BMW M3 Forum
BMW M3 Forum BMW M3 Gallery BMW M3 Reviews BMW M3 Social Groups BMW M3 Chat M3Forum Sponsors >>

Mobile M3forum
Go Back   BMW M3 Forum.com (E30 M3 | E36 M3 | E46 M3 | E92 M3 | F80/X) > BMW M3 Discussions > E36 M3 (1992-1999)
Tire Rack Buy Winter Tires Now!
Not a member? Register Now!
Register Gallery All Albums Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar FAQ

E36 M3 (1992-1999) {Euro - S50 B32 321hp @ 7400 rpm} {U.S. - S52 B32 240 hp @ 6000 rpm}
Total Produced: 71,212 - Years Produced: 1992 to 1999

Old Thu, Apr-13-2017, 08:12:26 PM   #21
egebhardt

United States

Default Re: Was there someone on here looking for Techno on Black?

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
I know you had a hard time selling your purple car, but you don't seem to ever acknowledge that the market has changed, for these cars in general, and especially for the wacky colours. Someone offered me 19k for my car just yesterday, for the fourth time.
Purple is a tough sell next to Estoril. That's the truth.
Yours is under 100,000 miles so it will fetch a premium, especially with cloth seats and an LTW wing. The Boston car is nowhere near yours.
Is yours a Euro Canadian car? I've never seen your hood up.

Last edited by egebhardt; Thu, Apr-13-2017 at 08:18:15 PM.
Jump to top egebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Register now and remove these ads
Old Thu, Apr-13-2017, 08:38:05 PM   #22
LockDots

United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by egebhardt View Post
Purple is a tough sell next to Estoril. That's the truth.Yours is under 100,000 miles so it will fetch a premium, especially with cloth seats and an LTW wing. The Boston car is nowhere near yours.
Really? I would've thought the opposite.
Old Thu, Apr-13-2017, 08:53:39 PM   #23
egebhardt

United States

Yes. In California, Estoril is King. Maybe in Bellmore, NY it's different. Frankly, I'd like a Byzanz. Byzanz is harder to sell than Techno. Byzanz fights for the bottom spot in polls and its clear-coat seems to fail prematurely. Lux and Automatic and Magma are never popular either. I just don't see anywhere near $12,000 for this TV.

I'm not knocking any color. I've had several so I was willing to buy and sell them.
As always
If you're a seller: Get as much as you can.
If you're a buyer: Pay as little as you can.

Last edited by egebhardt; Thu, Apr-13-2017 at 09:12:00 PM.
Jump to top egebhardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-13-2017, 09:24:53 PM   #24
westopher

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by egebhardt View Post
Purple is a tough sell next to Estoril. That's the truth.
Yours is under 100,000 miles so it will fetch a premium, especially with cloth seats and an LTW wing. The Boston car is nowhere near yours.
If only. My car is an s52. Canadian car since new. It's also far from unmolested. Cloth interior was swapped in and it's only going to be sub 100k for a couple more months. Hopefully I'll s54 swap or s50 euro swap it at sometime. It needs to be basically OEM quality when I do. Agreed with you that the Boston car is nowhere near what it's listed at, but I still think you underestimate the pull of these colours.

98 m3, techno/anthrazit cloth, 100k and officially worthless.
Member journal. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=491859
Jump to top westopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-13-2017, 09:35:51 PM   #25
SQ13

United States

For $17k I'd expect to get an E36 M3 with half that mileage.
Old Thu, Apr-13-2017, 09:54:17 PM   #26
M_Parallel
Mr. OEM

Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by westopher View Post
If only. My car is an s52. Canadian car since new. It's also far from unmolested. Cloth interior was swapped in and it's only going to be sub 100k for a couple more months. Hopefully I'll s54 swap or s50 euro swap it at sometime. It needs to be basically OEM quality when I do. Agreed with you that the Boston car is nowhere near what it's listed at, but I still think you underestimate the pull of these colours.
Go S50. I know it's much harder for US/CND to do so, but since you're also about OEM+, shoot for that.

'98 S50B32 M3 SMG Cabrio . Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz . 1 of 10 made
Jump to top M_Parallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu, Apr-13-2017, 10:01:33 PM   #27
EY84002

In the garage:

United States

I agree that TV and Byzanz would have been hard to sell in 2005. However, there becomes a point when the wacky colors (no offense) and combos are embraced, and then they cost a premium. The E36 is at that point, if it's a nice example and not one beat to crap where no one cares.

My thoughts on purple.
1997 (graduated high school)- Wow that M3 is purple. Umm no.
2017- Wow that M3 is purple. That's pretty eff'n cool, reminiscent of the 90's and kudos to BMW for actually producing a purple M3. I'll take it!!!

Crazy colored cars are always worth more...eventually...and once they get that point they never go back.

That said, the TV on CL here is significantly overpriced in my opinion. The pictures are awful and he's selling the platform, rarity, prancing ponies, slop, objective opinions, etc. Anyone looking to spend that kind of money on an E36 knows what these are and what they do...know the audience and simply tell people what the car is and isn't in detailed fashion. No car with 160k mi is "low miles". If it were a 98 Camry w/ 160k mi it wouldn't be described as low mileage. He sounds like a BS artist, and that turns more people off than on. The only thing this car and Westopher's car have in common is a color code. Different universe as far as miles, condition, interior, parts, etc....and that's what is truly rare.
Old Thu, Apr-13-2017, 10:06:15 PM   #28
mitch500

United States

I happy I keep seeing all these crazy prices. Makes me proud to own a e36 m3 knowing its value is going to skyrocket in the next 10 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jump to top mitch500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-14-2017, 02:40:31 PM   #29
Bimma360

United States

When I first saw this thread, and all of "overpriced" talk, I thought this car must have been in the high 20s. This car isn't priced according to the E36 M3 market as a whole, but more in line with the TV E36 M3 market. This guys is trying to sell his car to a very small handful of current and future potential buyers, that ONLY want a decent TV car no ands ifs or buts (ESPECIALLY if they also HAVE to have a black interior).

Actually, now that I re-read the ad... he actually comes out and says it with the very last sentence. Is there a buyer out there that will actually pay this particular premium to get into the car? Maybe... probably not, I don't know. But if you are the type of person that lists your car at your bottom line price, than you are either an idiot or simply just motivated.

I don't really care to look at all of the listings in the market at the moment, but I bet this is probably the only TV on black for sale in the US. And if it is in decent condition, those that have been looking are asking themselves pretty hard how much of a premium they are willing to pay for this color/combo.

Jump to top Bimma360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri, Apr-14-2017, 02:52:25 PM   #30
M_Parallel
Mr. OEM

Netherlands

^^
I agree, but if so then it's so. No need to make the ad the way he did.

'98 S50B32 M3 SMG Cabrio . Alpinweiß III auf Schwarz . 1 of 10 made
Jump to top M_Parallel is offline   Reply With Quote