BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic > Sports
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Sports All things sports!

Old Tue, Aug-08-2017, 05:32:32 PM   #11
nitteo
my starfish is better than yours

France

Default Re: Official NFL 2017-2018 Season Thread

vegas over under line on the fins wins this season was 7.5...that was BEFORE RT17 went down.
Old Tue, Aug-08-2017, 05:50:19 PM   #12
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstain View Post
I mean...the Dolphins were competitive last year... They went, what, 10-6? The Pats beat them, but it's not like adding Cutler in for Tannehill is going to change that. But saying the Pats just got handed the division last year is undermining how good that Pats team was. There was another playoff team in their own division, it's just that the Pats were that much better.
Cutler is an avg QB at best, not sure why everyone is so high on him. He showed, he throws a killer interception in the red zone and did the same sh1t with the bears. Adding him won't make the Dolphins any more competitive as they were last year.

Pats are a good team no doubt but they have the easiest division for the last decade. Don't say that doesn't help. When it comes playoff time, home field is crucial, Pats wouldn't make it to all those SB's w/o it, Bronco's wouldn't win SB50 w/o it. Seahawks wouldn't win SB48 w/o it.
Old Tue, Aug-08-2017, 06:25:11 PM   #13
Voss
Function over Form

In the garage:

United States

Saying Cutler's name and average in the same sentence is giving him way too much credit.

The only saving grace here is that he's back with Adam Gase for a third time. Familiarity doesn't always equate to success, as we've seen when Gase was with the Bears.

The problem is that people have always put Cutler on a pedestal. I don't know what it is. Maybe his practice and leadership skills are what keep impressing coaches, but his on-the-field performance should be the telling factor. He's the definition of a pretender.
Old Tue, Aug-08-2017, 08:00:59 PM   #14
Dewstain
E90 Driver

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Cutler is an avg QB at best, not sure why everyone is so high on him. He showed, he throws a killer interception in the red zone and did the same sh1t with the bears. Adding him won't make the Dolphins any more competitive as they were last year.

Pats are a good team no doubt but they have the easiest division for the last decade. Don't say that doesn't help. When it comes playoff time, home field is crucial, Pats wouldn't make it to all those SB's w/o it, Bronco's wouldn't win SB50 w/o it. Seahawks wouldn't win SB48 w/o it.
Pats lost one game in the division and one game out of the division last year. They play more games against out of division than in the division, so statistically speaking, they have a worse record vs. their division than against the rest of the league.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a weak division, but to say the Pats have it easy because of it is minimizing how well they play against the rest of the league. They finish first which means they play the first place team from each AFC division each subsequent year. Maybe the division's seen as bad BECAUSE of the Pats. How would it be if each of those teams wasn't losing 2 games to New England every year?

I just looked back and the 2012 season is the last season they didn't lose half their losses in the division. They lost 4 games outside the division and 0 in that year. After that it was 2-2 (2013), 2-2 (2014), 2-2 (2015), and 1-1 (2016).

And conversely, if you remove the Pats losses and substitute wins in the division for the 2nd place team in the East each season, you end up with a playoff team every season back to 2012 as well.

Mind your manners, guys. This is FOT.
Jump to top Dewstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Aug-08-2017, 08:33:36 PM   #15
nitteo
my starfish is better than yours

France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewstain View Post
Pats lost one game in the division and one game out of the division last year. They play more games against out of division than in the division, so statistically speaking, they have a worse record vs. their division than against the rest of the league.

Don't get me wrong, I know it's a weak division, but to say the Pats have it easy because of it is minimizing how well they play against the rest of the league. They finish first which means they play the first place team from each AFC division each subsequent year. Maybe the division's seen as bad BECAUSE of the Pats. How would it be if each of those teams wasn't losing 2 games to New England every year?

I just looked back and the 2012 season is the last season they didn't lose half their losses in the division. They lost 4 games outside the division and 0 in that year. After that it was 2-2 (2013), 2-2 (2014), 2-2 (2015), and 1-1 (2016).

And conversely, if you remove the Pats losses and substitute wins in the division for the 2nd place team in the East each season, you end up with a playoff team every season back to 2012 as well.
It only seems weak cause the Jets suck as s.
Old Wed, Aug-09-2017, 12:13:54 AM   #16
TitSprinksMcGee

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitteo View Post
and just like that, Dolphins season is over.

Tannehill down with non-contact.

Welcome to the Vikings season last year. bridgewater non contact injury too. Then o line and then literally half the defense.

Hopefully the rest of your team stays healthy. I'd rather have Moore than cutler but I don't see this being that terrible for the dolphins. All 3 of those guys (tannehill moore and cutler) are all mediocre starters anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALaw View Post
OP has been surprised by everything that's happened since the 13th Amendment
Coming soon to a post near you.
Jump to top TitSprinksMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-09-2017, 12:48:01 AM   #17
racingbmwm3

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Yep, I agree, the kids go back to school and finally something to watch on the weekends.
uh, Game of Thrones is on right now.

'09 335Xi
'05 Mini Cooper
'89 325iX
gone:'01 325i, '02 X5 4.6is, '87 325, 94 325i, 93 525it, 84 318i (373k miles), 71 2002
Jump to top racingbmwm3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Aug-09-2017, 06:06:30 AM   #18
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingbmwm3 View Post
uh, Game of Thrones is on right now.
Haven't seen a single episode and have no interest at all.
Old Thu, Aug-10-2017, 01:58:06 AM   #19
Dewstain
E90 Driver

United States

Quote:
Haven't seen a single episode and have no interest at all.
Lol a Denver fan and I have something in common?

Mind your manners, guys. This is FOT.
Jump to top Dewstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Aug-10-2017, 03:15:05 AM   #20
Broham

United States

Denver Broncos SBB
Jump to top Broham is offline   Reply With Quote