BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > Misc > Off Topic
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

Off Topic Place to discuss this and that. Note: We also have "request to join" forums: Guns and Fitness.
(Threads/posts inside may contain material that is NSFW / offensive)

Old Wed, Oct-19-2016, 04:31:33 AM   #12581
m3 hal

United States

Default Re: F80/F82/F83 M3/M4 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious View Post
sorry I thought the whole point of the GTS was to actually go fast not just slap on a bunch of race car bling to make it "look fast".

Listen I don't love the car, I think it's kinda overpriced (cf body panels, ccb, coilivers, Ti exhaust are not cheap though) and it hasn't really shown that well outside of N-ring tests (setup probably a big factor in most) but endlessly criticizing a track car for how it looks is kinda missing the point IMO.
It's almost as if there's no other way that a wing or spoiler can be implemented than to mount one in the most generic and obnoxious way possible.
Jump to top m3 hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Wed, Oct-19-2016, 04:38:25 AM   #12582
Serious
Banned

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 hal View Post
It's almost as if there's no other way that a wing or spoiler can be implemented than to mount one in the most generic and obnoxious way possible.
ok, I don't know I guess the mounts are kinda ugly. I never really noticed to be honest.

Personally I don't find the either the front or rear aero on the GTS attractive. If I owned one and drove on the street I would probably just remove it all but that's me. I get why Bmw put the aero on the car though, to make it faster on track.

Car doesn't look too shabby to me here:

Last edited by Serious; Wed, Oct-19-2016 at 06:04:14 AM.
Jump to top Serious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-19-2016, 05:04:07 AM   #12583
AhsanU
pew pew.

United States

My F80 is coming into the NYC port on the 20th

Should be in my possession by October 29th or so.

I know a lot of you guys aren't big advocates of BMW as of late, but there really aren't many 4 door, 5 seater sedans out there that can thrill or excite as the M3 can. Yes, the current M3/M4 is not as amazing as the old N/A M3's, but it's still the #1 best overall sedan in the market. The ATS has horrid interior, the C63S looks pedestrian, the RS4 doesn't even exist.. there's not much to really choose from.

Either way, it'll make for a lovely car to drive every day with the occasional spirited driving, and maybe some track work too. The Model S will be relieved to weekend getaways or puttering around town stealthily.
Old Wed, Oct-19-2016, 05:18:19 AM   #12584
Serious
Banned

In the garage:

United States

GTS sounds pretty ok to me here

Also, thing is fast.
Jump to top Serious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-19-2016, 01:14:44 PM   #12585
Mr. Wolfe
Anti-Bling

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post

I know a lot of you guys aren't big advocates of BMW as of late, but there really aren't many 4 door, 5 seater sedans out there that can thrill or excite as the M3 can. Yes, the current M3/M4 is not as amazing as the old N/A M3's, but it's still the #1 best overall sedan in the market. The ATS has horrid interior, the C63S looks pedestrian, the RS4 doesn't even exist.. there's not much to really choose from.

Either way, it'll make for a lovely car to drive every day with the occasional spirited driving, and maybe some track work too. The Model S will be relieved to weekend getaways or puttering around town stealthily.
Congrats man. Post some pictures.

Mr. Wolfe

2006 Interlagos/Black ///M3 Coupe 6MT
1987 Turquoise Green / Imola Red 325is Mtech1 w/ M62 V8 Swap
2003 Alpine/Cinnamon ///M3 Coupe 6MT (SOLD)
2003 Steel Gray/Black ///M3 Coupe 6MT (SOLD)
Jump to top Mr. Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-19-2016, 01:22:10 PM   #12586
Cyrus

Quote:

Congrats. Not knocking your purchase, and there's lots to recommend the car. Good for you
Old Wed, Oct-19-2016, 03:10:31 PM   #12587
NPalacioM3

In the garage:

Spain

Quote:

You nailed it. Its a great car for what it is and nobody can deny its abilities on or off track. Great, well rounded car that you can take to dinner on Friday night with the family and drive to the track Saturday morning to thrash on it.
Old Wed, Oct-26-2016, 07:53:52 AM   #12588
AhsanU
pew pew.

United States

Well, I've had a long and interesting day to say the least! I picked up my F80 M3 around 7 p.m. or so and wasn't able to snap many pictures. I only grabbed two decent ones.

Some more will come within a few days if anything. But good mother of god the Atlantis metallic paint is simply out of this world. This individual paint was well worth the wait. I'll give more impressions of the ZCP after I drive it a bit more. Can't really push the car until 1200 miles anyway haha.

Last edited by AhsanU; Thu, Oct-27-2016 at 02:50:54 AM.
Jump to top AhsanU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-26-2016, 10:58:53 AM   #12589
keca10
Useful Posts: 5

United States

AhsanU- your car looks amazing. Color is out of this world...You will love the car. Enjoy it in good health.

Is it going to be parked outside permanently?
How much over invoice did you pay?
Let me know when you decide to sell it.

This makes me regret walking out on my deal in the spring.
Jump to top keca10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Wed, Oct-26-2016, 02:42:36 PM   #12590
m3 hal

United States

Quote:
Well, I've had a long and interesting day to say the least! I picked up my F80 M3 around 7 p.m. or so and wasn't able to snap many pictures. I only grabbed two decent ones.

Some more will come within a few days if anything. But good mother of god the Atlantis metallic paint is simply out of this world. This individual paint was well worth the wait. I'll give more impressions of the ZCP after I drive it a bit more. Can't really push the car until 1200 miles anyway haha.

http://i.imgur.com/TXBc8RU.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/EGngnsv.jpg
Very nice! Is that opal white or silverstone interior?
Jump to top m3 hal is offline   Reply With Quote