BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E46 M3 (2001-2006)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E46 M3 (2001-2006) Engine: S54 - Max Hp: 333 hp at 7,900 rpm / 262 lb/ft at 4,900 rpm
Total Produced: 45,000+ - Years Produced: 2001 to 2006.

Old Tue, Apr-18-2017, 02:47:39 AM   #11
WyattH

In the garage:

United States

Default Re: Vehicle Coatings Opticoat, Gyeon, C Quarts Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0csfinest View Post
Ceramic Pro is who I will be using as well. For the price point I choose CP because of lifetime warranty and also the only coating that goes onto your carfax besides the other main reasons.
Amen. I had a full paint correction done and then had 9H applied. It's about time to go in for a simple refresh of the top "Light" coat to keep it all at it's best.
He even polished and coated my interior CF trim, looks brand new and will stay that way.

Dinan | CSL | RAC | TCK | Brembo | \\\WyattH's Journal
Jump to top WyattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Tue, Apr-18-2017, 04:36:11 AM   #12
SeattleLSB

United States

Wow so many more options then I have seen! I am going to do full paint correction. I was curious which path to go.

2003 AW/BLK 330XI>AT>Winter Beater

2003 LSB/Blk M3>6SP>Slicktop - Sold
Jump to top SeattleLSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-18-2017, 06:45:47 AM   #13
delvin
Water Champion

United States

I'd say the most important aspect is WHO is doing the work instead of the brand of coating. Find the best guy for the correction first and foremost.

FWIW I had a 2 stage correction and sealant done for less than a grand and it was well worth the cost.
Jump to top delvin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-18-2017, 05:28:18 PM   #14
r0csfinest

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleLSB View Post
Wow so many more options then I have seen! I am going to do full paint correction. I was curious which path to go.
Paint correction is included in the pricing on Ceramic Pro. Not sure about other brands.

IG: r0csfinest
iDL Design USA
Jump to top r0csfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-18-2017, 07:20:25 PM   #15
rpearl555

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0csfinest View Post
Ceramic Pro is who I will be using as well. For the price point I choose CP because of lifetime warranty and also the only coating that goes onto your carfax besides the other main reasons.

I just read the lifetime warranty terms/policy.

Warranty doesn't seem to go far on paper. Apparently it only covers "environmental induced contaminants such as; bird droppings, tar, tree sap, bug impacts and oxidation. "

And even at that you have to meet their "annual service requirements" and pass their annual inspections.

I guess if you know the place doing the work well enough they'll take care of you. I was most interested in being protected from swirl marks and such. But that's not covered in this policy.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/9db0a9_3d04...52e6f20a65.pdf
Jump to top rpearl555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-18-2017, 07:46:42 PM   #16
Dr M3an M3
Why does everyone think my name is Dan? lol

In the garage:

United States

Anyone have any experience with Flight Shield Sapphire V1 ceramic coating (5 year warranty with 9H hardness)? It is what my local guy uses. He is the best detailer that I have found in my city, an avid BMW enthusiast (drives an E30 and hooks up everyone in our local BMW Enthusiast Club), and swears by this product. I have seen it on quite a few cars and it looks incredible, but I have no experience with any of the other brand ceramic coatings. I am curious how this compares.

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, KW V3 Coilovers, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Upcoming Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers MEGA thread, CSL Airbox...others in the works.
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Street DD friendly Camber Plates compatible with KW V3 Coilovers
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-18-2017, 09:07:04 PM   #17
HD-M3

Puerto Rico

My local guy uses Ceramic Pro and I am seriously considering it after I install my csl trunk.
Old Tue, Apr-18-2017, 09:22:44 PM   #18
Brian N
The Collector

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpearl555 View Post
I just read the lifetime warranty terms/policy.

Warranty doesn't seem to go far on paper. Apparently it only covers "environmental induced contaminants such as; bird droppings, tar, tree sap, bug impacts and oxidation. "

And even at that you have to meet their "annual service requirements" and pass their annual inspections.

I guess if you know the place doing the work well enough they'll take care of you. I was most interested in being protected from swirl marks and such. But that's not covered in this policy.

http://media.wix.com/ugd/9db0a9_3d04...52e6f20a65.pdf
Yeah there is no such thing as a lifetime coating. Also don't believe all the 9H swirl prevention stuff. Both of those are marketing tactics used by companies. Do more digging on the professional detailing forums.

No matter the coating you will eventually reapply and or have to repolish the car. Just a matter of how many swirls or etching marks you can handle before doing so. Once you polish or compound you must also recoat the car. The best thing you can do for your car for swirl prevention is a meticulous wash and dry technique.

-My Journal-
Jump to top Brian N is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-18-2017, 09:39:21 PM   #19
WyattH

In the garage:

United States

^ Agreed. I'm happy with Ceramic Pro and my installer's work but I consider all coatings to be a long lasting sealant/wax. I'd never consider them to be a one time thing. Maintain it properly and it should last, and get it touched up every year for ultimate protection/duration.

Dinan | CSL | RAC | TCK | Brembo | \\\WyattH's Journal
Jump to top WyattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue, Apr-18-2017, 09:47:38 PM   #20
Dr M3an M3
Why does everyone think my name is Dan? lol

In the garage:

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian N View Post
The best thing you can do for your car for swirl prevention is a meticulous wash and dry technique.
So foam gun and leaf-blower/air compressor gun! But even then, if you drive your car the dust and sand in the air will eventually do its damage. It's like the war on drugs, you can minimize the damages, but ultimately you will never win.

I guess you could always clear wrap your car after a paint correction. Although, I have been told they don't actually prevent chips. Often it just holds the paint in place, until the wrap is removed, then the chip marks appear. It should prevent swirls though.

There is a local guy with an M5 who had his car ceramic coated, clear-bra'd, then ceramic coated on top of the clear bra. Probably over kill, but his car always looks great.

Mods: Maintenance, WPC treated rod-bearings, VinceBar (weld) + Redish Plates, Full Beisan VANOS 'lockdown', Supersprint V1 Stepped headers w/ Oversized Section 1, SS Resonated X-Pipe section 2, RE El Diablo Muffler, BBS LMs w/ PSS, Streamline CSL Bumper, CSL style CF diffuser, Vorsteiner CF CSL Bootlid, KW V3 Coilovers, Angel-eyes, CSL SMG Engine DME tune, CSL '255' SMG DME tune, CSL Dynamic Redline Warmup Light parameters.
Upcoming Group-Buys (PM if Interested): OE CSL Bootlids, CSL Bumper, OE CSL Wheels, Supersprint Headers MEGA thread, CSL Airbox...others in the works.
Please PM me - In search of:
-- Street DD friendly Camber Plates compatible with KW V3 Coilovers
-- Wanting to Trade basically brand new Eagle Eye Smoked Reverse Trunk Lights for a pair that are Non-smoked
Jump to top Dr M3an M3 is online now   Reply With Quote