to create contrast/character. This is the theme I run on the M3.

I like both, in different ways. I don't like mixed and matched (e.g. dark kidneys, OE corners). And, imo black wheels always look bad for street use.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, Wife's 6mt NA RWD e91, 04 M3 wagon
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car

Last edited by Obioban; Mon, Jul-17-2017 at 02:29:57 PM.
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 02:15:40 PM   #32
Kcalhoun27

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulo M View Post
It ties with the oem chrome grills which I also like. They also compliment lighter colored wheels.

In theory blacked corners should blend with the headlights but they don't. I know bcs I've ran them all. They actually look darker in person than in pics since some parts of the smoked are literally gloss black and not see through. Just my opinion of course.

Well that makes sense, youve got a theme on your car and it looks very nice. But i really cant stand the chrome look and prefer a darker look myself. I also have dark grills on the front and sides, and dark wheels, so it completes the look im going for. Similar to how youve got the stock parts that you enjoy the look of, along with silver wheels.
The nice part about modding cars is that like making a sandwich, im the only one that has to enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top Kcalhoun27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 02:22:00 PM   #33
BTB

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Those LEDs look cheap to me.

I agree with this. I think it's important to have a cohesive theme.

As in, chrome gills/grills, OE corers, light colored wheels, and untinted windows create a cohesive package. I think this works better on darker colored cars, to create contrast/character.

Dark grills/gills, tinted corners, darker colored wheels (not black), and window tint also creates a cohesive package. I think this works better on lighter colored cars, to create contrast/character.

I like both, in different ways. I don't like mixed and matched (e.g. dark kidneys, OE corners). And, imo black wheels always look bad for street use.

Of course it's subjective but just seeing this in your sig, it doesn't bother you that your tails are the only light/white part on the car? Imo the clear corners tie it all together even with black grills

Regardless, your car is sick!

Last edited by BTB; Mon, Jul-17-2017 at 02:25:27 PM.
Jump to top BTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 02:25:29 PM   #34
Obioban

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTB View Post
Of course it's subjective but just seeing this in your sig, it doesn't bother you that your tails are the only light/white part on the car? Imo the clear corners tie it all together even with black grills

Yeah, I've gone after that a couple times but the result has always looked cheap, so I pulled it off again.

If I could find a way to address that without the result looking crap ass... I would

But, I mind that less than when I've put the OE clears back in-- the clashing with the gills/grills drives me nuts (constantly visible), while the clashing with the rear I only see in side profile, so it rarely bothers me.

Current Cars: 2005 IR/IR M3, 2001 LMB/blk M5, Wife's 6mt NA RWD e91, 04 M3 wagon
Past cars: 04 M3, 96 M3, S50B32 e36 M3 CM race car
Jump to top Obioban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 02:29:51 PM   #35
BTB

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Yeah, I've gone after that a couple times but the result has always looked cheap, so I pulled it off again.

If I could find a way to address that without the result looking crap ass... I would

But, I mind that less than when I've put the OE clears back in-- the clashing with the gills/grills drives me nuts (constantly visible), while the clashing with the rear I only see in side profile, so it rarely bothers me.
Understood, yeah I've never been much of a fan of the smoke tails either, even if just a tiny bit
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 02:35:11 PM   #36
Kcalhoun27

In the garage:

United States

This is a bit off topic, but ive got all red tails, which are weird looking. I dont even know if theyre stock or not, because i dont think ive ever seen them on another car. But again, they keep with the theme of a darker look. You guys with the imola cars couldnt have a bad looking car if you tried. Thats just a beautiful color

Jump to top Kcalhoun27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 02:36:55 PM   #37
BTB

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
Headlight Armor light smoke film with stealth bulbs from Khaolty.

No offense to you personally, but I imo you just trashed the classic BMW look of the car. No blue roundel, dark/smoked corners, tacked lip onto the stock bumper, hood with 4 vents.. though I'm all for functional vents
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 02:37:49 PM   #38
werfer

In the garage:

United States

I've ran the oem corners as well. Just thought they looked really cheap. And I can't stand chrome. Anywhere. I don't even feel like the oem corners tie in with the taillights unless you have the old style.
Jump to top werfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 03:34:56 PM   #39
SunD3v1L
hi

In the garage:

Italy

Stock.

Old Mon, Jul-17-2017, 03:41:08 PM   #40
josee_alvarenga

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kcalhoun27 View Post
This is a bit off topic, but ive got all red tails, which are weird looking. I dont even know if theyre stock or not, because i dont think ive ever seen them on another car. But again, they keep with the theme of a darker look. You guys with the imola cars couldnt have a bad looking car if you tried. Thats just a beautiful color

could you post a pic please

Jump to top josee_alvarenga is online now   Reply With Quote